Not registered? Then you're not seeing all there is to see. Do you want to contribute? Register now by clicking HERE!

Forums  

Advertise with us
Advertise with us

All Forums
 Classic, Historic & Post Classic Motorcycling
 Future Race Meetings
 Feeding frenzy Nat. Champs 2005
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
  Current Topic Rating: Total Rating: 0 | Join the Forum to Rate this Topic at: Classic Motorcycling Australia Forums  

john
Forum Moderator

Victoria

3130 Posts

Posted - 16 Jun 2005 :  11:28:04 PM  Show Profile Send john a Private Message  

I think we all may have been thrashing about in a feeding frenzy over the upcoming Champs.
Sure I was part of it.
But I can see now that whilst many believe there is a set up for the 2005 to fall over, in reality there is something else different about theses champs and we need to perhaps be aware of it.
My club ususally shouts from the roof tops about an upcoming meeting, the Perth National Champs were promoted in the same way for their own reasons.

Perhaps we need to acknowledge that the Tassie club has their own style of doing things and we just have to accept it.
So maybe instead of waiting for conformation of a "stuff up', we could be planning our trips to Tassie.
Why this approach, now from myself you may ask.

After a few phone calls to and from me to others I realised the wrong signal may be being sent out and we may be sowing the seeds for failure.
Why not accept the assurances that the champs are on and plan accordingly, we may not be surprised.
I am aware the water makes a difference to short term planning we are often lucky to be able to apply and maybe the promoting club could say something, but its their party and they have their ways.
So maybe Alan was correct when he asked how other clubs were going and I was encouraged to report what I can about the HMRAV club members roll call to show some are planning for a cold November!!!

So I ask perhaps we could all reconsider our approach to these 2005 champs and give them more time before we fight over the carcus.
What have we to loose if we do this?

John Daley Sidecar #68
' there are those who do, those who dont do and those who undo. We must lampoon the latter."
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Classic Motorcycling Australia Forums © 2000 - 2024 Go To Top Of Page
This page was put together in 0.77 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 by Classic Motorcycling Australia | Web design by: Greening Computer Services