Not registered? Then you're not seeing all there is to see. Do you want to contribute? Register now by clicking HERE!

Forums  

Advertise with Classic Motorcycling Australia
Advertise with Classic Motorcycling Australia

All Forums
 Classic, Historic & Post Classic Motorcycling
 Future Race Meetings
 Ride Days at Broadford
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
  Current Topic Rating: Total Rating: 0 | Join the Forum to Rate this Topic at: Classic Motorcycling Australia Forums  

keith campbell
Level 3 Member

Victoria

248 Posts

Posted - 14 Nov 2003 :  11:20:39 AM  Show Profile Send keith campbell a Private Message  

Just supposing! The coffers at HMRAV.What is possible regarding ride days currently at Broadford also including afternoon "racing" where over 3-4 rounds with point scores no trophies excepting end of year presentation taking place?
I reiterate that i have no experience here but am only posing ideas that pop into my head.With current cost of Licence fees proving a sore point for more than a few riders could the club consider holding such "meetings" for club members or anyone wanting to have a go at a reasonable cost "club" day a couple of times a year only requiring a one event licence (or perhaps a four event licence at a lesser rate overall to encourage entries).
I had a great day at Broadford where the club provided a sausage sizzle at end of day recently and although crowd was limited showed plenty of potential.
consider these 1: Broadford is very convenient
2: M.V.have the ability to help promote racing ($$$$$)
whether or not they spend is a different proposition though....
3: The local Shire and community were helpful and involved recently, if successful why would they not want to become involved again?
4: Swap Meets could be available again (hey if you want to sell stuff show it off)
5: All previous merchandise unsold can be "discounted"
I am running out of time now but i am certain the list goes ON & ON .

I PUT THIS ON THIS SITE ONLY FOR COMMENT BUT "YOU NEVER NEVER KNOW"
Cheers Keith.....

john
Forum Moderator

Victoria

3130 Posts

Posted - 14 Nov 2003 :  1:03:11 PM  Show Profile Send john a Private Message  

There has been comment about a one day club event. currently we have been busy with other meetings and admin stuff. But there is support and maybe in the new year we can followup with it. Possibly a sub committee with some extra people to specifically look after that meeting may be the way to go.
The other problem we have noted is there are some complaining about too many meetings. But perhaps something with particular periods could be worked out. Dont forget as soon as a meeting becomes a race there are a lot of extra costs. But if such a meeting was help on a weekday the costs are lower, maybe a public holiday. Officials may be hard to get though. Lets keep looking.

John Daley Sidecar #68
' there are those who do, those who dont do and those who undo. We must lampoon the latter."
Go to Top of Page

keith campbell
Level 3 Member

Victoria

248 Posts

Posted - 14 Nov 2003 :  6:39:40 PM  Show Profile Send keith campbell a Private Message  

Thanks for your comments John. I appreciate there is a lot on the plate with current happenings.I will talk with you further when the silly season has passed.....whenever that is.
Go to Top of Page

Ben
Honda CB350 Racers Promotion - Moderator

Victoria

288 Posts

Posted - 29 Jul 2005 :  4:57:12 PM  Show Profile Send Ben a Private Message  

I just found this thread. Has there been anymore progress on getting "club racing" days happening? maybe one every two months or so? Maybe on a Sunday, after a Saturday track day. Would be good for those travelling. I for one would love to get involved in this "micro" scene as I (like others I suspect) would like more opportunities to practice before racing with the big boys. (AKA, Southern Classic, PI Classic Winton etc etc). I think the club scene would be very rewarding.

Try Everything
Go to Top of Page

john
Forum Moderator

Victoria

3130 Posts

Posted - 30 Jul 2005 :  11:50:23 AM  Show Profile Send john a Private Message  

I am happy to get the outfit out against the solo bikes.
The idea needs development;
- What classes would you run?
- Would you mix them up?
- Timing would be out of the question based simply on costs.
As soon as you race we need a Steward, Clerk of course.
How could we manage that part?
Keep thinking please.

John Daley Sidecar #68
' there are those who do, those who dont do and those who undo. We must lampoon the latter."
Go to Top of Page

Alan
Forum Moderator

Western Australia

353 Posts

Posted - 30 Jul 2005 :  9:55:15 PM  Show Profile Send Alan a Private Message  

John, One thing you all seem to be missing is that you can use a one event licence at interclub days, you just have to name the clubs on the permit application and there is a limit on how many clubs can be named, cant remember what it is though. Including more clubs might help with the officials problem, thats if you can work together, we do over here in the west but then again we are something special. I like the idea of weekday meets but it also assumes people can get time off work etc. Maybe you could do something in the warmer months by holding a twilight meeting seeing as you have the advantage of day light saving. One day WA will wake up and see the advantages of daylight saving but thats a subject for elsewhere.
Good luck and keep the ideas flowing they help us all by stimulating the few brain cells left in some of us.

Alan Sidecar 21 WA
Go to Top of Page

john
Forum Moderator

Victoria

3130 Posts

Posted - 02 Aug 2005 :  1:14:31 PM  Show Profile Send john a Private Message  

We can work with other clubs, no problem.
Its not a matter of being special its a matter of getting the numbers to cover the;
Track Hire- $3500
Ambo - $250
Permit - $ approx 700
Officials costs - $$1000 tops
But we do have interclub events now to which any sidecar can turn up to.
Still lets work on the idea, we really need the machines there.

John Daley Sidecar #68
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Classic Motorcycling Australia Forums © 2000 - 2024 Go To Top Of Page
This page was put together in 1.41 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 by Classic Motorcycling Australia | Web design by: Greening Computer Services