Not registered? Then you're not seeing all there is to see. Do you want to contribute? Register now by clicking HERE!

Forums  

Advertise with Classic Motorcycling Australia
Advertise with Classic Motorcycling Australia

All Forums
 Promotion Area of Historic/Classic/Post Classic
 Future Race Meetings
 Hounds of Baskerville
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
  Current Topic Rating: Total Rating: 0 | Join the Forum to Rate this Topic at: Classic Motorcycling Australia Forums  

john
Forum Moderator

Victoria

3130 Posts

Posted - 20 Mar 2007 :  8:19:16 PM  Show Profile Send john a Private Message  

I was talking with Scott Seabrook in Tassy last night and came up ith an idea to help promote Historic Racing in Tassy. His club is the Sporting Club of Tassie and this plan has not even been past his club, mine or any other body.
But great ideas often come from stupid concepts.
Plan involves holding a one day race meeting at Baskerville, with practise and scrutineering on Saturday and racing on Sunday. Big dinner, celebration against all those who predicted it will not work, lauding of the greatness of Historic Racing and trophy presentation, on Sunday evening. I hope camping is available at the track.
All racers would need to join the local club, because the track is not licensed for National meetings, but if everybody joins early it would help.
The plan would involve all participating from the big island, pooling resources to get sidecars, solos tools etc over the pond. The solos could be rolled onto the ferry. The locals would assist with transport for the solos and people from Devonport to Hobart and beyond. I have mates in the game plus local enthusiastic volunteers. Perhaps with the pooling of resourses the costs can be shared such that everybody pays the same and I have an idea on that for later. It is a few hours drive from north to south, so gettings things sorted for Saturday afternoon should not be a problem.
On Manday we crawl back to the boat in Devonport wearing "Hounds of Baskerville, I made it First" tee Shirts.
If everybody gets a medallion for attending and we worked hard at it, there is no reason why it could not turn into a great " Must attend " meeting.
Your thoughts please, tell me how to improve on it.

John Daley Sidecar #68
' there are those who do, those who dont do and those who undo. We must lampoon the latter."

Edited by - john on 25 Mar 2007 7:03:31 PM

matcho mick
Advanced Member

New South Wales

570 Posts

Posted - 20 Mar 2007 :  11:53:24 PM  Show Profile  Visit matcho mick's Homepage Send matcho mick a Private Message  

you've won me,we walked around the track whilst doing the touristy bit after the nationals at Symmonds PLAIN ,top track,Broady/Lakeside rolled into one!!,maybe a Tassie old farts??,cheers
Go to Top of Page

Geoffpgrant
Level 3 Member

South Australia

204 Posts

Posted - 21 Mar 2007 :  10:34:15 PM  Show Profile Send Geoffpgrant a Private Message  

Sounds fantastic. Just need a bit of warning about dates so that we can save up.

See you there
Geoff
Sidecar #30
Go to Top of Page

john
Forum Moderator

Victoria

3130 Posts

Posted - 21 Mar 2007 :  10:55:35 PM  Show Profile Send john a Private Message  

The support is great, but what about some constructive improvement or additional ideas please?

John Daley Sidecar #68
' there are those who do, those who dont do and those who undo. We must lampoon the latter."
Go to Top of Page

john
Forum Moderator

Victoria

3130 Posts

Posted - 25 Mar 2007 :  7:07:02 PM  Show Profile Send john a Private Message  

OK I give up, I need feedback I can see I need to tempt you.
So if you make a comment to improve or build on the idea, not just " Good Idea please keep working !", I will throw on free BEER for anybody who has helped develop the plan on the internet. You can hold me to that, redeemable at Historic Winton.

John Daley Sidecar #68
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Classic Motorcycling Australia Forums © 2000 - 2024 Go To Top Of Page
This page was put together in 0.94 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 by Classic Motorcycling Australia | Web design by: Greening Computer Services