Not registered? Then you're not seeing all there is to see. Do you want to contribute? Register now by clicking HERE!

Forums  

Advertise with us
Advertise with us

All Forums
 Classic, Historic & Post Classic Motorcycling
 Future Race Meetings
 2004 Vic Historic Titles Entry Form
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
  Current Topic Rating: Total Rating: 0 | Join the Forum to Rate this Topic at: Classic Motorcycling Australia Forums  

David
Site Administrator

Australia

999 Posts

Posted - 15 Jan 2004 :  05:25:45 AM  Show Profile  Visit David's Homepage Send David a Private Message  

Please find attached the 2004 Vic Historic Titles Entry Form for late March 2004.

Dont forget Camping at the site is available for $10 for the weekend so it can be a pleasant weekend. For more info go to You must be logged in to see this link.

Download Attachment: You must be logged in to see this link. Vic hist Champs Sup regs for March 20-21.doc" target="_blank">
2004111205518_2004 Vic hist Champs Sup regs for March 20-21.doc
231.42 KB

Regards,

David
Webmaster & Owner of Classic Motorcycling Australia

Quote: I thought I wanted a career, turns out I just wanted to be paid.

keith campbell
Level 3 Member

Victoria

248 Posts

Posted - 15 Jan 2004 :  11:48:33 AM  Show Profile Send keith campbell a Private Message  

Regarding the proposed program for Title events again there is not a separate event for P3 Unlimited?
P6 bikes appear to be the way to go if you want twice as many rides!
It appears they not only run with up to 500cc Post Classics but then get another go in with the Unlimited Post Classics!
I wholeheartedly agree with the idea of as many rides as possible for all entrants but would also like to see the option of having P3 500cc and Unlimited races re introduced enabling those riders to show their mettle.
In all the years up to 2002 there have always been Junior,Senior and Unlimited events for the "Main Event Attractions"
For the future benefit of racing in "TITLE" billed events this issue must be resolved.The words Junior,Senior and Unlimited have remained from ? 1920????? I strongly think these must be promoted and run at all open events!

Go to Top of Page

acotrel
Advanced Member

Victoria

2147 Posts

Posted - 15 Jan 2004 :  6:26:48 PM  Show Profile Send acotrel a Private Message  

I suggest the classes should be Junior, Senior, F750, and Unlimited

Is your machine authentic or merely eligible?
Go to Top of Page

john
Forum Moderator

Victoria

3130 Posts

Posted - 15 Jan 2004 :  10:48:23 PM  Show Profile Send john a Private Message  

Keith, I am operating under instructions with the program. But lets get together with some paper and go thruogh your points its abit hard over the internet. But I dont think there are any P6 events. At the moment there are too many requests for a humble sidecar rider to come to grips with Alan, talk with MA and the HMRAV committee directly about your changes. I personally think we should get what we have correct before we start to play with the names. Anyway, all you blokes seem to have forgotten, I only want to get more sidecars there, somebody else can get more storage frames to the circuits.Look at the Island Classic, 180 entries, 250 machines and only 9 sidecars. Something should be doe about this, maybe we should go to parliament about the grave situation!!

John Daley Sidecar #68
' there are those who do, those who dont do and those who undo. We must lampoon the latter."
Go to Top of Page

acotrel
Advanced Member

Victoria

2147 Posts

Posted - 16 Jan 2004 :  07:01:12 AM  Show Profile Send acotrel a Private Message  

John, I don't ever remember seeing a really big field of sidecars in the old days. And if our objective in historic racing is to 'recreate an era', we're doing just that. Like you I would love to see decent sidecar fields, however I believe the whole thing depends on charisma. Why would a young guy be attracted to racing an historic sidecar? Perhaps it's a question we might ask Peter (from Benalla) who started racing that immaculate Triumph sidecar recently, and now knocks about with Largie? (Time for a SWOT analysis?)

Go to Top of Page

john
Forum Moderator

Victoria

3130 Posts

Posted - 16 Jan 2004 :  07:30:22 AM  Show Profile Send john a Private Message  

I raced in fields of 40 sidecars in the early 70's. Peter also owns the red cb750 Frank from Sydney had. I hope he can ride 2 at a time!!

John Daley Sidecar #68
' there are those who do, those who dont do and those who undo. We must lampoon the latter."
Go to Top of Page

David
Site Administrator

Australia

999 Posts

Posted - 24 Feb 2004 :  08:00:03 AM  Show Profile  Visit David's Homepage Send David a Private Message  

Bump... Less than a month to go, where are we with entries to 2004 Vic Historic Titles? Does anyone know what sort of numbers we have?

For those who have not entered, now would be a great time to get your entry in or you may simply miss out.

Regards,

David

Go to Top of Page

john
Forum Moderator

Victoria

3130 Posts

Posted - 24 Feb 2004 :  1:24:31 PM  Show Profile Send john a Private Message  

So far 63. But more importantly we may have saved the w/end because we have a replacement cappucine man in discussions. The other one has gone to England chasing a bit of skirt and let us dry.

John Daley Sidecar #68
Go to Top of Page

acotrel
Advanced Member

Victoria

2147 Posts

Posted - 24 Feb 2004 :  1:47:00 PM  Show Profile Send acotrel a Private Message  

If you can provide a single event licence for the Vic Titles you can make it 64 at least

Go to Top of Page

john
Forum Moderator

Victoria

3130 Posts

Posted - 24 Feb 2004 :  2:40:20 PM  Show Profile Send john a Private Message  

I am not going into that territory!!

John Daley Sidecar #68
Go to Top of Page

David
Site Administrator

Australia

999 Posts

Posted - 15 Mar 2004 :  08:14:33 AM  Show Profile  Visit David's Homepage Send David a Private Message  

Hello,

here is the entry form for the Historic Winton as supplied by John.

Historic Winton Supp Regs

Regards,

David

Go to Top of Page

popeye
Level 2 Member

Western Australia

187 Posts

Posted - 15 Mar 2004 :  8:15:30 PM  Show Profile Send popeye a Private Message  

Natural disasters aside, myself and the incredible Cath will be attending on the weekend to have a look at how it all happens, will be camping at the track and if the weather holds out and our monday off work isn't stuffed up we will be on the K7 and the VTR250, if not will be a ratty gold XC Falcon with SA plates, if ya see us pop over and try and help us make sense of the events

Popeye

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we're here we may as well dance
Go to Top of Page

Former Member
deleted

120 Posts

Posted - 15 Mar 2004 :  9:22:47 PM  

Are the Winton regs the right ones, they say BEARS races will be longer than normal historic races. Forgotten Era aren't welcome but BEARS are, what is going on?

Jayne
Go to Top of Page

matcho mick
Advanced Member

New South Wales

570 Posts

Posted - 15 Mar 2004 :  11:01:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit matcho mick's Homepage Send matcho mick a Private Message  

g'day folks,you probably would have got more entries from up here in nsw had titles been more than 2weeks before our title?,on that note SA's titles are 2 weeks after our title meeting,good planing or what?,3 major title races in 6 weeks,nice one if you can do it?,that was the best bit about last year,broadford in Nov,no worries,no where else to go,(apart from WA ),my 2 bobs,(pox on metric)Mick
Go to Top of Page

David
Site Administrator

Australia

999 Posts

Posted - 16 Mar 2004 :  05:09:00 AM  Show Profile  Visit David's Homepage Send David a Private Message  

Historic Winton topic now moved to You must be logged in to see this link.

Regards,

David

Go to Top of Page

matcho mick
Advanced Member

New South Wales

570 Posts

Posted - 16 Mar 2004 :  11:43:04 AM  Show Profile  Visit matcho mick's Homepage Send matcho mick a Private Message  

news flash,bum steer,not our titles but autumn classic(still major race meeting but),titles in august 14/15,eastern creek,cheers mick
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Classic Motorcycling Australia Forums © 2000 - 2024 Go To Top Of Page
This page was put together in 0.83 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 by Classic Motorcycling Australia | Web design by: Greening Computer Services