Not registered? Then you're not seeing all there is to see. Do you want to contribute? Register now by clicking HERE!

Forums  

Advertise with Classic Motorcycling Australia
Advertise with Classic Motorcycling Australia

All Forums
 Classic, Historic & Post Classic Motorcycling
 Future Race Meetings
 STARS OF TOMMORROW Phillip Island
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
  Current Topic Rating: Total Rating: 0 | Join the Forum to Rate this Topic at: Classic Motorcycling Australia Forums  

john
Forum Moderator

Victoria

3130 Posts

Posted - 21 Jun 2004 :  2:28:20 PM  Show Profile Send john a Private Message  

Just letting you know that we have a clash of dates with the AUssie Titles and Stars of Tommorrow on 6, 7 November 2004. As a Secretary I am concerned because we recently had another meeting which clashed and many riders were lost to each meeting.
With the titles at Winton and the Stars at the Island there may well be some competition for entrants, which is unfortunate.

John Daley Sidecar #68
' there are those who do, those who dont do and those who undo. We must lampoon the latter."

acotrel
Advanced Member

Victoria

2147 Posts

Posted - 21 Jun 2004 :  9:44:55 PM  Show Profile Send acotrel a Private Message  

John, Winton Motor Raceway became aware of the clash of dates early in the proceeding. The matter was discussed with MA, and it was agreed (after advice from Ross Martin) that the meeting wouldn't take many entries away from the Championships, as Hartwell apparently don't include many historic races at their meeting. WE know we may lose a few guys who ride both historics and moderns. It provides a bit more of an argument for Winton to use EVERY means to get competitors to the Championships, and we are looking to our support event as well as championship races to do this!

Is your machine authentic or merely eligible?
Go to Top of Page

john
Forum Moderator

Victoria

3130 Posts

Posted - 22 Jun 2004 :  08:04:59 AM  Show Profile Send john a Private Message  

I dont know that you need to alter the format of a good meeting to get competitors.
We lost at least 8 riders because of the date clash.
You would expect about 250 to the National titles, because thats what has been entering for a few years now. As I have said to you before, support events at Title meetings have not been a popular proposal with MA.
A good track, reasonable fees and good facilities are the basic requirements.
They are busy meetings and support events may just make it too busy.

John Daley Sidecar #68
' there are those who do, those who dont do and those who undo. We must lampoon the latter."
Go to Top of Page

acotrel
Advanced Member

Victoria

2147 Posts

Posted - 22 Jun 2004 :  7:33:12 PM  Show Profile Send acotrel a Private Message  

John, I am not personally paying the permit fee for the meeting, nor am I taking the risk. Both of those areas are in the domain of Benalla Auto Club/Winton Motor Raceway. I'd point out that it's in all our interests to make the meeting as profitable as possible. This means taking into consideration what the spectators want to see as well as providing for and pleasing the maximum number of competitors.
The clash of dates, possible maintaining of the non-championship status of the 700 and 750cc classes in P3 and P4, and possible prohibition of BEARS races at the Championship, by MA, may become a 'bone of contention' with the BAC members and Winton staff!

Go to Top of Page

john
Forum Moderator

Victoria

3130 Posts

Posted - 23 Jun 2004 :  08:51:18 AM  Show Profile Send john a Private Message  

Clubs around Australia have run profitable Aussie Historic Champs without all these extra events. We got profits from the Southern Classic from the spectators we attracted not from the racers.
How much profit is reasonable, $25,000, $35,000 thats what has happenned in the past.
I am worried you may ruin a great meeting by having too much jambed into the program, that when a delay comes you find you need lights to complete the last few races. Or even worse you cancel them.
So please have the sidecar races early in the day sop we dont get chopped off.

John Daley Sidecar #68

Edited by - john on 23 Jun 2004 10:29:43 AM
Go to Top of Page

acotrel
Advanced Member

Victoria

2147 Posts

Posted - 23 Jun 2004 :  4:39:13 PM  Show Profile Send acotrel a Private Message  

I will not make further comment on this topic. The running of the meeting is the business of Winton Motor Raceway Pty Ltd and MA. You can criticise it after it has been held!

Go to Top of Page

john
Forum Moderator

Victoria

3130 Posts

Posted - 23 Jun 2004 :  5:27:10 PM  Show Profile Send john a Private Message  

Yeah, I guess its a bit unreal to argue the point before the details are finalised

John Daley Sidecar #68
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Classic Motorcycling Australia Forums © 2000 - 2024 Go To Top Of Page
This page was put together in 0.86 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 by Classic Motorcycling Australia | Web design by: Greening Computer Services