Not registered? Then you're not seeing all there is to see. Do you want to contribute? Register now by clicking HERE!

Forums  

Advertise with us
Advertise with us

All Forums
 Classic, Historic & Post Classic Motorcycling
 Future Race Meetings
 2005 Calendar
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
  Current Topic Rating: Total Rating: 0 | Join the Forum to Rate this Topic at: Classic Motorcycling Australia Forums  

keith campbell
Level 3 Member

Victoria

248 Posts

Posted - 08 Nov 2004 :  10:17:23 PM  Show Profile Send keith campbell a Private Message  

What do I do to gain a calendar of "Classic" racing scheduled for Australia next year

David
Site Administrator

Australia

999 Posts

Posted - 08 Nov 2004 :  10:23:54 PM  Show Profile  Visit David's Homepage Send David a Private Message  

I have asked Motorcycling Australia for all events to do with Classic/Post Classic & Historic, and they said they would get each state to send me their lists, this has been going on for a while now, and I have seen some lists for this year (2004) and nothing else.

MA, could you please add this to my list I sent you earlier? (MA read this site a few times a day)

Regards,

David
Webmaster & Owner of Classic Motorcycling Australia

Quote: I thought I wanted a career, turns out I just wanted to be paid.
Go to Top of Page

trumpybob
Level 2 Member

New South Wales

29 Posts

Posted - 08 Nov 2004 :  10:32:54 PM  Show Profile Send trumpybob a Private Message  

Best of luck chaps, it would appear that M.A. is doing their best to ignore classic racing, or any road racing for that matter!

Racing is everything,the rest of the time is just waiting
Go to Top of Page

john
Forum Moderator

Victoria

3130 Posts

Posted - 08 Nov 2004 :  11:37:31 PM  Show Profile Send john a Private Message  

Invite me over for dinner or go to the You must be logged in to see this link. site for all the Vic. ones and others I have heard of.

John Daley Sidecar #68
' there are those who do, those who dont do and those who undo. We must lampoon the latter."

Edited by - john on 09 Nov 2004 12:04:58 AM
Go to Top of Page

Alan
Forum Moderator

Western Australia

353 Posts

Posted - 09 Nov 2004 :  12:30:35 AM  Show Profile Send Alan a Private Message  

As soon as the WA calendar is set I will let you know.

Alan Sidecar 21 WA
Go to Top of Page

keith campbell
Level 3 Member

Victoria

248 Posts

Posted - 09 Nov 2004 :  4:53:02 PM  Show Profile Send keith campbell a Private Message  

My reason for wanting to know is to actually be able to plan well ahead...(12 months) enabling me to negotiate a timetable with the EX for our parenting plans.
Thanks to all who can shed light on the topic Keith.
Go to Top of Page

keith campbell
Level 3 Member

Victoria

248 Posts

Posted - 22 Nov 2004 :  1:53:04 PM  Show Profile Send keith campbell a Private Message  

Can anyone add to or fill in the blanks?

JAN Island CLASSIC 28th-30th PIMS

FEB Eastern Creek FEB ?........Bob Blythe's

MARCH Vic Titles Broadford 19th-20th HMRAV

APRIL World SBK PHILIP ISLAND 1ST-3RD

APRIL Oran Park Autumn Classic ?

April...................(club?)

MAY Winton 2+4 May 28th -29th HMRAV

JUNE...................................

JULY....................................

AUGUST......NSW TITLES EASTERN CREEK.....

SEPTEMBER..............................

OCTOBER SOUTHERN CLASSIC BROADFORD 1-2 HMRAV

OCT MOTO GP PHILIP ISLAND 14-16TH

NOVEMBER TITLES BEING HELD SOMEWHERE?????????

DECEMBER MASTER OF MAC PARK??????????????

Edited by - keith campbell on 24 Nov 2004 4:29:41 PM
Go to Top of Page

popeye
Level 2 Member

Western Australia

187 Posts

Posted - 22 Nov 2004 :  8:38:11 PM  Show Profile Send popeye a Private Message  

You must be logged in to see this link.

has everything presently scheduled til mid year, the Master of Mac Park will be in October (South OZ long weekend) again.

Anyone spending the new year down our way, bring ya wheels with ya, we have scheduled a new year eve camp over and Jan 1 ride day.

We also have MSA permission to have sessions at ride days for 13-16 year olds to have a dip on any machine with road tires up to 125cc. (the kids will not be mixed with seniors and will have to do solo laps to prove competency) normal ride day requirements for machines and equipment will need to be complied with. For further information contact the club. (contacts on the website).

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we're here we may as well dance
Go to Top of Page

john
Forum Moderator

Victoria

3130 Posts

Posted - 23 Nov 2004 :  08:15:39 AM  Show Profile Send john a Private Message  

You are kidding about having Master of Mac park on the same weekend as the Southern Classic in October.

I dont know what to say other than it is unfortunate. I relise we did make it hard when we shifted our Vic Titles to March, but we have learned from that.

John Daley Sidecar #68
' there are those who do, those who dont do and those who undo. We must lampoon the latter."
Go to Top of Page

popeye
Level 2 Member

Western Australia

187 Posts

Posted - 23 Nov 2004 :  7:38:10 PM  Show Profile Send popeye a Private Message  

this is my personal perspective, gained from discussions within the club

The track surface can handle the moderns at that time of the year, there was no discernible humping or damage to the surface after this years event.

The October date is the only one we can shoot for (long weekend) to get max. numbers from Adelaide (it is a state round) and the classic/post classic contribution to the event is outwieghed by the moderns. Having it on the same weekend as a Victorian meeting is not helping that ratio but the liability to the club of running the Master in December seems to rule out a return to that date.

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we're here we may as well dance
Go to Top of Page

john
Forum Moderator

Victoria

3130 Posts

Posted - 23 Nov 2004 :  10:23:24 PM  Show Profile Send john a Private Message  

Well we lost quite a few entries to the Master of Mac park according to what we were told. The National titles did not help either.
If you run against the Southern Classic you main gain some Vic. entries but not all that would like to go, so you may not get the improvement you want anyway.
I just wonder how serious people are when they speak of improving co operation in promotion of each others meetings.

John Daley Sidecar #68
Go to Top of Page

Former Member
deleted

72 Posts

Posted - 23 Nov 2004 :  11:25:48 PM  

we chose the October SA meeting over the Southern Classic this year but i think next year we'd give Broadford a go instead.

There are those who do, those who used to do and those who never did..
why is this 3rd group always trying to convince everyone they know best?
Go to Top of Page

keith campbell
Level 3 Member

Victoria

248 Posts

Posted - 24 Nov 2004 :  4:31:31 PM  Show Profile Send keith campbell a Private Message  

IS THERE AN EASTER MEETING AT MAC PARK
Go to Top of Page

popeye
Level 2 Member

Western Australia

187 Posts

Posted - 24 Nov 2004 :  5:23:10 PM  Show Profile Send popeye a Private Message  

It is on the calendar for a road race meeting at mac park at easter, I'll post up when I have more details.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Classic Motorcycling Australia Forums © 2000 - 2024 Go To Top Of Page
This page was put together in 0.84 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 by Classic Motorcycling Australia | Web design by: Greening Computer Services