Not registered? Then you're not seeing all there is to see. Do you want to contribute? Register now by clicking HERE!

Forums  

Advertise with Classic Motorcycling Australia
Advertise with Classic Motorcycling Australia

All Forums
 Classic, Historic & Post Classic Motorcycling
 Future Race Meetings
 2005 Aus Classic Titles announced
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
  Current Topic Rating: Total Rating: 0 | Join the Forum to Rate this Topic at: Classic Motorcycling Australia Forums  

David
Site Administrator

Australia

999 Posts

Posted - 16 Feb 2005 :  11:14:23 AM  Show Profile  Visit David's Homepage Send David a Private Message  

Hello,

Today I was informed by MA that Tasmania will hold the 2005 Championships on 25/26/27 November 2005. MA are doing a final inspection on the circuits of Baskerville and Symmons Plains to work out with circuit will hold the titles.

So now we have an offical word from MA on what happening, lets start to promoting it.

Regards,

David
Webmaster & Owner of Classic Motorcycling Australia

Quote: I thought I wanted a career, turns out I just wanted to be paid.

john
Forum Moderator

Victoria

3130 Posts

Posted - 16 Feb 2005 :  4:31:03 PM  Show Profile Send john a Private Message  

Martin Hone sent this message to me, "One would hope that as part of awarding the Titles to Tassie, that they would seek a deal with Tassie Tourism and /or the TT Line for a package to get us mainlanders over there. It has happended in the past..."

BUT an important tool in gaining any rebates would be to play the tag game of we are thinking about..... running the champs , How can you assist?

John Daley Sidecar #68
' there are those who do, those who dont do and those who undo. We must lampoon the latter."
Go to Top of Page

john
Forum Moderator

Victoria

3130 Posts

Posted - 16 Feb 2005 :  4:43:07 PM  Show Profile Send john a Private Message  

Would people be interested in getting a shipping container full of bikes? I have property it could be loaded perhaps in Bendigo but others may have something closer. Remember it costs a lot to get a trailer on the ferry, so plan to not use one to save heaps.

John Daley Sidecar #68
' there are those who do, those who dont do and those who undo. We must lampoon the latter."
Go to Top of Page

john
Forum Moderator

Victoria

3130 Posts

Posted - 16 Feb 2005 :  4:54:03 PM  Show Profile Send john a Private Message  

Full details are here; You must be logged in to see this link.

Currently it would cost $320 return for a vehicle and trailer. Or $10 for a 5m long car only with your fare
Plus your fare one way of about $99 - 173 in the non - deluxe range.
They do have packages for 15 adults or more.

John Daley Sidecar #68

Edited by - john on 16 Feb 2005 4:59:53 PM
Go to Top of Page

Alan
Forum Moderator

Western Australia

353 Posts

Posted - 16 Feb 2005 :  8:23:57 PM  Show Profile Send Alan a Private Message  

Finally we know what is happening and when now it is up to us to ensure that this meeting is a success after last years effort.
There were comments made at the Island Classic that Historic Racing didnt justify a National Championship by MAs President Ron Kivovitch.With this in mind it is up to all of us to promote and attend this meeting to show that we are prepared to support our chosen sport and that we do deserve the recognition that only a National Championship can provide.
We will support it from WA as we usually do and sincerely hope that the rest of the country does as well. What we need to bear in mind is that there is no local competitor base to draw from so almost without exception we will all have to travel. It is quite normal for 50% or more entries to be from the host state, this will not happen in Tasmania.
I assume that most states have a travel grant arrangement for National events and as a suggestion we made an approach last year to MWA to provide the travel grant in a lump sum to our club and we as a club also made a significant contribution which was all put towards the cost of a container to Winton. This reduced the cost enormously for individuals and I encourage all clubs to do something similar to assist their members in supporting this event.

Alan Sidecar 21 WA
Go to Top of Page

john
Forum Moderator

Victoria

3130 Posts

Posted - 17 Feb 2005 :  11:52:37 AM  Show Profile Send john a Private Message  

"Purity must be achieved by an indivisible unity of method and wisdom", if we remember this point we should get a great meeting.

John Daley Sidecar #68
Go to Top of Page

David
Site Administrator

Australia

999 Posts

Posted - 18 Feb 2005 :  7:22:22 PM  Show Profile  Visit David's Homepage Send David a Private Message  

I would avoid using the Spirit of Tasmania as I have had the worst time with them lately, and the delays were horrible. Then they had the balls to say it was my fault for their delays in finding a key to a car that they parked behind the truck I was driving.

I would suggest the container and then get a flight from one of the airlines, I am sure they can do a great deal for a large group. I mean if people can fly from Sydney to Mackay in QLD for $49.00 1 way, then they can do a great deal from Melbourne to Hobart or even to the other airport they have.

Should I approach an airline and see what they can do for a group of riders to go? If you think it would be a good idea, let me know by either replying to this, or use the online contact form.

Regards,

David

Go to Top of Page

Alan
Forum Moderator

Western Australia

353 Posts

Posted - 19 Feb 2005 :  01:15:02 AM  Show Profile Send Alan a Private Message  

David , It might be a good idea for one person to try for group travel from each state and basically try to get the country coordinated as a group and maybe gaining discounts that way.

Alan Sidecar 21 WA
Go to Top of Page

john
Forum Moderator

Victoria

3130 Posts

Posted - 19 Feb 2005 :  08:40:22 AM  Show Profile Send john a Private Message  

Maybe keep in touch with the Tassy club also, or at least check if they want involvement in the transport planning.

Ps could hire one of those Russian pay loaders and just ride all the machines in the front, use a few occy straps and we could be off real quick!

John Daley Sidecar #68

Edited by - john on 20 Feb 2005 5:01:36 PM
Go to Top of Page

Allan
Site Moderator

National

599 Posts

Posted - 19 Feb 2005 :  11:46:19 AM  Show Profile  Visit Allan's Homepage Send Allan a Private Message  

Just one Q is ma tas or a local club running the 2k5 his titles ,or one of the local clubs. It may pay to find out, to see, if they are planning any cheep transport from the main land to the Island??

Allan Greening
Go to Top of Page

David
Site Administrator

Australia

999 Posts

Posted - 22 Feb 2005 :  07:32:01 AM  Show Profile  Visit David's Homepage Send David a Private Message  

As quoted by MA after asking them for an update on which circuit and who will be running the titles:
quote:
The inspection was only carried out at the weekend, and we have to wait for the written report.

This meeting will not be run by MA, but either by MTAS or one of their clubs.
It appears that not even Tassy knows who is running the meeting. So the more we start promoting it now, the better it is.

Regards,

David

Go to Top of Page

john
Forum Moderator

Victoria

3130 Posts

Posted - 22 Feb 2005 :  10:52:17 PM  Show Profile Send john a Private Message  

the Vic. Historic management Committee decided today to offer their resources to the club in Tassy. We have considerable experience and contacts which may be able to be transferred to Tassy.
Can we be put in contact with the organising club please?

John Daley Sidecar #68
Go to Top of Page

john
Forum Moderator

Victoria

3130 Posts

Posted - 23 Feb 2005 :  5:31:01 PM  Show Profile Send john a Private Message  

By chance today I recieved Touring Event Grant Program from the tassy Govt.
If we have an event with at least 30 people staying at least 4 nights, we can apply for a grant. The site for more info is You must be logged in to see this link.
Grants range from $500 - 5000 and any application must be in by May 30 2004, for any event in 2005.
Now I know its too late for this National Titles, But there may be something else available.
Perhaps somebody is interested to take this on board and follow it up.

John Daley Sidecar #68
Go to Top of Page

Former Member
deleted

48 Posts

Posted - 23 Feb 2005 :  10:50:36 PM  

Looking at the site Tasmania has an ongoing National Championship grant available throughout the year through their office of Sport and Recreation. The organiser should apply, details available in March. Looking at some of the previous grants the amounts are only $2000.

The Territory Government, through our Sport and Recreation, provide travel assistance for us to compete in various State and National Championships so it might pay for you to check your respective Governments for something similar.
Go to Top of Page

David
Site Administrator

Australia

999 Posts

Posted - 17 Mar 2005 :  9:16:35 PM  Show Profile  Visit David's Homepage Send David a Private Message  

Come on MA, it has been more than 4 weeks since I was informed by your office that Tasmania was going to hold the 2005 titles, but you where not sure on which circuit it was going to be at as you where waiting on the track reports.

Well which track is it going to be at, or was it all lies? I have tried to do the right thing and have held off, but 4 weeks is long enough after telling this site that Tasmania was going to hold them.

People need to make arrangements and all that sort of crap if it is going to be successful, or is this just another way to kill the sport further.

The last e-mail I had from MA on this event was on the 21st Feb 2005 and nothing more on the event since.

I am trying to get an answer for the readers of this site and not even the people who think this site is a great tool for the sport are letting anything up to anyone. Real killer this lack of communication MA.

A simple Baskerville or Symmons Plains will do. It will help more than you obviously think it will MA. Notice I have been quite on who has been e-mailing me about this stuff. All I am saying is that it is MA. Get the hint yet?

Regards,

David

Go to Top of Page

john
Forum Moderator

Victoria

3130 Posts

Posted - 17 Mar 2005 :  11:13:19 PM  Show Profile Send john a Private Message  

I have heard there are some issues to be resolved such as grants being available for one track but not the other, track safety and upgrades required. Just give it vsome time, none of us really plan too far ahead anyway and since Tassie is set up for visitors accommodation should not be a problem.

John Daley Sidecar #68
Go to Top of Page

Alan
Forum Moderator

Western Australia

353 Posts

Posted - 21 Mar 2005 :  12:16:28 AM  Show Profile Send Alan a Private Message  

John, you might not plan too far ahead but I can assure you that we in WA do, maybe thats because we nearly always have to travel and with transport costs being so high we try to obtain the best price and that is hard to do at short notice. We already have quotes in place for shipping a container and I can assure you that it is two and a half times more expensive that last years cost to attend Winton. It is very important that the date and venue for major events are set early especially when it is likely to be in Tasmania or similar. The current MA protocol for National Championships is for interested parties to apply a year in advance, this is obviously to give everyone organisers and competitors alike to to be able to plan and make a success of each event. To be in a position of not knowing at this stage can only be detrimental to this event. I am regularly in touch with various people around the country and the feed back I am getting is that this years Nationals are looking to hard and they might hold off for the Island Classic which is fast looking like a defacto Championship meeting. Maybe thats the plan or am I maybe being a little cynical.

Alan Sidecar 21 WA
Go to Top of Page

john
Forum Moderator

Victoria

3130 Posts

Posted - 21 Mar 2005 :  08:19:57 AM  Show Profile Send john a Private Message  

point taken.

John Daley Sidecar #68
Go to Top of Page

David
Site Administrator

Australia

999 Posts

Posted - 28 Jul 2005 :  5:38:57 PM  Show Profile  Visit David's Homepage Send David a Private Message  

As supplied from MA:
quote:

For immediate release
July 28, 2005

Hello all,

Entries are now open for the 2005 Australian Historic Road Race Championship, which will be held at the revamped Symmons Plains Raceway, near Launceston (Tas), from November 25-27.

As usual, machines from Period 1 (up to 1919) up to Period 5 (1973-80) will be afforded championship status, while support classes will also be held for Formula 700 (526-700cc) and Formula 750 (526-750cc) competitors.

Meanwhile, capital works are currently in full swing to elevate Symmons Plains to a standard suitable for motorcycle racing, which will include the positioning of Airfence at the Turn Four hairpin.

For more information on the championship, contact Janine, tel (03) 6428 7077. For more information on travel and accommodation during the event, contact Garry Ranson at “Tasmania’s Temptations”, tel (03) 6336 3242, or email garry.ranson@tourism.tas.gov.au.

-ENDS-

Mark Fattore
Media Manager
Motorcycling Australia
147 Montague Street (PO Box 134)
South Melbourne, Vic 3205
Tel: +61 (0)3 9684 0503
Mobile: +61 (0)400 055 077

Want to be updated on all things motorcycling? Then subscribe to the MA newsletter at You must be logged in to see this link.

Download Supp Reg: You must be logged in to see this link.
74.14 KB

Regards,

David

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Classic Motorcycling Australia Forums © 2000 - 2024 Go To Top Of Page
This page was put together in 0.95 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 by Classic Motorcycling Australia | Web design by: Greening Computer Services