Not registered? Then you're not seeing all there is to see. Do you want to contribute? Register now by clicking HERE!

Forums  

Advertise with us
Advertise with us

All Forums
 Classic, Historic & Post Classic Motorcycling
 Future Race Meetings
 Historic Winton 2005 again
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Geoffpgrant
Level 3 Member

South Australia

204 Posts

Posted - 30 May 2005 :  9:35:52 PM  Show Profile Send Geoffpgrant a Private Message  

And let me add to the 'bouquets' for this meeting. I got home a couple of hours ago and whilst exhausted now I am still on a high from the weekend. It is not only fantastic having the combination of cars and bikes the whole atmosphere of the meeting is excellent. I now have about a dozen new friends (including a pig!!!!) and to me that epitomises meetings like this. On top of all that I got some of the best racing I have had for quite a while (thanks to all the sidecar boys not only for putting in but for being such friendly people). And to John, your handicapping effort was pretty good - well done. I am already looking forward to next year.
Cheers
Geoff
Sidecar #30
Go to Top of Page

john
Forum Moderator

Victoria

3130 Posts

Posted - 31 May 2005 :  07:05:49 AM  Show Profile Send john a Private Message  

Firstly a SPECIAL THANKS to all who partook of the Parade Lap it was important to us to get a good showing having argued to get the extra time. I was very pleased to see the response, it was fantastic.

I can say from the other side of the fence that apart from a silly boy who chose to ignore a black flag things went well. But I am amazed at the amount of work we expect from partners to ensure the event actually happens. Gridding up by hand because people go out in the wromg practise, handicapping with blokes who did not come the day before it is interesting.

The basis of the change this year,was, big fields of safe racing.
I think the experiment with Saturdays program was a success but I now see we need to separate the Vintage Class C from the Forgotten Era machines.
A great solution to that will be to boost the Post Classic and Forgotten Era fields so each filed is big and that will need riders to hassle their mates.
The sidecars still need encouragement and we did get two new ones this weekend but the fields need growth to survive.
Any feedback is most welcome

John Daley Sidecar #68
' there are those who do, those who dont do and those who undo. We must lampoon the latter."

Edited by - john on 31 May 2005 09:48:58 AM
Go to Top of Page

Ben
Honda CB350 Racers Promotion - Moderator

Victoria

288 Posts

Posted - 31 May 2005 :  10:38:30 AM  Show Profile Send Ben a Private Message  

One more thing......... (I never shut up..)

In order to generate more interest in the motorcycles as pieces of history, I think the motorcyclists could take a leaf out of the car driver’s book. It would be great to see information boards at each pit letting the spectators know the model, general specs (bore/stroke/comp ratio/fuel used/carb type size etc without giving toooo many secrets away!) and history/pictures if appropriate.
I believe that allot of the people attending meets are there not only for the racing, but to experience the machines. Knowledge of the bikes would greatly generate/spur further interest in my view. I heard many people wandering around the pits expressing interest but saying things like "wow, that’s an amazing bike, what is it?" then walking away no better off than before in terms of knowing what they are looking at. Often, people do not want to interrupt the riders for info and I think this would be a great, non-intrusive approach to providing valuable info.

I am happy to donate my time to put some sheets together electronically for people who would like to/have the information to, but don’t have the computer skills to take it on.

Try Everything
Go to Top of Page

john
Forum Moderator

Victoria

3130 Posts

Posted - 31 May 2005 :  12:27:33 PM  Show Profile Send john a Private Message  

Thanks Ben
can you draft a letter to the newsletter of the HMRAV asking for info about each machine. I will also put you in Touch with Richard Frank who has heaps of knowledge. Maybe draft a sample of the display with some details about how we can print / laminate them. We will also need to think about how we can display the sign.
Also is there some way we can keep all this data in some way that we can re print with ease in the future?
Thanks for a great idea?

John Daley Sidecar #68
' there are those who do, those who dont do and those who undo. We must lampoon the latter."
Go to Top of Page

Ben
Honda CB350 Racers Promotion - Moderator

Victoria

288 Posts

Posted - 31 May 2005 :  1:44:15 PM  Show Profile Send Ben a Private Message  

No worries John! Happy to help out where I can (I am slow enough actually getting my bike out, so may as well do other stuff!). I'll draft the letter and try have a template done prior to the next newsletter. When I am working on them I'll keep them on my PC and on a back CD, but when complete, I would send you a CD or two with all sheets so they can be kept all together. If we make them a standard format (A3/A4) they will be easy to reproduce/laminate.

Try Everything
Go to Top of Page

racer7
Level 2 Member

67 Posts

Posted - 31 May 2005 :  9:22:45 PM  Show Profile Send racer7 a Private Message  

Ah, so 'youse' are having fun! Without me you *ankers!
Yeah, this is what us guys are all about! I saw a Sticker today that said "Serious at the front - Party at the back!"
I like that!
racer7
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Classic Motorcycling Australia Forums © 2000 - 2024 Go To Top Of Page
This page was put together in 0.75 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 by Classic Motorcycling Australia | Web design by: Greening Computer Services