Not registered? Then you're not seeing all there is to see. Do you want to contribute? Register now by clicking HERE!

Forums  

Advertise with us
Advertise with us

All Forums
 Classic, Historic & Post Classic Motorcycling
 Future Race Meetings
 2005 Mac Park Old Farts 14th & 15th May 2005
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
  Current Topic Rating: Total Rating: 0 | Join the Forum to Rate this Topic at: Classic Motorcycling Australia Forums  

David
Site Administrator

Australia

999 Posts

Posted - 14 Apr 2005 :  10:13:29 PM  Show Profile  Visit David's Homepage Send David a Private Message  

The 2005 Mac Park Old Farts Entry Form & Supp regulations are available from the You must be logged in to see this link. in the left menu. The 2005 Mac Park Old Farts Entry Form is available from the Application Forms area while the 2005 Mac Park Old Farts Sup Regs are available from the Supp Regulations area.

The race is on the 14th & 15th May 2005 so you better be quick.

Regards,

David
Webmaster & Owner of Classic Motorcycling Australia

Quote: I thought I wanted a career, turns out I just wanted to be paid.

Former Member
deleted

4 Posts

Posted - 16 May 2005 :  11:06:19 PM  

Hi David, Wow been awhile since i have posted here but do pop in time to time, anyhow good weekend at Mac Park and i have all the pics on my website now if anyone wants to looks.
Go to www.bbj.smugmug.com

Suddenly, The thought of getting Old isnt scary anymore!!
Go to Top of Page

popeye
Level 2 Member

Western Australia

187 Posts

Posted - 17 May 2005 :  10:37:31 PM  Show Profile Send popeye a Private Message  

Meeting was a screaming success, maybe the rest of the world should come over and see how it is done without stressing anyone out. Great to see over half the 100+ bikes were pre "62". Where else could you run a 1912 triumph and not have anyone get peeved cos it's too slow.
It was worth it just for the look on Russ Craddock's face when he pulled in after taking his triumph twin to a win.
Great to catch up with Matcho Mick, Dave and the boys from Denny.........

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we're here we may as well dance
Go to Top of Page

matcho mick
Advanced Member

New South Wales

570 Posts

Posted - 18 May 2005 :  11:46:08 PM  Show Profile  Visit matcho mick's Homepage Send matcho mick a Private Message  

only screaming i heard was in my helmet ,tried outside pass on 5 guys going into the essses coming onto back straight,was really nice of them to then wait for me to come back onto track before proceeding ,what can i say,top track,top company,(top reds eh Bruped?),some really nice bikes,(well ok Max's EML's weird ), 22hrs driving time, down the "scenic" route,(nothing scenic about Hay plains at midnite but),really opened my eyes to the plight of inland farmers,saw some pretty sad farmsites!!,of course it's been pissin down up here at home since i got back,(perverse country we live in?)so John heres a good idea,national old farts series,i'd like to see that!!
Go to Top of Page

Geoffpgrant
Level 3 Member

South Australia

204 Posts

Posted - 19 May 2005 :  12:13:39 AM  Show Profile Send Geoffpgrant a Private Message  

Yeh, dunno what it is about us Old Farts but there is something in it. We struggle to get a field of sidecars anywhere but then all of a sudden 10 of them roll up at the Old Farts - maybe Macho Mick is onto something with a national old farts meeting...
But seriously the Old Farts was well organised, we got lots of races (5 sidecar races in 2 days!) and it did not cost an arm and a leg to race. This was my third one and each time I have had a ball.
If you are old enough, get there next year.
Geoff
Sidecar #30
Go to Top of Page

popeye
Level 2 Member

Western Australia

187 Posts

Posted - 19 May 2005 :  09:34:50 AM  Show Profile Send popeye a Private Message  

getting any other club to run a break even or just over the line event for over 100 competitors and keep entry fees down........
...........I'd like to see that.......we can do it because we have a committed group of people backed up by the best
competitors (dont have to look far for help or advice)........... have a birthday, forge a birth certificate, hock the children........ just get here for next year and make it even better.

Our personal thanks to all the bar patrons who made Cath's job such a pleasure, Dave for sussing out the fridge and all the bods who helped where and when needed.

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we're here we may as well dance
Go to Top of Page

David
Site Administrator

Australia

999 Posts

Posted - 20 May 2005 :  12:47:42 PM  Show Profile  Visit David's Homepage Send David a Private Message  

Race Results and Report are up on the You must be logged in to see this link. as supplied from Phil McGee.

Great stuff Phil, thanks for the results.

Regards,

David
Webmaster & Owner of Classic Motorcycling Australia

Quote: I thought I wanted a career, turns out I just wanted to be paid.
Go to Top of Page

john
Forum Moderator

Victoria

3130 Posts

Posted - 21 May 2005 :  12:50:50 PM  Show Profile Send john a Private Message  

Ok I hear about this meeting usually too late to do anything. So can we improve apon that?
I would be happy to try and put up an Old Farts meeting concept to my club. How do you run it, are there supp regs or meeting details to be had in electronic form please?
I could get some poster designed for it, possibly get some promotion moullah Broadford may lend itself to this style of meeting

John Daley Sidecar #68
' there are those who do, those who dont do and those who undo. We must lampoon the latter."

Edited by - john on 23 May 2005 07:41:31 AM
Go to Top of Page

popeye
Level 2 Member

Western Australia

187 Posts

Posted - 21 May 2005 :  11:41:17 PM  Show Profile Send popeye a Private Message  

You must be logged in to see this link.

is the document, as for further information, Contacting the Club President may provide more in depth information.

As to no info, I refer you to David's post of 14 April which started this thread.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Classic Motorcycling Australia Forums © 2000 - 2024 Go To Top Of Page
This page was put together in 0.86 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 by Classic Motorcycling Australia | Web design by: Greening Computer Services