Not registered? Then you're not seeing all there is to see. Do you want to contribute? Register now by clicking HERE!

Forums  

Advertise with us
Advertise with us

All Forums
 Classic, Historic & Post Classic Motorcycling
 Future Race Meetings
 Feb 13, Track Day or Sprint day?
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
  Current Topic Rating: Total Rating: 0 | Join the Forum to Rate this Topic at: Classic Motorcycling Australia Forums  

Ben
Honda CB350 Racers Promotion - Moderator

Victoria

288 Posts

Posted - 06 Jan 2005 :  09:21:43 AM  Show Profile Send Ben a Private Message  

Hiya,

I checked MV's listing of events and they have Feb 13 as a Broadford HMRAV Track Day, but it is listed on the HMRAV calendar as the Broadford sprint.......... Does anyone know what it is to be?
Thanks,
Ben.
P.S - Posted this on HMRAV as well, just thought I'd try here to.

Try Everything

john
Forum Moderator

Victoria

3130 Posts

Posted - 06 Jan 2005 :  2:13:33 PM  Show Profile Send john a Private Message  

It is now a practise track day organised by the HMRAV but open to all machines. It will be good to see your new beast Ben. I shall submit a report to the others.

John Daley Sidecar #68
' there are those who do, those who dont do and those who undo. We must lampoon the latter."
Go to Top of Page

Ben

Victoria

288 Posts

Posted - 06 Jan 2005 :  2:40:32 PM  Show Profile Send Ben a Private Message  

Thanks John, I am doing my best to have the 350 ready, but failing that I'll bring my 400/4 instead!

Either way, twill be good to have my first run on the track!

Try Everything
Go to Top of Page

popeye
Level 2 Member

Western Australia

187 Posts

Posted - 06 Jan 2005 :  7:02:35 PM  Show Profile Send popeye a Private Message  

Go Ben go...........ride report mandatory on completion.

we have Hartwell here on that weekend and I'll be busy with that.

I have just got a mod from one of the WERA people for the 350 you may want to try :)

e-mail for details

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we're here we may as well dance
Go to Top of Page

john
Forum Moderator

Victoria

3130 Posts

Posted - 06 Jan 2005 :  9:28:27 PM  Show Profile Send john a Private Message  

yeah turn it into a sidecar!!

John Daley Sidecar #68
' there are those who do, those who dont do and those who undo. We must lampoon the latter."
Go to Top of Page

popeye
Level 2 Member

Western Australia

187 Posts

Posted - 06 Jan 2005 :  10:07:51 PM  Show Profile Send popeye a Private Message  

I think there is a mercy rule to be invoked in the case of extreme cruelty to small engines........

the mod in question is detailed in an early 70's edition of a US bike mag so definitely in period.

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we're here we may as well dance
Go to Top of Page

Ben

Victoria

288 Posts

Posted - 07 Jan 2005 :  1:26:39 PM  Show Profile Send Ben a Private Message  

Should be good day..... if the bike runs ok.. Popeye, I have sent you an email re: this mysterious mod!

Try Everything
Go to Top of Page

popeye
Level 2 Member

Western Australia

187 Posts

Posted - 07 Jan 2005 :  6:05:22 PM  Show Profile Send popeye a Private Message  

nothing mysterious, just how to turn a few bits of junk into a magneto that chucks 400V at the primary winding of your coils.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Classic Motorcycling Australia Forums © 2000 - 2024 Go To Top Of Page
This page was put together in 0.89 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 by Classic Motorcycling Australia | Web design by: Greening Computer Services