Not registered? Then you're not seeing all there is to see. Do you want to contribute? Register now by clicking HERE!

Forums  

Advertise with us
Advertise with us

All Forums
 Classic, Historic & Post Classic Motorcycling
 Future Race Meetings
 Historic winton 2005
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
  Current Topic Rating: Total Rating: 0 | Join the Forum to Rate this Topic at: Classic Motorcycling Australia Forums  

john
Forum Moderator

Victoria

3130 Posts

Posted - 24 Oct 2004 :  10:28:38 AM  Show Profile Send john a Private Message  

Yeh I know I am early, but we do see the benefit of geting out the news.
Historic Winton has a special place in Historic racing because of its longevity.
last year we encouraged many machine owners to get to this meeting and we had great numbers compaered with earlier yars.
the supp regs will be out soon the date is last weekend of May 2005.
Please consider.

John Daley Sidecar #68
' there are those who do, those who dont do and those who undo. We must lampoon the latter."

Edited by - john on 05 Nov 2004 10:09:24 AM

Geoffpgrant
Level 3 Member

South Australia

204 Posts

Posted - 24 Oct 2004 :  11:37:20 AM  Show Profile Send Geoffpgrant a Private Message  

I would like to support John on this one. Historic Winton has a special place in my heart as being the first place I raced a sidecar. I will certainly be there next year and I encourage everyone to get there too. The more we get the greater the fun level. While there is always a good field of sidecars I especially encourage sidecars to come along and play. The meeting offers good value for money (assuming similar fees to recent years) with at least 4 rides and lots of great car and bike action to watch in between your rides. See you there.

Geoff
Sidecar #30
Go to Top of Page

john
Forum Moderator

Victoria

3130 Posts

Posted - 24 Oct 2004 :  1:59:45 PM  Show Profile Send john a Private Message  

I'll put the cheque in the mail geoff for the good wrap!!!
Seriously we do have plenty of grid space for all machines and would welcome as many as we can get there.
The C class machines would be good to see and are very appropriate for this meeting.
Maybe we could do a dinner / BBQ on sat. night I shall seek other opinions.

John Daley Sidecar #68
' there are those who do, those who dont do and those who undo. We must lampoon the latter."

Edited by - john on 24 Oct 2004 2:51:33 PM
Go to Top of Page

acotrel
Advanced Member

Victoria

2147 Posts

Posted - 24 Oct 2004 :  6:53:08 PM  Show Profile Send acotrel a Private Message  

John, there's potential to run an interesting meeting at Winton in early 2006. Ken McIntosh and the NZCMCRR are apparemtly arranging for a collection of classic bikes to come from the US to PUKEKOHE. It wouldn't be too difficult to tack on the end of the tour. Apparently the collection belongs to Tim Barber, and it's the best in the US, having MVs and AJS Porcupines and a lot else.
The New Zealanders work about 18 months ahead when they bring these guys out, so if you're interested, keep in touch.

Is your machine authentic or merely eligible?
Go to Top of Page

john
Forum Moderator

Victoria

3130 Posts

Posted - 25 Oct 2004 :  08:13:19 AM  Show Profile Send john a Private Message  

But isn't that meeting earlier than the end of May?

John Daley Sidecar #68
Go to Top of Page

Former Member
deleted

120 Posts

Posted - 27 Oct 2004 :  10:20:13 PM  

The old man has just got some interesting news, which might be a bomshell to some guys but old news to others. well apparently winton cant afford there cams membership next year and cams wont carry them anymore which means there will be no historic winton coz its run by the austin car club who have to have it. and the historic broadford meeting is being set up to make things continue. maybe the guys who know all about the latest crap winton is involved in can tell everyone else whats going on. seems the only racing at winton in the future will be people leaving, broadford is a pretty good track anyway. is it possible that the same people who run winton run ma as well.

Jayne

Edited by - n/a on 28 Oct 2004 12:29:55 AM
Go to Top of Page

john
Forum Moderator

Victoria

3130 Posts

Posted - 27 Oct 2004 :  11:12:13 PM  Show Profile Send john a Private Message  

As the originator of Historic Broadford,it has nothing to do with any action at Winton.
It is an idea I have to encourage all the smaller, machines which have been displaced by fire breathing, wheel spinning monster machines, to the extent that the cars and bikes that started Historic racing are no longer welcome.
Currently all the smaller and older machines are just not turning up to meetings. I encourage the Committee to invite the Austin 7 club to assist with the small older cars because we cant run a sprint meeting with only bikes, not enough turn up. The concept of Historic Broadford is participation not brute horespower.

Historic Broadford is nothing like Historic Winton. So please Scotch that rumour.
CAMS track licencing is something I know nothing about, perhaps an approach direct may help.

The People who run Braodford are NOT the people who run MA.
Broadford is an asset owned by the members of Motorcycling Victoria, they have paid all the losses over the years to keep it running, I guess if anybody else wants to claim ownership they would need to reimbures all the Vic. Licence holders all the dosh they have chipped in for the last 25 years.

John Daley Sidecar #68
Go to Top of Page

Former Member
deleted

48 Posts

Posted - 27 Oct 2004 :  11:36:25 PM  

There is some information about this subject, Winton and CAMS, over at Motor Sport Forum You must be logged in to see this link.
Go to Top of Page

acotrel
Advanced Member

Victoria

2147 Posts

Posted - 29 Oct 2004 :  08:09:01 AM  Show Profile Send acotrel a Private Message  

Jayne, I'd leave the subject of Winton and CAMS well alone, and just hope they don't begin to deal with other 'controlling bodies' in the same way. Winton has its insurance for several car meetings through the Australian AutoSport Alliance, an alternative to CAMS which provides a much better deal for competitors.
Insurance for motorcycle meetings , and is unlikely to ever be through AASA.
I suggest with this one you are blundering in, where angels fear to tread.

Go to Top of Page

acotrel
Advanced Member

Victoria

2147 Posts

Posted - 29 Oct 2004 :  08:42:33 AM  Show Profile Send acotrel a Private Message  

The forum at You must be logged in to see this link. has info on the Winton Motor Raceway Pty Ltd / CAMS debate. I suggest you take this topic there and by all means comment. I'd advise however - DON'T TAKE SIDES in this one. You can really do some damage to motorcycling generally.

Go to Top of Page

acotrel
Advanced Member

Victoria

2147 Posts

Posted - 29 Oct 2004 :  09:19:06 AM  Show Profile Send acotrel a Private Message  

I heard yesterday that MA (Ross Martin ?) suggested that the may 2005 historic meeting at Winton should be a championship event for ladies. The programme would include 'buckets' and other capacity classes under 125cc. Apparently the champion gets to wear the pink leathers.

Go to Top of Page

john
Forum Moderator

Victoria

3130 Posts

Posted - 29 Oct 2004 :  4:44:22 PM  Show Profile Send john a Private Message  

Cut it out Al, you are showing your age!
Just in case anybody thinks we would ever have buckets at Historic winton I better let you know my committee has already warned me off suggeting buckets at any HMRAV meeting.

John Daley Sidecar #68
Go to Top of Page

acotrel
Advanced Member

Victoria

2147 Posts

Posted - 29 Oct 2004 :  7:15:05 PM  Show Profile Send acotrel a Private Message  

Sorry John. I sincerely wish you luck with Historic Broadford. The more successful meetings we have, the better.
Didn't mean to imply you were thinking about buckets at your meeting. I was simply stirring Jayne.

Go to Top of Page

acotrel
Advanced Member

Victoria

2147 Posts

Posted - 29 Oct 2004 :  7:19:38 PM  Show Profile Send acotrel a Private Message  

I don't believe the bullsh*t berween Winton and CAMS will affect the May 2005 meeting. The cars will either run under CAMS or AASA, and the bikes under MA/MV permit and insurance. What's different about that? Personally I don't give a stuff about the infighting between the carries, except that I'm minimally involved, and it has a few indirect effects on motorcycling.

Go to Top of Page

Former Member
deleted

120 Posts

Posted - 29 Oct 2004 :  7:35:25 PM  

Ah crap, I was looking forward to racing against Alan C the winton wizz and Ross Martin in the girls race, we all reckon it would be about the only chance we'd all get to see them ride, spose though the girls competition would be a bit tough for them, they can always ride a kawasaki in the bears, might be more there pace. Alan C you havn't got anywhere near enough cred to stop anyone looking into whats happening at winton, if winton goes bust then viccy may lose a race track plus the car and bike meeting means a lot to people and winton might need to be reminded of that. i wont damage motorcycling, and i'll get in the way of anyone who tries if i can. lot of guys are watching this very closely and dont believe much that comes out of winton and i had a look at your anti cams web site as well.

Jayne
Go to Top of Page

steve
Level 2 Member

Queensland

86 Posts

Posted - 29 Oct 2004 :  8:44:25 PM  Show Profile Send steve a Private Message  

Hi All
Myself & I'm sure many people read these Forums for info on Historic racing, up & coming events etc etc. It has been a good sorce of information & for a year or two I have been reading & having my say & checking people views, laterly I've been seeing "Personnal Attacks" on People, Bikes, & Tracks, What I can & cannot race at Historic Meetings from the Rules to Organising bodies etc bloody etc but lately it's getting beyond a joke. Lots of people are turning "off" & couldn't be bothered reading this stuff. I think this is a great forum & praise the people running this site & I'm sure lots of people think like wise. I will be switching off for a while, I have to put up with enough crap in life besides reading it here.
Steve
PS Jayne give it a break.
Go to Top of Page

Former Member
deleted

120 Posts

Posted - 30 Oct 2004 :  8:30:17 PM  

Steve if what you read here scares you then find somewhere cosy. if you check the reads on the different topics you'll see that youre really talking only for yourself. If everything was running smoothly would you get on your high horse and have a go at us for congratulating people, coz we would. you go and sort out the other crap in your life that you talked about then come back here and see if things have improved for you. bottom line is sites like this can make a difference, just look at the winton backflip and Ross Martins rules changes.

Jayne
Go to Top of Page

matcho mick
Advanced Member

New South Wales

570 Posts

Posted - 30 Oct 2004 :  11:49:17 PM  Show Profile  Visit matcho mick's Homepage Send matcho mick a Private Message  

hey Steve,hope it's still nice n cosy on the run in ,full moon too,be jewies off Yamba's main beach?,or up around the river mouth?,take care bro,
Go to Top of Page

john
Forum Moderator

Victoria

3130 Posts

Posted - 01 Nov 2004 :  07:02:36 AM  Show Profile Send john a Private Message  

Can we stick to the Topic please.
I think I statred people thinking about Historic Winton 2005. We had a real drive to get machines there this year and it worked so we need to aim a bit higher and get some interesting stuff to the meeting. Classics is the main desire. Has anybody got any ideas?

John Daley Sidecar #68
Go to Top of Page

Former Member
deleted

72 Posts

Posted - 05 Nov 2004 :  12:43:15 PM  

would it be possible to run some races for non log-booked bikes at this event? how about a seperate class with a later cut of date than current p5? look at it as a 'promotional event' to try and encourage a few more bikes and riders out. similar to the international challenge at P.I.
its just an idea.....

There are those who do, those who used to do and those who never did..
why is this 3rd group always trying to convince everyone they know best?
Go to Top of Page

john
Forum Moderator

Victoria

3130 Posts

Posted - 05 Nov 2004 :  3:41:54 PM  Show Profile Send john a Private Message  

Good point HHH but we only have 17 events available to us at this event, so there is no lunch time available. But we are planning such an activity at the Vic Titles in March 2005. The lunch time parade is one area we are working on. This year we only had 6 bikes for 5 laps. With help with extra Marshalls we hope to be able to run an extended period. But hang in there, road bikes, non logbooked bikes anything that is safe can run.

John Daley Sidecar #68
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Classic Motorcycling Australia Forums © 2000 - 2024 Go To Top Of Page
This page was put together in 0.88 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 by Classic Motorcycling Australia | Web design by: Greening Computer Services