Not registered? Then you're not seeing all there is to see. Do you want to contribute? Register now by clicking HERE!

Forums  

Advertise with us
Advertise with us

All Forums
 Classic, Historic & Post Classic Motorcycling
 Future Race Meetings
 Historic Winton
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
  Current Topic Rating: Total Rating: 0 | Join the Forum to Rate this Topic at: Classic Motorcycling Australia Forums  

acotrel
Advanced Member

Victoria

2147 Posts

Posted - 03 Jan 2004 :  9:56:17 PM  Show Profile Send acotrel a Private Message  

The Austin 7 Club's 'Historic Winton' will be held on 28th, 30th May 2004, at Winton Motor Raceway near Benalla, Victoria. Phone 03 5766 4235 for information.

Is your machine authentic or merely eligible?

john
Forum Moderator

Victoria

3130 Posts

Posted - 03 Jan 2004 :  10:18:57 PM  Show Profile Send john a Private Message  

HMRAV will have supp. regs ready mid feb 2004 Keep in touch

John Daley Sidecar #68
' there are those who do, those who dont do and those who undo. We must lampoon the latter."
Go to Top of Page

john
Forum Moderator

Victoria

3130 Posts

Posted - 24 Feb 2004 :  1:26:13 PM  Show Profile Send john a Private Message  

Regs nearly ready they will be available within a few days. Perhaps email me for a copy and I will end David a set when the permit has been issued.

John Daley Sidecar #68
' there are those who do, those who dont do and those who undo. We must lampoon the latter."
Go to Top of Page

john
Forum Moderator

Victoria

3130 Posts

Posted - 28 Feb 2004 :  11:01:11 AM  Show Profile Send john a Private Message  

Note PERIOD 5 machines cannot be accommodated at this meeting because of the cut off dates set to keep the bigger cars out.

John Daley Sidecar #68
Go to Top of Page

john
Forum Moderator

Victoria

3130 Posts

Posted - 26 Mar 2004 :  11:15:27 AM  Show Profile Send john a Private Message  

BREAKING NEWS PERIOD 5 MACHINES ARE NOW VERY WELCOME AT THIS MEETING. Also,The HMRAV is trying to re establish excitement with this great meeting. It has a good history of fascinating machines whether they have too many wheels or not. The HMRAV is making attempts to attract overseas and interstate riders to the 2004 event. Can you put this in your newsletter to help stir the passion. Entries available from the Secretary John Daley

John Daley Sidecar #68
Go to Top of Page

john
Forum Moderator

Victoria

3130 Posts

Posted - 26 Mar 2004 :  5:02:31 PM  Show Profile Send john a Private Message  

We are looking for any crazy idea to atract Classic solos and sidecras to Historic Winton. Please do not even mention Licence fees or one event licences, that is beyond our influence and I have heard it all before. But things such as billetting riders, lebnding bikes, where would we get some etc are all constructive ideas. Heaps more are welcome and will be taken on board. The winning idea will get some laps on a sidecar and the loosing ones more laps.

John Daley Sidecar #68
Go to Top of Page

acotrel
Advanced Member

Victoria

2147 Posts

Posted - 26 Mar 2004 :  7:00:22 PM  Show Profile Send acotrel a Private Message  

How about running a Concours d'elegance for both classic road and race machines?

Go to Top of Page

john
Forum Moderator

Victoria

3130 Posts

Posted - 27 Mar 2004 :  08:57:19 AM  Show Profile Send john a Private Message  

Good idea, I suppose we could atrract some club to manage it. What about the Winton Club could they do the judging?

John Daley Sidecar #68
Go to Top of Page

john
Forum Moderator

Victoria

3130 Posts

Posted - 27 Mar 2004 :  11:57:26 AM  Show Profile Send john a Private Message  

Please advise any non Victorian entry for this meeting that the $15 extra insurance levy for interstate riders has been dropped now. Please ignore any reference to it. MV advised yesterday it is not needed.

John Daley Sidecar #68
Go to Top of Page

David
Site Administrator

Australia

999 Posts

Posted - 27 Mar 2004 :  1:12:59 PM  Show Profile  Visit David's Homepage Send David a Private Message  

All I am going to say is: Common Sense has prevailed.
quote:
Originally posted by john
Please advise any non Victorian entry for this meeting that the $15 extra insurance levy for interstate riders has been dropped now. Please ignore any reference to it. MV advised yesterday it is not needed.
One positive move to increase attendance. Great stuff...

Regards,

David
Webmaster & Owner of Classic Motorcycling Australia

Quote: I thought I wanted a career, turns out I just wanted to be paid.
Go to Top of Page

acotrel
Advanced Member

Victoria

2147 Posts

Posted - 28 Mar 2004 :  09:24:34 AM  Show Profile Send acotrel a Private Message  

I think Winton Motorcycle Club can help with the judging of the Concours. Only thing - no complaints will be tolerated when your bike gets second place. WE need to think about a few categories. How about:
Best P3, Best P4, Best P5, Best Sidecar, Best Cafe Racer, Most Original Road Bike. I suggest we let anyone enter and do the assessments in a special area at lunchtime sunday. We need a mounted badge for each class as a prize.

Go to Top of Page

john
Forum Moderator

Victoria

3130 Posts

Posted - 30 Mar 2004 :  10:57:00 AM  Show Profile Send john a Private Message  

I am speaking here without even having spoken to the relevant committees.
Since the punters may not know about P4 , P5 etc why not do year groups, based aoround those periods pre 1962, up to 1980 and then moderns plus the others. We would need to select a site and I shall ask if we can supply some trophies.

John Daley Sidecar #68
Go to Top of Page

john
Forum Moderator

Victoria

3130 Posts

Posted - 31 Mar 2004 :  1:09:53 PM  Show Profile Send john a Private Message  

The HMRAV is very happy to have a concourse at Historic Winton and judged by the Winton MCC. WE have trophies here and if you talk with our Trophy man we should be able to have something done.

John Daley Sidecar #68
Go to Top of Page

acotrel
Advanced Member

Victoria

2147 Posts

Posted - 01 Apr 2004 :  09:13:40 AM  Show Profile Send acotrel a Private Message  

John,
Do you feel we should have separate classifications for road bikes and race bikes, and sidecars. Or simply three periods, and simply pick the best prepared or most original bike?

Go to Top of Page

john
Forum Moderator

Victoria

3130 Posts

Posted - 01 Apr 2004 :  10:48:31 AM  Show Profile Send john a Private Message  

I really dont know. But having seen other similiar events, the road bikes seem to be more interested in the show than racers. So on that basis I would encourage you to promote road bikes. I may be able to help with a few passes for special bikes.

John Daley Sidecar #68
Go to Top of Page

acotrel
Advanced Member

Victoria

2147 Posts

Posted - 01 Apr 2004 :  6:16:54 PM  Show Profile Send acotrel a Private Message  

How about three trophies - one for the bestprepared/most original road bike pre 80, one for the best prepared/most original racing bike, one for the best prepared sidecar? I'll try to work out a points system?

Go to Top of Page

john
Forum Moderator

Victoria

3130 Posts

Posted - 02 Apr 2004 :  09:47:36 AM  Show Profile Send john a Private Message  

I shall pass that on to Ron Torunson who is the Trophy man. It seems reasonable.

John Daley Sidecar #68
Go to Top of Page

john
Forum Moderator

Victoria

3130 Posts

Posted - 19 Apr 2004 :  4:05:27 PM  Show Profile Send john a Private Message  

Ron Trounson
E-mail Address(es):
retrounson@bigpond.com

Alan if you liase directly with Ron about the trophies for the Show and Shine it should happen. CYA

John Daley Sidecar #68
Go to Top of Page

john
Forum Moderator

Victoria

3130 Posts

Posted - 29 Apr 2004 :  08:53:02 AM  Show Profile Send john a Private Message  

Chris Large advises we have 101 machines entered so far. It is a great improvement over recent years. Well done to those who made the effort to enter. Thanks.

John Daley Sidecar #68
Go to Top of Page

acotrel
Advanced Member

Victoria

2147 Posts

Posted - 29 Apr 2004 :  1:56:31 PM  Show Profile Send acotrel a Private Message  

Really good to see you are getting entries. The fact that cars and bikes are at the same meeting seems a bit of a turnoff for both groups, and if you are getting the numbers at this particular meeting, it looks really good for the sport. Congratulations - keep up the good work!

We hope to have sup. regs. available for the Championships in November, at the Austin 7 meeting, . We expect to run four BEARS events in addition to the Champs. So the fact that you are getting good numbers for this meeting looks really good for Winton in November. We could get between 30 and 40 extra entries from the BEARS guys, and with 'cross-entries' from the regular historic guys, we might be able to get maximum grids for the BEARS races (on the 'long' circuit I think it's 55) .

Go to Top of Page

john
Forum Moderator

Victoria

3130 Posts

Posted - 29 Apr 2004 :  7:49:46 PM  Show Profile Send john a Private Message  

Alan, you may find resistance to the long circuit. It really only favours the bigger capacity bikes and does not represent true Classic riding. Thats what I have been told is the reason the HMRAV does not use the long circuit.

John Daley Sidecar #68
Go to Top of Page

bruce pederick
Level 2 Member

Victoria

27 Posts

Posted - 29 Apr 2004 :  8:56:25 PM  Show Profile Send bruce pederick a Private Message  

John

maybe check with Dave Large

Some years ago we ran the long circuit on Saturday and Dave pushed for the short circuit on Sunday as I remember for two reasons

1. Spectators lost sight of the riders on the new part.

2. Lap times were long which meant the propgram would probably have to be shortemed.
With only 3 or 4 laps per event hard to reduce laps any more. I think must have been a Southern Classic event.

I remember helping to shift the barriers for the short circuit.

Personally I was disapointed as was riding my MOV Velo then which really wound up on the long straight.
I wonder whether the long circuit should be used for the Australian Championships, Winton is very short and tight

Bruped
Go to Top of Page

matcho mick
Advanced Member

New South Wales

570 Posts

Posted - 29 Apr 2004 :  11:01:39 PM  Show Profile  Visit matcho mick's Homepage Send matcho mick a Private Message  

pox on the long circuitmick
Go to Top of Page

acotrel
Advanced Member

Victoria

2147 Posts

Posted - 30 Apr 2004 :  09:14:18 AM  Show Profile Send acotrel a Private Message  

Mick, if you think the long circuit is pox - what are your reasons?
I'll have a talk to MA and see which circuit they think should be used. They're the one's who own this meeting, Winton are running it for them! I'll also ask as many of the guys I get in contact with, what they want.
If anyone wants to talk, I'll be at Winton every wednesday until November, and I can be reached on (03) 5766 4235 between 10am and 4pm, otherwise please direct your comments to Matthew Ronke.
We want to make these Championships the best!

Go to Top of Page

john
Forum Moderator

Victoria

3130 Posts

Posted - 30 Apr 2004 :  5:34:56 PM  Show Profile Send john a Private Message  

Alan, can we stick to Historic Winton and shift this discussion to the Championship topic?

John Daley Sidecar #68
Go to Top of Page

acotrel
Advanced Member

Victoria

2147 Posts

Posted - 30 Apr 2004 :  7:52:57 PM  Show Profile Send acotrel a Private Message  

Sorry, John - point taken.

Go to Top of Page

john
Forum Moderator

Victoria

3130 Posts

Posted - 08 May 2004 :  1:36:15 PM  Show Profile Send john a Private Message  

We have Ginger Malloy riding at Winton on the very bike he campaigned in Europe in the 1970's, the Bultaco. And Maurey Quincey will be a special guest and we hope he will start a few races, make presentations and generally have a good time with Sidecars of course.

John Daley Sidecar #68
Go to Top of Page

john
Forum Moderator

Victoria

3130 Posts

Posted - 14 May 2004 :  5:55:31 PM  Show Profile Send john a Private Message  

We currently have over 90 entries and 120 machines. Well done to all who worked to get the numbers up. I have suggested we start promoting the event much earlier in the distant locations of Sydney , Qld and WA for those who like the Historic Winton concept. I have become aware, that not everybody in the world is not focussed on the event. What are your thoughts?

John Daley Sidecar #68
Go to Top of Page

acotrel
Advanced Member

Victoria

2147 Posts

Posted - 14 May 2004 :  7:31:34 PM  Show Profile Send acotrel a Private Message  

John, Current practice by other bodies involves a mail-out of entry forms and sup. regs. to competitors from previous meetings. In addition I wish to point out that the controlling bodies now maintain a database of log book holders for historic machines. It's probably a matter of talking to the right people to get access, you shouldn't have a problem with privacy laws if you state your purpose for wanting the list.

Go to Top of Page

john
Forum Moderator

Victoria

3130 Posts

Posted - 18 May 2004 :  09:04:26 AM  Show Profile Send john a Private Message  

The mail out process which we use does not get to new rideers or riders who do not know of this event. I need to getinto Qld, WA and NZ. I notice that Classic Racer and Classic Bike on the UK have published my information. Lets build on that.

John Daley Sidecar #68
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Classic Motorcycling Australia Forums © 2000 - 2024 Go To Top Of Page
This page was put together in 1.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 by Classic Motorcycling Australia | Web design by: Greening Computer Services