Not registered? Then you're not seeing all there is to see. Do you want to contribute? Register now by clicking HERE!

Forums  

Advertise with Classic Motorcycling Australia
Advertise with Classic Motorcycling Australia

All Forums
 Promotion Area of Historic/Classic/Post Classic
 Future Race Meetings
 2006 Australian Historic Road Racing Championship
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
  Current Topic Rating: Total Rating: 0 | Join the Forum to Rate this Topic at: Classic Motorcycling Australia Forums  

David
Site Administrator

Australia

999 Posts

Posted - 23 May 2006 :  5:27:01 PM  Show Profile  Visit David's Homepage Send David a Private Message  

Got the following in e-mail today:

For immediate release
May 23, 2006

Greetings all,

Entries are now open for the 2006 Australian Historic Road Racing Championship, which will be held at McNamara Park in Mount Gambier (SA) from November 23-26.

Competition will be for Period 1-5 machines, for both solos and sidecars.

Entries are now open, and close on October 27. The supplementary regs are attached.

For more information, tel/fax (08) 8332 2922, or email hmcrrsa@bigpond.com

Ends

Mark Fattore
Communications Manager
Motorcycling Australia
147 Montague Street (PO Box 134)
South Melbourne, Vic 3205
Tel: (+61 3) 9684 0503
Fax: (+61 3 9684 0555)
Mobile: 0400 055 077
www.ma.org.au

Regards,

David
Webmaster & Owner of Classic Motorcycling Australia

Quote: I thought I wanted a career, turns out I just wanted to be paid.

Alan
Forum Moderator

Western Australia

353 Posts

Posted - 29 May 2006 :  9:43:22 PM  Show Profile Send Alan a Private Message  

Just thought I would set the record straight re Supp Regs. According to my information the Regs attached are not the correct ones and we should wait for the Promotors to send out the correct ones before entering. Before you all go off half cocked at me my information came from Phil Baughan who is involved in the organisation of this years meeting.

Alan Sidecar 21 WA
Go to Top of Page

David
Site Administrator

Australia

999 Posts

Posted - 29 May 2006 :  9:51:10 PM  Show Profile  Visit David's Homepage Send David a Private Message  

I was asked after I posted the Sup Regs to remove them from MA, and have done so.. They are not ready to go out to the public after they sent the incorrect copy. So you got it right Alan...

Regards,

David

Go to Top of Page

matcho mick
Advanced Member

New South Wales

570 Posts

Posted - 03 Jul 2006 :  11:59:03 PM  Show Profile  Visit matcho mick's Homepage Send matcho mick a Private Message  

David,are the sup regs available yet?,
Go to Top of Page

acotrel
Advanced Member

Victoria

2147 Posts

Posted - 04 Jul 2006 :  07:06:00 AM  Show Profile Send acotrel a Private Message  

Good luck,Phil Baughan! You're going to need it!
Best Regards,
Alan Cotterell
Secretary,
Winton Motorcycle Club

Is your machine authentic or merely eligible?
Go to Top of Page

matcho mick
Advanced Member

New South Wales

570 Posts

Posted - 05 Jul 2006 :  11:36:13 PM  Show Profile  Visit matcho mick's Homepage Send matcho mick a Private Message  

headsup kiddies ,so ok theres no power in the pits a/hrs(when they turn the generator off,the tyre warmers don't!!),the new pit sheds are limited,3 to a bays crowded!theres 3 showers (mens),the foods good! ,the tracks bloody good!,you can camp there,(big plus),towns close 15mins,caravan parks,motels etc,couldn't ask for a better mob running it,full on enthusists bigtime,so AC,luck won't come into it,it will happen,even if it rrrrr a i n s,the track is that good it don't matter,theres even an extra 1/2hr of daylite for interstaters thrown in,
Go to Top of Page

Alan
Forum Moderator

Western Australia

353 Posts

Posted - 07 Jul 2006 :  10:02:31 PM  Show Profile Send Alan a Private Message  

Whats your problem Mr Cotterell. Why you would wish Phil Baughan and the South Australians good luck in this manner is beyond me. Phil was heavily involved in the last two Nationals held at Mallalla and both meetings were as good as any we have seen. There couldnt be a hint of jealousy regarding his skills compared to those of the Winton club who organised the debacle in
2004 could there? I suggest that if you dont have positive comments to make then you keep your opinions to yourself. For what its worth I believe that this meeting will be an exceptional event judging by the interest being shown already and knowing that the host clubs are motorcycle friendly and very experienced in running events. I will be there Alan and will be competing, the question is will you bring one of your bikes out and play.

Alan Sidecar 21 WA
Go to Top of Page

john
Forum Moderator

Victoria

3130 Posts

Posted - 09 Aug 2006 :  12:38:12 PM  Show Profile Send john a Private Message  

The City of Mount Gambier
2006 Australian Historic Road Racing Championships

To all intending historic competitors,

With the release of supplementary regulations and entry forms for this years “nationals” due next week, its time to start planning your trip and it is hoped that the following information may make your trip a pleasant one. If you wish to have entry forms e-mailed to you rather than by surface mail please contact us at hmcrrsa@bigpond.com

The Mac Park Circuit will be open from 10:00am on Tuesday 21st November, and entry to the pit and camping area will be limited to competitors only. You will need to produce your entry acceptance documents to gain access so please don’t forget to bring them. Camping at the track is available to competitors free of charge but you will need to sign an indemnity form upon arrival.

The circuit is approximately 12 Kms from Mount Gambier just off the Carpenters Rocks road, it will be well signposted for those who are visiting for the first time, and the organisers will be including a map with the final instructions as well to help you find us.

If you are planning hotel / motel / caravan park accommodation in Mount Gambier, in lieu of camping out at the track, we suggest that you book your places very soon. To assist in this regard we have enlisted the help of the Lady Nelson Visitor and Discovery Centre to handle all accommodation inquiries, they will be able to put you in touch with your preferred options. They will also include a visitors pack for the Mount Gambier area for your information. They can be contacted on 1800 087 187 or by email at theladynelson@mountgambier.sa.gov.au

The track will be open for unofficial practice on Thursday 23rd November between 9:00am and 4:00pm with official machine examination also commencing at that time.
Official practice and qualifying will be run on Friday 24th November from 9:00am to 4:00pm.

Bookings for pit garages will only be accepted by the method detailed in the supp regs and must be paid for with your entry. There are 36 permanent pit bays available on a first come – first served basis with limited additional “marque” bays as well to house the expected overflow.
If you have your own pit shelter we will also be able to accommodate you, all we ask that you check with the officials for a space to be allocated as there pit space is limited and we need to maintain easy access for all.

We look forward to seeing you all at Mac Park in November,

Phil Baughan
Comp Sec HMCRRSA

John Daley Sidecar #68
' there are those who do, those who dont do and those who undo. We must lampoon the latter."
Go to Top of Page

john
Forum Moderator

Victoria

3130 Posts

Posted - 20 Aug 2006 :  08:49:41 AM  Show Profile Send john a Private Message  

ACCOMMODATION
Are you looking for accommodation in Mt Gambier for the Historic National Championships?

“Kalganyi” is a motorcycle friendly park, owned and operated by active motorcyclists, who LOVE Historic Racing!
They have everything from a 2 man tent site to a 3 bedroom penthouse, and lots of parking space. They are also supporting the event as sponsors.
Support motorcyclists who support motorcyclists and give them a call!
08 8723 0220 phone 08 8723 0218 Fax
email toptourist@kalanyi.com.au

John Daley Sidecar #68
' there are those who do, those who dont do and those who undo. We must lampoon the latter."
Go to Top of Page

john
Forum Moderator

Victoria

3130 Posts

Posted - 29 Aug 2006 :  07:30:02 AM  Show Profile Send john a Private Message  

METHANOL
Hi Folks, If you need straight methanol at the championships and for whatever reason can't bring your own, please read on.

A company called K&S Ampol in Mt Gambier will supply straight methanol in 20 litre drums only for championship competitors. You need to ring PAUL or JULIE on 08 - 8721 1770 to place an order. Must be paid for "over the phone" via credit card or other means, and the fuel can be picked up from their depot in Margaret St Mt Gambier before the meeting. Let them know you are a competitor at the championships for a good price.

We hope this is of some help to our fellow competitors.
Regards Phil Baughan
Comp Sec HMCRRSA

John Daley Sidecar #68
Go to Top of Page

David
Site Administrator

Australia

999 Posts

Posted - 23 Sep 2006 :  08:32:06 AM  Show Profile  Visit David's Homepage Send David a Private Message  

I have been sent the following information from Mount Gambier Motor Cycle & Light Car Club Inc:

Sent: September 2006 2:23 AM
To: Phil McGee
Subject: Local Fuel Supplies for Historic National Championship

You must be logged in to see this link.

Can you please post the above link on your website or let others in your Club know to help us promote the fact that Methanol & RF100 will be available locally for race competitors to save them from having to haul it all the way here?

With Thanks,
Phil McGee.
Race Secretary
Mount Gambier Motor Cycle & Light Car Club Inc.
P.O. Box 879, Mt. Gambier, S.A., 5290
Ph/Fax: 08 87 258 871
Club Mob: 0448 951 163
Email: [removed for security reasons]

Regards,

David

Go to Top of Page

Geoffpgrant
Level 3 Member

South Australia

204 Posts

Posted - 18 Oct 2006 :  9:21:33 PM  Show Profile Send Geoffpgrant a Private Message  

HISTORIC CHAMPIONSHIPS - THE COUNTDOWN CONTINUES.

The closing date for entries to the Australian Historic Road Racing Championships is now less than 2 weeks away. Entries close on the last mail 27th October, so it would be a good idea to get your entry in this week to make sure you don’t miss out.
The organisers of the meeting will not be accepting late entries under any circumstances, entries postmarked after the 27th October will be returned.

Supp regs and entry forms are available on You must be logged in to see this link. You must be logged in to see this link. by email from hmcrrsa@bigpond.com or by phone / fax (08) 8332 2922.
Go to Top of Page

Geoffpgrant
Level 3 Member

South Australia

204 Posts

Posted - 25 Oct 2006 :  10:35:39 PM  Show Profile Send Geoffpgrant a Private Message  

ONLY TWO DAYS TO GO. Yes, this is your last chance to get your entries in for the 2006 National Historic Championships. Currently there are getting towards 250 entries (including over 20 sidecars) so it is going to be a BIG meeting. DON'T MISS IT. GET YOUR ENTRY IN NOW.

See you there
Geoff
Sidecar #30
Go to Top of Page

BBJ
Level 1 Member

South Australia

8 Posts

Posted - 02 Nov 2006 :  4:24:25 PM  Show Profile  Visit BBJ's Homepage Send BBJ a Private Message  

Should be a great few days racing and cant wait as this will be 1 big event as i think the entries are over the 250 mark but will find out next commitee meeting. Big fields means good close racing and yeh will be great to see some more sidecars at the track for a change.
John
BBJ

www.oz-images.com
Go to Top of Page

David
Site Administrator

Australia

999 Posts

Posted - 16 Nov 2006 :  4:45:05 PM  Show Profile  Visit David's Homepage Send David a Private Message  

I received this today from Mac Park:
Sent: Thursday, 16 November 2006 11:24 AM
To: Phil McGee
Subject:

Some great news, can you please put this up on your web site?

Kevin Magee is coming to the Historic Motorcycle Road Racing
Championships at McNamara Park from 23rd to 26th of November.

Ex 500cc GP Rider & now Fox Sport commentator, Kevin Magee who started his racing career at McNamara Park many years ago on a LC Yamaha Production Bike, will be on hand to press the flesh, do autograph signing sessions, commentary work and even a demonstration ride over the weekend on a very famous Ducati raced by none other than the great Mike Hailwood & John Scaysbrook at the Castrol 6 hour event in Australia in 1977. For more information on the bike click on the link below:

You must be logged in to see this link.

Also for those competitors that haven’t raced at Mac Park before we now have video footage available on our website so they can get a bit of a “heads up” before they get here! Click on the following link to view You must be logged in to see this link.

With Thanks,

Phil McGee.
Race Secretary
Mount Gambier Motor Cycle & Light Car Club Inc.
P.O. Box 879, Mt. Gambier, S.A., 5290
Ph/Fax: 08 87 258 871
Club Mob: 0448 951 163

Email: [removed for security reasons]

Regards,

David

Go to Top of Page

David
Site Administrator

Australia

999 Posts

Posted - 19 Nov 2006 :  8:33:18 PM  Show Profile  Visit David's Homepage Send David a Private Message  

Has anyone got the latest figures for the competitors? Would be good to know.

Regards,

David

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Classic Motorcycling Australia Forums © 2000 - 2024 Go To Top Of Page
This page was put together in 0.86 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 by Classic Motorcycling Australia | Web design by: Greening Computer Services