Not registered? Then you're not seeing all there is to see. Do you want to contribute? Register now by clicking HERE!

Forums  

Advertise with us
Advertise with us

All Forums
 Classic, Historic & Post Classic Motorcycling
 Future Race Meetings
 new racing track
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
  Current Topic Rating: Total Rating: 0 | Join the Forum to Rate this Topic at: Classic Motorcycling Australia Forums  

Former Member
deleted

21 Posts

Posted - 06 Feb 2005 :  5:36:11 PM  

the historical racing car club Queensland had an open day at the site of the new circuit ,Kilcoy today its going to be fantastic quite hilly and the lap is going to be just over a 3 ks long , we where told its going to have motorcycle racing so heres hoping.

steve
Level 2 Member

Queensland

86 Posts

Posted - 06 Feb 2005 :  10:39:49 PM  Show Profile Send steve a Private Message  

Hi Andrew
Steve here, have they laid any black stuff yet or still pegs in the ground or just a wave of the arm over there somewhere????
I throught that all race clubs were to have some sort of input so we don't end up with a Willowbank type track suited for V8 supercars "seeing that a car club "again" is working this all out for themselves" Im a bit sus about the car clubs when it comes to building new tracks!!! as Warwick "Morgan Parks" comes to mind you know the one 4.5klms track but we ride on the 1.2klms gokart track & MA & MAQ were never asked if it suited the danger factor for bikes, so we the bike riders got screwed again because the track owner won't change something like a corner & just move that tower over there & that cutting & &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& so MA & MAQ won't approve the 3klm section for bikes "A BIT CRITICAL" but is this happening again when car people only look after car people when it comes down to it.
Steve Queensland
Go to Top of Page

Former Member
deleted

21 Posts

Posted - 07 Feb 2005 :  9:36:20 PM  

Hi steve
All I can say is I was standing next to a couple of guys who had the aerial photos and topographical maps with the track completely drawn up , and they were discussing the changes which need to be made for motorcycling with a motorcycle offical , its going to be really hilly and the track will encircle a fairly large dam.
As you may know the v8 supercar driver Craig lownes lives in Kilcoy and there was an article in the local paper saying he's going to do something with track and v8s , the local pub is actually expanding its accommodation to take advantage of the expected increase of visitors to our town due to the track ,
Go to Top of Page

steve
Level 2 Member

Queensland

86 Posts

Posted - 09 Feb 2005 :  4:31:37 PM  Show Profile Send steve a Private Message  

Hi Andrew
Yes I heard the reports on the Tuesday nights meeting. Burt S. has the lap record there 10minutes 16sec big track?? NO
no black stuff!!
But he managed to cut 6minutes of his 1st lap & that was on his Truimph twin 58 I think his only comment was if a 4WD can get around it a bike can so he has the lap record till this date he he.
I know Craig moved up there but to my understanding Well it was told to the club meeting from the movers & shakers no V8 supercars no truck racing
It was for non "Pro" racers!! now everythings been approved & the Craigs are asking were are the pits bays going??
I throught it was going to be the best track around & the pit sheds & other things came later just a "race track" & work on things later!! Other point was made as the Historic car fellows had to pay big money ($3000)each to race at same meeting as the V8s & any hold up which were all the time the Historic fellow got wiped thanks for the money but you cannot race!! there,s not enough time see you. I not sure but I throught this is what got the ball rolling. I'm still sus & I hope I'm wrong but time will tell, fingers crossed.
Steve
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Classic Motorcycling Australia Forums © 2000 - 2024 Go To Top Of Page
This page was put together in 0.75 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 by Classic Motorcycling Australia | Web design by: Greening Computer Services