Not registered? Then you're not seeing all there is to see. Do you want to contribute? Register now by clicking HERE!

Forums  

Advertise with us
Advertise with us

All Forums
 Classic, Historic & Post Classic Motorcycling
 Future Race Meetings
 2004 Southern Classic
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
  Current Topic Rating: Total Rating: 0 | Join the Forum to Rate this Topic at: Classic Motorcycling Australia Forums  

David
Site Administrator

Australia

999 Posts

Posted - 05 Aug 2004 :  9:18:15 PM  Show Profile  Visit David's Homepage Send David a Private Message  

As Supplied by HMRAV:
[img=center]You must be logged in to see this link.[/img=center]
167.11 KB

Regards,

David
Webmaster & Owner of Classic Motorcycling Australia

Quote: I thought I wanted a career, turns out I just wanted to be paid.

john
Forum Moderator

Victoria

3130 Posts

Posted - 06 Aug 2004 :  08:38:28 AM  Show Profile Send john a Private Message  

PRACTISE will be available at Broadford
9.00am till 5pm, book with Patrick or just front.

John Daley Sidecar #68
' there are those who do, those who dont do and those who undo. We must lampoon the latter."
Go to Top of Page

keith campbell
Level 3 Member

Victoria

248 Posts

Posted - 16 Aug 2004 :  1:26:41 PM  Show Profile Send keith campbell a Private Message  

Hi all hope all is well with plans for the big race.
I am interested to know whether Friday practise is happening with Sthn.Classic on 1st October
Go to Top of Page

Patrick
Level 3 Member

Victoria

314 Posts

Posted - 16 Aug 2004 :  7:06:27 PM  Show Profile Send Patrick a Private Message  

Practice Friday October 1st 9.00am - 4.00pm [ booking not required ]
Interstate riders and crews can come in Thursday night if it's easier.
Mount Piper Takeaways are M/C friendly and are in the shop next to the Supermarket. Worth a try!
Regards

Edited by - Patrick on 16 Aug 2004 9:07:28 PM
Go to Top of Page

john
Forum Moderator

Victoria

3130 Posts

Posted - 28 Aug 2004 :  5:38:12 PM  Show Profile Send john a Private Message  

If you want to enter any bikes in the lunchtime parade / zoom cos you are an old retired racer you are most welcom. You will need a Rec. licence we can issue on the day, a smile and your bike.
Just email me for the deatils which I can send you.

John Daley Sidecar #68
' there are those who do, those who dont do and those who undo. We must lampoon the latter."
Go to Top of Page

keith campbell
Level 3 Member

Victoria

248 Posts

Posted - 31 Aug 2004 :  4:24:13 PM  Show Profile Send keith campbell a Private Message  

As at Monday 30th still very few entries for meeting rec'd!
C'Mon Guys and Gals get it together and send in your entries.
The earlier the better = much more pleasurable task for Race Secretary not having to cram it all into the last possible moments.
You know you're going to enter so just do it!
Go to Top of Page

keith campbell
Level 3 Member

Victoria

248 Posts

Posted - 16 Sep 2004 :  09:01:18 AM  Show Profile Send keith campbell a Private Message  

Hello, anybody out there?
C'Mon get your entry in the mail to make this meeting.
Go to Top of Page

john
Forum Moderator

Victoria

3130 Posts

Posted - 04 Oct 2004 :  08:08:52 AM  Show Profile Send john a Private Message  

Just reporting the meeting was another great sucess from our point of view. Good racing, good crowd, good sidecars and good coffee. What else is there to say, other than THANK YOU to all who participated it is the participation by each segment that makes the whole better.

John Daley Sidecar #68
Go to Top of Page

Former Member
deleted

15 Posts

Posted - 04 Oct 2004 :  09:24:19 AM  

Congratulations to the HMRAV, the marshals, and all the other volunteers who combined to put on another great meeting.

Al
Go to Top of Page

Former Member
deleted

120 Posts

Posted - 04 Oct 2004 :  7:26:34 PM  

Go guys, you must have done well to impress the gnarly commish. any results available and whats the low down on this meeting you guys had.

Jayne
Go to Top of Page

popeye
Level 2 Member

Western Australia

187 Posts

Posted - 04 Oct 2004 :  8:53:13 PM  Show Profile Send popeye a Private Message  

The paddock fairies told me you had a beauty, well done all concerned, can't wait to see some results and competitors reports on the improved track (the fairies were off the street spectators with little knowledge of the sport, they were bulk impressed).

The Mac Park meeting was a good 'un, final figures will tell us a lot more in the next week or two, the big winner was the track which didn't get the hacking it usually gets at xmas from the unlimited modern bikes.

A big thanks to whoever was responsible for the weather, it was fantastic.

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we're here we may as well dance
Go to Top of Page

David
Site Administrator

Australia

999 Posts

Posted - 04 Oct 2004 :  9:17:35 PM  Show Profile  Visit David's Homepage Send David a Private Message  

Any time...
quote:
Originally posted by popeye

A big thanks to whoever was responsible for the weather, it was fantastic.

Glad I kept it nice for you and the others..

Regards,

David

Go to Top of Page

john
Forum Moderator

Victoria

3130 Posts

Posted - 04 Oct 2004 :  10:05:03 PM  Show Profile Send john a Private Message  

Results of the meeting news.
For anybody interested, I will be sending all the times to the Formula Xtreme (Aus Superbikes), and MCNEWS web sites. Whether they put the information up on their sites is up to them. I have a feeling Formula Xtreme will. Scott Laing, Computime. Dave he would be able to give them to you if yo want.

John Daley Sidecar #68
Go to Top of Page

David
Site Administrator

Australia

999 Posts

Posted - 05 Oct 2004 :  06:26:01 AM  Show Profile  Visit David's Homepage Send David a Private Message  

Are you going to send them here?
quote:
Originally posted by john

Results of the meeting news.
For anybody interested, I will be sending all the times to the Formula Xtreme (Aus Superbikes), and MCNEWS web sites. Whether they put the information up on their sites is up to them. I have a feeling Formula Xtreme will. Scott Laing, Computime. Dave he would be able to give them to you if yo want.

I will put them up as well..

Regards,

David

Go to Top of Page

Allan
Site Moderator

National

599 Posts

Posted - 05 Oct 2004 :  09:46:43 AM  Show Profile  Visit Allan's Homepage Send Allan a Private Message  

John fancy asking David if he wants results. **** just put then on the site, this was the other main reason for this cluster. wot do u think the "RACE RESULTS" page is for? r u that far up ur self!!

Allan Greening
Go to Top of Page

Allan
Site Moderator

National

599 Posts

Posted - 05 Oct 2004 :  10:04:36 AM  Show Profile  Visit Allan's Homepage Send Allan a Private Message  

Dear John, You must be logged in to see this link. is offered as a free service to class/post and P5 racers which you use freely "YET" you offer "others" the RACE RESULTS from Winton, before placing the results here, where the true "CLASSIC" motorcyclist look for information and results "Please" support the cluster/web fully. I have been mixed up with motorcycling racing since 1954 and this web is the best thing for the sport since sliced bread!!"BUT" to be the best web for "CLASSIC MOTORCYCLING we need TRUE reporters to post RESULTS.[this is from Allan Greening as a personal note not as WWWcmc.com.au }

Allan Greening
Go to Top of Page

john
Forum Moderator

Victoria

3130 Posts

Posted - 05 Oct 2004 :  11:27:12 AM  Show Profile Send john a Private Message  

There is no evidence that I have freely offered results to anybody, I am not in that position I dont have electronic records of them. Just before you jump up and down, off site at about 8.05 am today, I have put the time keepers, Computime and David Greening in touch with each other to get the results published here. As being up myself, do you know how to spell "apology"

John Daley Sidecar #68
Go to Top of Page

Former Member
deleted

174 Posts

Posted - 05 Oct 2004 :  2:46:45 PM  

After a completely mental week of getting things ready rolling thru the front gates at Broady first thing on Sat morn,a big broad smile erupted on my dial...
Pull up at the pit shed meet all the usual suspects,then start unpackin the outfit,tools,and everything else thats remotely needed for the weekend.
Get the bike up to scrutineering passes with flying colours,but not me.(and another competitor too)
No,Ive just renewed my licence and still hadnt recieved the paper slip.No racing for you my son or so I was told.
Enter 1 Heinz Schulter,Peter Wright MV,and my other half.Between the 3 of em a solution was made and young Neilly and fellow competitor made it out for qualifying with time to spare.
Thankyou Heinz,Peter and Tracey for your efforts for this.

Post Classic/Forgotten Era Sidecars
Qualifying,
managed to get third,
1 Max Hooper/Warren Grubb
2 Ron and Chris Trounson
3 Leon DeVries/Me
4 Geoff Irwin/Nicole Dunnolly
5 John Daley/Phil Treacey
6 Chris Large/Peter Heywood

The first race we got a good start only to get tangled up with Max unfotunatley trashin the new paint job but as the sayin goes "RUBBINS RACING".
As this was happening John nearly pounced around the outside makin it 4 outfits wide going into Turn 1,Exit Turn two and Ron leads Max from Geoff,Us,John then Chris.The rest is a blur with my bike starting to develop shift problems.
Not sure where we finished that one as I was a bit pre occupied with trying to get the bike in gear using the hand as well as Leons foot.
Did manage a second place trophy at the end of the days racing so I was pretty chuufed considering what had happened.
Sat night repair the bugger well sort of anyway.

Sunday-
Did 4 laps in prac all seemed to be a bit better it was now sometimes going into 5th gear as opposed to thrashin it round in 4th on the limiter y/day.

Race one saw John riding Maxs bike with Warren swingin and Chris Trounson riding the outfit he usually swings on with his old man.
Johns bike was out of action with a bent valve from yday.
Enter turn one it was Geoff from us ,Chris ,John,then Chris Large.
The 3 P5 outfits managed to just put a tiny gap on the P4 in lap 1 then kept adding as the laps increased.
Lap three Chris Trounson had a bit a moment at Turn 7 losing him a bit of ground on Geoff and Us,Lap 4 saw us have a big lose at Bay 13 aka Turn5 this was as we where just about to put it up the inside of him the rear stepped out and sent us around and of into the dirt/grass.To much throttle me thinks!!!
Managed to rejoin in front of Chris and finish 2nd.

Race Two SOUTHERN CLASSIC Feature race
Got of the line ok got 2nd gear then 3rd just said Im not playing anymore and bent the shift forks.Day over!!!!!!!!!!!

All in all though I still had a ball as usual and will be looking forward to next one in 2005
Well done and thankyou to the following

HMRAV
Cadburys
Scallywag Sox
Ray White Real Estate
Australian Motorcycle Trader
Mitchell Shire Council
Royal Enfeild Australia
Two Wheel Torque
Caulfeild RSL and LIONS

Without the support from these companies the event would be a lot harder to put on and a big thank-you goes out to you.

Kathryn from Serco
Rob from Nurlendi Panels
Joe from Underdog Leathers You must be logged in to see this link.
Kurt Meyer and the St Johns Ambulance Service
The Sutton Family
Liquorworks Seymour
and many other for all the help.
Cheers
Neill

Its not what you ride,Its how fast you ride it!!!
Go to Top of Page

Former Member
deleted

174 Posts

Posted - 05 Oct 2004 :  2:49:34 PM  

Apparently they had solos up there too!!!

Go to Top of Page

David
Site Administrator

Australia

999 Posts

Posted - 05 Oct 2004 :  9:36:26 PM  Show Profile  Visit David's Homepage Send David a Private Message  

OK, here is a rough copy of the results from the southern classic:

You must be logged in to see this link.

Thanks heaps John (John Daley) for getting Scott Laing from Computime Race Timing Systems Pty Ltd to send them on out today.

At least we will put something up until I go and pretty them up a bit.

Regards,

David

Go to Top of Page

john
Forum Moderator

Victoria

3130 Posts

Posted - 06 Oct 2004 :  10:28:18 PM  Show Profile Send john a Private Message  

To the organisers & members of HMRAV
The Southern Classic
What a great weekend.Equally as good as last year.
Well done, a good program with lots of great racing for both competitors & the good number of spectators.You even arranged the good weather.
Regards
John Crewdson
Ezi-Products Pty Ltd
Sponsor for Jeff Britton & Graeme Fisher

John Daley Sidecar #68
Go to Top of Page

Former Member
deleted

174 Posts

Posted - 09 Oct 2004 :  04:02:35 AM  

Sid Evans from Sid Evans Photography 0414 524235 was at the Southern Classic taking some great shots from round the circuit.
He took over 200 photos so he is bound to have one of you if you made it to the event.
Sid has agreed to come along to all HMRAV events and do what he does best,making us look faster than we really are!

I will ask Sid if its OK to use a sample of his work in the picture gallery or you can go to the HMRAV site and follow the links to the Photo Gallery section as they will be available in the next couple of days.

Go to Top of Page

john
Forum Moderator

Victoria

3130 Posts

Posted - 12 Oct 2004 :  08:22:10 AM  Show Profile Send john a Private Message  

You can also go to his own site You must be logged in to see this link. from memory

John Daley Sidecar #68
Go to Top of Page

Former Member
deleted

174 Posts

Posted - 12 Oct 2004 :  3:33:38 PM  

Nah, thats Steve Piper who has spbikepix,same gentleman who takes shots for You must be logged in to see this link.

Go to Top of Page

john
Forum Moderator

Victoria

3130 Posts

Posted - 12 Oct 2004 :  4:11:55 PM  Show Profile Send john a Private Message  

I am confused I must have spun around a few times. I was sure Sid was the man who came to the Southern Classic. It is 2006 isn't it?????

John Daley Sidecar #68
Go to Top of Page

Former Member
deleted

174 Posts

Posted - 13 Oct 2004 :  2:49:31 PM  

If you ever cock a leg over a solo Ill know for sure your really confused.
Sid did attend the classic,so your not totally confused,
Steve Piper attended the classic also.
Hope this helps and to clear your confused brain.Youve been sniffin the meth again havnt you JD.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Classic Motorcycling Australia Forums © 2000 - 2024 Go To Top Of Page
This page was put together in 0.98 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 by Classic Motorcycling Australia | Web design by: Greening Computer Services