Not registered? Then you're not seeing all there is to see. Do you want to contribute? Register now by clicking HERE!

Forums  

Advertise with us
Advertise with us

All Forums
 Promotion Area of Historic/Classic/Post Classic
 Future Race Meetings
 Mt tarrengowwer Hill Climb 2005
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
  Current Topic Rating: Total Rating: 0 | Join the Forum to Rate this Topic at: Classic Motorcycling Australia Forums  

john
Forum Moderator

Victoria

3130 Posts

Posted - 24 Apr 2005 :  11:19:39 PM  Show Profile Send john a Private Message  

Planned for 22 / 23 Oct 2005

John Daley Sidecar #68
' there are those who do, those who dont do and those who undo. We must lampoon the latter."

Atlas
Level 1 Member

Victoria

3 Posts

Posted - 04 Jun 2005 :  04:47:47 AM  Show Profile Send Atlas a Private Message  

I heard there will be no Mt Tarrengower this year. Due to a $10,000 short fall for the armco that is now required.

Atlas
Go to Top of Page

john
Forum Moderator

Victoria

3130 Posts

Posted - 04 Jun 2005 :  1:39:21 PM  Show Profile Send john a Private Message  

Frigging hell!
These damned rumours do more damage than all the disagreements with mA or between club mmebers.
Why didn't you sent me a private message and ask for verification before dumping this one. past experinec tells me that the rumour will be hard to dispell.
THE FACTS
Currently there is no requirement above and beyond the efforts taken last year.
I have just asked the committee if they have heard anything, via email, and I will report back here.

But Geez check with the group responsible before dumping this sort of stuff out there please.

John Daley Sidecar #68
' there are those who do, those who dont do and those who undo. We must lampoon the latter."
Go to Top of Page

john
Forum Moderator

Victoria

3130 Posts

Posted - 06 Jun 2005 :  9:16:36 PM  Show Profile Send john a Private Message  

I have had a responce from the Mt tarrengower Hill Climb group
"Hi John, sorry not to have informed you of this but assumed you had enough to do without worrying about track upgrades.
Yes CAMS have requested that the promotors upgrade the Armco on 2 corners.
We have this all under control and the event WILL GO AHEAD this year.
I have been working hard to secure external sponsorships to cover the costs of upgrades and the Hillclinb committee is working with CAMS to ensure the event goes ahead.
Money is coming in for the works, and I have secured a verbal agreement from Vicroads to supply us with useable second-hand Armco.
How is our application for a permit going?
I reckon we shoud aim to get out the supregs a month earlier this year to attract more entries and thus give more entry fees back to the club.
I am speaking at a meeting of the Bendigo Historic Motorcycle Club in 3 weeks about the hillclimb and would like to be able to offer them the opportunity to enter as Classic non-competition bikes (no logbooks), if they join HMRAV and take out a 1 Day licence..........".

I can say we have negoitiated an concept where we can have Red Plated bikes operating separately from the Historic but they all must be within the 1972 cut off point and meet normal safety issues. We will need some scrutineers to volunter to help and others to help as flaggies and officials.
I ask if you want to compete can you help with the planning or provision of officials. I will not be there to help.

John Daley Sidecar #68
Go to Top of Page

Geoffpgrant
Level 3 Member

South Australia

204 Posts

Posted - 06 Jun 2005 :  11:38:42 PM  Show Profile Send Geoffpgrant a Private Message  

For those of us who have never experienced Mt Tarrengower can you please post the details of it.
When is it?
What is it like? - maybe a brief description of the track.
And what runs there? Sidecars?
Any info you can post here will help get entries.
Cheers
Geoff
Sidecar #30
Go to Top of Page

john
Forum Moderator

Victoria

3130 Posts

Posted - 07 Jun 2005 :  1:29:21 PM  Show Profile Send john a Private Message  

DETAILS
The Historic Motorcycle Racing Association Of Vic. Inc. HMRAV], hereafter called the PROMOTER will conduct the Mt Tarrengower Hill Climb at the above listed circuit, on 22 and 23 October 2005. For Historic solo and sidecars up to 1972. Also road registered and red plated machines no younger than 1972 also.
The circuit is not for the feint hearted and we reserve the right to exclude machines we feel will have too high terminal speeds. The event celebrates and earlier range of vehicles and we are stuck with the 1972 cutoff simply because of our classifications. In reality a big bore Honda CB750 would not be welcome at this circuit and it would not be a pleasant machine to ride at Mt Tarrengower anyway. The Steward has the right to exclude machines they belive are unsuitable.
It is 1.5km long and rises 400m. Camping is available at the place and the Township of Maldon, near Castlemaine is nearby.

John Daley Sidecar #68

Edited by - john on 17 Sep 2005 11:37:01 PM
Go to Top of Page

Alan
Forum Moderator

Western Australia

353 Posts

Posted - 07 Jun 2005 :  9:05:09 PM  Show Profile Send Alan a Private Message  

Pity you couldnt have made it the weekend following the Southern Classic it would have been worth staying over an extra week to have an extra ride.

Alan Sidecar 21 WA
Go to Top of Page

john
Forum Moderator

Victoria

3130 Posts

Posted - 07 Jun 2005 :  10:30:30 PM  Show Profile Send john a Private Message  

Actually we have nothing to do with the booking of the date. The local Car club and Shire pick thatwe are invited to attend their activity. But in reality many are happy with the split, we get to do the lawns between the events.

John Daley Sidecar #68
Go to Top of Page

Atlas
Level 1 Member

Victoria

3 Posts

Posted - 11 Jun 2005 :  11:44:52 PM  Show Profile Send Atlas a Private Message  

Sorry about the upset John, But at the time it wasn't a rumour as I was Initialy told by Dave a few mounths ago that it might not happen. But then a couple of weeks ago it was all over the the news in the Bendigo media statimg that it was canceled.
Anyway I'm gald to here that all is OK. I will be there again this year to see if I can win 3 years in a row.
I look forward to this event because it is an easy one, all over in about 48 seconds and close to home.
We usualy get 2-3 practice runs Saturday then best out of 3 runs Sunday, no stress a bit of waiting around while the cars go up but there great to watch.
Over all its a good weekend.

Atlas
Go to Top of Page

yamaman
Level 2 Member

Western Australia

44 Posts

Posted - 12 Jun 2005 :  01:36:06 AM  Show Profile Send yamaman a Private Message  

quote:
Originally posted by john

Actually we have nothing to do with the booking of the date. The local Car club and Shire pick thatwe are invited to attend their activity. But in reality many are happy with the split, we get to do the lawns between the events.

It's easy to say that, living on the east coast John. But, as I'm sure you are aware, travel to and from the west coast can be dearer than a one way trip around the world! The best I ever got it was 1996, we were able to go to the GP at Eastern Creek, followed by the superbikes at Philip Island the next week. Absolutly awesome week, with a ride from Sydney to Melbourne to fill the week with! Thats never happened since. Would be great to have, say an event in Vic followed the following week in SA or NSW, a little more incentive for the trip!
Bugger the lawns!

Beer makes you feel like you should feel when your not drinking beer
Go to Top of Page

Alan
Forum Moderator

Western Australia

353 Posts

Posted - 12 Jun 2005 :  10:30:28 PM  Show Profile Send Alan a Private Message  

John , I understand totally about the dates having been involved in putting our calender together over the years. We are always looking at ways of optimising our dollar which is why I asked.
We have suggested to the guys in Tassie that they consider an event of some kind at Baskerville if it is possible the week before the Nationals but again it most likely wont happen as people would basically need to know now before they make their travel arrangements. Its a pity that we dont have more control over our destiny then we could maybe achieve more together.
Maybe in another life.

Alan Sidecar 21 WA
Go to Top of Page

2stroke
Level 1 Member

South Australia

12 Posts

Posted - 13 Jun 2005 :  7:18:38 PM  Show Profile Send 2stroke a Private Message  

Well maybe if we had a different styled Commssion things like this could be shared a lot more in advance and if mutually suitable it could work.
I would never what to see dates etc imposed from above because there are sorts of dates issues well beyond old bikes

The Philosopher, the Antagonist take your pick.
He who dares to speak!
Go to Top of Page

Alan
Forum Moderator

Western Australia

353 Posts

Posted - 13 Jun 2005 :  7:42:21 PM  Show Profile Send Alan a Private Message  

You are amazing, anything you dont agree with or like you blame MA or the Commission.
For your information neither the Commission nor MA have anything to do with setting dates for meetings, even the National Championship dates are set by the promoter. Sure the Commission would try to ensure that there wasnt a major conflict with the Championship dates but thats about all.
If you look back through the archives it was suggested that all major dates be publicised on here so these issues can be worked out. Did it happen? What do you think? We need to look much closer to home and work together on these things instead of just looking to blame someones else. Oh and just to let you know, we in WA are as bad as anyone else. Its usually a case of to few doing to much for to many. Ask John Daley or Phil Baughan there opinions on that.

Alan Sidecar 21 WA
Go to Top of Page

john
Forum Moderator

Victoria

3130 Posts

Posted - 14 Jun 2005 :  11:48:06 AM  Show Profile Send john a Private Message  

For those interested in Mt Tarrengower It is my understanding that the local committee is comfident they will get the wrks undertaken.
We will be applying for our permit soon and will start promoting it.

John Daley Sidecar #68
Go to Top of Page

Former Member
deleted

2 Posts

Posted - 16 Sep 2005 :  4:03:00 PM  

Hi, Sorry Im new to this thing.
I have a Road registered 72 H2750 Kawasaki and am interested in "having a go" at the Tarrengower Hillclimb.
I dont have a racing licence.
Is it possible? How do I go about getting a one day membership/licence?
The bike is not standard - but has no modern mods that would exclude it from post classics and is currentley fully registered in Victoria.
Go to Top of Page

john
Forum Moderator

Victoria

3130 Posts

Posted - 17 Sep 2005 :  11:32:52 PM  Show Profile Send john a Private Message  

To be honest with you I would not recommend this hill climb as a first one on that bike.
The reason we limit the bikes to 1972 is because we need to limit the chance of a big off and the event celebrates the "older " machines. We squeeze to 1972 simply because of our classifications, we would not welcome a big bore Honda for instance because the terminal speeds are too great for the circuit.
The H2 has a formidible reputation and accordingly I would ask the Steward to exclude such a machine.
Bring it along to one of our Track days at Broadford you will have much more fun. Go to You must be logged in to see this link. for the details.

John Daley Sidecar #68
Go to Top of Page

Former Member
deleted

2 Posts

Posted - 20 Sep 2005 :  4:32:29 PM  

Well, I do know the hill, first rode up it in about 1983 on a 350 Triple- I just havent ridden it in competetion -Ive been riding the same Mach IV since 1988, never slowly ,including drag racing.
It has 18"alloys,decent rubber,Konis,Twin Disks,sensable street chambers for ground clearance etc etc.It uses unleaded -standard petrol.It hasnt got huge porting or carbs- just 1.5mm oversize forged pistons.
I know id rather be on it than a standard 69 Mach III or anything else that was over engined and underbraked.
I have also broken enough bones and reached the age when caution is no longer merely a concept for others.
I will be there to spectate anyway as I have a house 15ks away-Maybe I should dust off my Bantam.
Go to Top of Page

john
Forum Moderator

Victoria

3130 Posts

Posted - 20 Sep 2005 :  4:38:13 PM  Show Profile Send john a Private Message  

Its all to do with the road shape, nothing at all against Mk 4's.
Tyhe bantam would be a great machine to run up the hill on.

John Daley Sidecar #68
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Classic Motorcycling Australia Forums © 2000 - 2024 Go To Top Of Page
This page was put together in 1.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 by Classic Motorcycling Australia | Web design by: Greening Computer Services