Not registered? Then you're not seeing all there is to see. Do you want to contribute? Register now by clicking HERE!

Forums  

Advertise with us
Advertise with us

All Forums
 Classic, Historic & Post Classic Motorcycling
 Future Race Meetings
 Commonwealth games & the HMRAV
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
  Current Topic Rating: Total Rating: 0 | Join the Forum to Rate this Topic at: Classic Motorcycling Australia Forums  

john
Forum Moderator

Victoria

3130 Posts

Posted - 04 Nov 2004 :  10:34:17 PM  Show Profile Send john a Private Message  

The HMRAV is attending meetings with the Shire of Mitchell, State Government and the Commonwealth games committee.
There is a push to use existing festivals to promote the Commonwealth Games in 2006.
There MAY be funding available, there may be promotion of our sport as part of the Games tourism thingo. It will not be a gravy train though.
As part of the planning we need to report back to the Shire by 12 Nov. 2004 some ideas as to how we could use the Vic titles to promote the games, hook in with the Games and connect with the Sister country the Shire of Mitchell has been given, the Isle of Mann.
there ae some obvious ideas, Hold a motorbike race, try and find a bus company that may promote a visit to the races just as somebody may go to the penguins. A film carnival at night, maybe something about the Isle of Mann TT and Broadford. Any ideas are welcome and we need them by next Wednesdy 10 November. The HMRAV committee then needs to consider the ideas and decide whether to present them as part of an overall package to the Shire. So if you have any ideas please throw them on the web, if you have any idea of costs add that also.
Thanks for taking the time to read this long question.

John Daley Sidecar #68
' there are those who do, those who dont do and those who undo. We must lampoon the latter."

john
Forum Moderator

Victoria

3130 Posts

Posted - 06 Nov 2004 :  2:00:14 PM  Show Profile Send john a Private Message  

I am speaking entirely out of order here. But another committee preson had an idea about mixing Aussie Tiles and State Titles at the one meeting in the future. I am wondering what reaction would there be if Victoria put in for the Aussie Titles in 2006 and run them as part of the Commonwealth Games program concurrently with the Vic Titles in March 2006.
A suggestted program would include 3 races on Sunday with the first round the Vic. Title event and the next two the Aussie. Titles legs.
What are your thoughts?

John Daley Sidecar #68
' there are those who do, those who dont do and those who undo. We must lampoon the latter."
Go to Top of Page

Allan
Site Moderator

National

599 Posts

Posted - 07 Nov 2004 :  09:47:17 AM  Show Profile  Visit Allan's Homepage Send Allan a Private Message  

why not run the commwealth races?? at
PI oversea's people would not know what b/ford was,where. You realy need a international race track for such events!!

Allan Greening
Go to Top of Page

john
Forum Moderator

Victoria

3130 Posts

Posted - 07 Nov 2004 :  2:26:20 PM  Show Profile Send john a Private Message  

Because we run at Broadford to support the track we own.
I dont agree you need an International track, if fact many experienced people believe Broadford whilst very different from the Island has benefits of its own. Also, many people do know where the Braodford centre is and we can teach those people who dont know where Broadford is anyway.
At the end of the day its the HMRAV meeting, we support Broadford and MV and the Shire of Mitchell support us, why slap them in the face?
The Island Classic serves the Island well.

John Daley Sidecar #68
Go to Top of Page

matcho mick
Advanced Member

New South Wales

570 Posts

Posted - 09 Nov 2004 :  12:04:06 AM  Show Profile  Visit matcho mick's Homepage Send matcho mick a Private Message  

John,commonwealth races at Broadford,count me in,sounds fabatastic,imagine the scope for advertising on that name platform,roll southern classic,vic titles concepts all into one big hit,brilliant,go for it
Go to Top of Page

Alan
Forum Moderator

Western Australia

353 Posts

Posted - 09 Nov 2004 :  12:34:18 AM  Show Profile Send Alan a Private Message  

John, why not give the other states an incentive for coming and hold an "Interstate Challenge", this could be along the lines of the Oceania Cup and have a nominated number of entries from each category scoring points. Maybe you could even encourage Queensland to join in.
Go to Top of Page

john
Forum Moderator

Victoria

3130 Posts

Posted - 09 Nov 2004 :  4:46:52 PM  Show Profile Send john a Private Message  

Any ideas on how that I could pass onto the committeeplease?

John Daley Sidecar #68
Go to Top of Page

Alan
Forum Moderator

Western Australia

353 Posts

Posted - 09 Nov 2004 :  10:42:00 PM  Show Profile Send Alan a Private Message  

John,
I havent given it to much thought but I had this germ of an idea a while back for creating a major event that didnt take anything away from a National Championship meeting. Basically you just put on an open event, figure out some guidelines for point scoring and try to include as many historic classes as you can to encourage participation. For example in each class you might select 3 riders from each state where entries allow to compete using the existing points structure or one you create yourself and total the points over the weekend to end up with a Champion State. Maybe if entries are low you could vary the number accordingly, even if there were only one rider from each State it wouldnt matter as long as it was fair and equitable.
Just an idea that may or may not work but its different and who knows it could grow into something worthwhile.
If you decide to take it on board I am sure you can come up with a concept yourselves but I am more than happy to chuck in my two bobs worth.
Alan Sidecar 21 WA
Go to Top of Page

john
Forum Moderator

Victoria

3130 Posts

Posted - 10 Nov 2004 :  09:10:49 AM  Show Profile Send john a Private Message  

going back to the original question, I was floating an idea that was simply a starting point without anyknowledge of any previous concepts or proposals. It was a toe in the water, not a demand, but I can see now that since SA has asked to be considered the idea has no support. Thanks for the feedback via Email.
Do people think Alans idea has merit?

John Daley Sidecar #68
Go to Top of Page

popeye
Level 2 Member

Western Australia

187 Posts

Posted - 12 Nov 2004 :  10:15:01 PM  Show Profile Send popeye a Private Message  

John,

as per my verbal finger painting today, if the shire and MV could get together with the HMRAV to run a picnic race meeting, like turn the clock back to 1950's with period clothing, Scooter club show and shine in the paddock, ring in a couple of Kiwi's and South Africans and maybe a Pom if ya can get one to take on the locals. Getting the show to stay laid back but also carry it off professionally would be a challenge but cutting the locals into the action would help by broadening the depth of personnel to run the event, not to mention exposing the sport to a wider audience

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we're here we may as well dance
Go to Top of Page

john
Forum Moderator

Victoria

3130 Posts

Posted - 13 Nov 2004 :  09:38:36 AM  Show Profile Send john a Private Message  

I wondered about a special trophy for all those who attend with a connection to the Comm. games and the Isle of Man connection because of the Games Team Hosting system that has linked the Isle of Man to the Shire of Mitchell.
If we had nice trophies as well commemmorating these points it may be a meeting you have to attend.
But I need support and ideas to present to the committee by Thursday 18th

John Daley Sidecar #68
Go to Top of Page

john
Forum Moderator

Victoria

3130 Posts

Posted - 17 Nov 2004 :  6:33:55 PM  Show Profile Send john a Private Message  

This is the proposal we have gathered together, it has not been finalised nor agreed to by the full committee of the HMRAV because of time constraints, yet it can be altered as we get closer to the event.But comments would be welcome please.

This is the preliminary proposal
The HMRAV can shift the date of its proposed race meeting, the Victorian Historic Motorcycle Championships from 23 March 2006 to a week or so earlier to assist with the promotion of the Commonwealth games in the Shire of Mitchell at its Broadford circuit.
The meeting could include the following;
- Vintage and Veteran sidecars & motorcycles
- racing sidecars and motorcycles to 1980 competing for the Vic. Championships.
- A picnic atmosphere for the local community with people dressing in period costume from the early days to say 1970's with awards for best effort etc.
- Free admission with a ticket for the local community
- A celebration of the importance of the Isle of Man in the eyes of motorcycle racing.
- A fly past by a Tiger moth, provided by a sponsor.
- A free commemorative medallion for each competitor and local community member who registers to attend.
- Special trophies to celebrate the Titles, Comm.Games and the Isle of Man connection.
- free engine to any committee person that needs one to compete.

John Daley Sidecar #68
Go to Top of Page

Former Member
deleted

174 Posts

Posted - 18 Nov 2004 :  01:57:00 AM  

I like the last proposal

Its not what you ride,Its how fast you ride it!!!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Classic Motorcycling Australia Forums © 2000 - 2024 Go To Top Of Page
This page was put together in 0.8 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 by Classic Motorcycling Australia | Web design by: Greening Computer Services