Not registered? Then you're not seeing all there is to see. Do you want to contribute? Register now by clicking HERE!

Forums  

Advertise with Classic Motorcycling Australia
Advertise with Classic Motorcycling Australia

All Forums
 Promotion Area of Historic/Classic/Post Classic
 Future Race Meetings
 Sidecars at 2007 Island Classic
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
  Current Topic Rating: Total Rating: 0 | Join the Forum to Rate this Topic at: Classic Motorcycling Australia Forums  

john
Forum Moderator

Victoria

3130 Posts

Posted - 05 Dec 2006 :  9:50:27 PM  Show Profile Send john a Private Message  

At the moment Tuesday 5 Dec there are 8 sidecars entered.
Rumours always travel faster than the truth and I have been told by more than one person that sidecars will not be on at the island this year again.
I have also been told by others they are waiting to see how many have entered.
How the hell are we ever going to be seen to be eager to race with these thoughts.
Is there a prize for being the first person to predict the demise of sidecars at the Island.
If the class does not run you will get your money back to dont hold back.
Its got to the stage where people have to decide do they want to race or just talk about it, some might suggest I need to aplogise for my words, but I dont feel inclined to.
I cant see it as anything but absurd to hold back an entry, it is painfully obvious that if we dont get sidecars over the 15 mark in 2007 we never will. We have had feilds of over 28 at the Southern Classic, 33 at the Titles and now 8 entered thus far.
Currently most entered are P4 . As follows from memory;
John Daley, Max Hooper, Ben Needham, Bruce Flack P5, Doug Flack, Geoff Irwin P5,Don Cook, Neil Paton.
UPDATE THURSDAY NIGHT
Geoff Grant,Barry Horner, Ron Martin P5,
FRIDAY UPDATE
Bondy in.
Chris Munn P5 in[ Ian Nelson No 41 ].
Lindsay Urquart in.
Chris Trounson No.
Clive Carter No,
I have a spare bike for somebody, Honda P4, if you are interested I also have been able to extend the close of entry to Tuesday if you get back to me on 03 9888 4387.

John Daley Sidecar #68
' there are those who do, those who dont do and those who undo. We must lampoon the latter."

Edited by - john on 08 Dec 2006 7:37:29 PM

z9r1
Level 1 Member

Victoria

1 Posts

Posted - 16 Jan 2007 :  4:57:03 PM  Show Profile Send z9r1 a Private Message  

Hi John - Rudee here - hasn't Eddie Lopez/Steve Hari entered?
Go to Top of Page

john
Forum Moderator

Victoria

3130 Posts

Posted - 16 Jan 2007 :  7:55:43 PM  Show Profile Send john a Private Message  

Yes now and eddie has his young passenger in the BMW.
We now have 20 sidecars entered and I am trying to get a new fairing made and painted, I need new photos for the log bookbecause I lost the original and in the mean time my brakes have played up, so we are busy just getting to practise at the moment.

John Daley Sidecar #68
' there are those who do, those who dont do and those who undo. We must lampoon the latter."
Go to Top of Page

matcho mick
Advanced Member

New South Wales

570 Posts

Posted - 16 Jan 2007 :  10:39:13 PM  Show Profile  Visit matcho mick's Homepage Send matcho mick a Private Message  

keh?,car door??
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Classic Motorcycling Australia Forums © 2000 - 2024 Go To Top Of Page
This page was put together in 0.78 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 by Classic Motorcycling Australia | Web design by: Greening Computer Services