Not registered? Then you're not seeing all there is to see. Do you want to contribute? Register now by clicking HERE!

Forums  

Advertise with us
Advertise with us

All Forums
 Classic, Historic & Post Classic Motorcycling
 Future Race Meetings
 The "Hotel Mildura" Mildura Masters Games 2005
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
  Current Topic Rating: Total Rating: 0 | Join the Forum to Rate this Topic at: Classic Motorcycling Australia Forums  

David
Site Administrator

Australia

999 Posts

Posted - 13 Apr 2005 :  8:58:36 PM  Show Profile  Visit David's Homepage Send David a Private Message  

I received the following e-mail and hope some will support the YMCA Mildura:
quote:
From: YMCA Mildura Masters [mailto:admin.milduramasters [at] ymca.org.au]
Sent: Wednesday, 13 April 2005 4:37 PM
To: admin.milduramasters [at] ymca.org.au
Subject: The "Hotel Mildura" Mildura Masters Games 2005 - Classic Motocross

It is with great pleasure that the YMCA, in partnership with the Mildura Rural City Council, invites you to be part of the upcoming “Hotel Mildura” Mildura Masters Games 2005. This exciting and dynamic event is to be held from the 13th – 21st August 2005, in the beautiful Murray River city of Mildura in north-west Victoria. The Games will bring athletes from more than 20 sports together for nine days of competition and social events.

The YMCA is co-ordinating the event for the first time, and our goal is to draw the greatest number of participants in the Mildura Masters’ history. To make this possible, we would be delighted if you would actively encourage the members of your organisation to participate. You may have already heard about the Mildura Masters through affiliated sporting associations, previous participants, or by direct contact with the YMCA. Consequently, you may have started actively promoting this event. If this is the case, we thank you for your continued support.

We strongly believe that the Masters Games concept ultimately assists all participating sporting disciplines. By retaining experienced athletes in competition, they make a valuable contribution to their Clubs and Associations by filling important executive positions, coaching younger members, refereeing and umpiring, and by acting as role models for others. As you would be well aware, these people are the backbone of many sporting organizations.

The way your organisation can contribute to the success of the Mildura Masters Games, and support continued participation in sport in Australia, is by actively promoting the “Hotel Mildura” Mildura Masters Games. We would be most appreciative if you could provide the following information in your newsletters, and/or on your website:

- Specific details for your sport

CLASSIC MOTORCROSS

date: Sunday 14th August 2005
venue: Olympic Park, Mildura.
- the contact details for the sporting association in Mildura co-ordinating your sport at the Games,

Mildura Motorcycle Club
Brendon Gledhill
03 5027 4225
0419 174 225

- the link to the Mildura Masters Games 2005 Web Site for registration and up-to-date event information

WEB LINK: You must be logged in to see this link.

The Mildura Masters precedes the 2005 Australian Masters Games which will be hosted by Adelaide in October. This makes the Mildura Masters a perfect event for your members to include in preparation for the national event.

If you would like further information about the “Hotel Mildura” Mildura Masters Games, visit the website at You must be logged in to see this link. Alternatively, contact the Games Coordinator, Kim Lyell via e-mail at kim.lyell [at] ymca.org.au or call 03 5018 8391. Please feel free to forward this email to any associated Clubs and Associations who may be interested. Otherwise, please let us know their contact details and we will pass the information on.

Thank you for your support.

Yours sincerely,

Miriam Hurworth
Volunteer Administration Assistant

Level 1, 152 Plenty Road
Preston 3072
Phone: 9480 1177
Fax: 9480 3699
Email: admin.milduramasters [at] ymca.org.au
Victorian YMCA

We build strong PEOPLE strong FAMILIES strong COMMUNITIES
NOTICE: This communication is confidential. If you are not the intended recipient of this communication please delete and destroy all copies immediately. If you are the intended recipient of this communication, you should not copy, disclose or distribute this communication without the authority of the author. Any views expressed in this communication are those of the individual sender, except where the sender specifically states them to be the views of the Events Unit. Except as required by law, the YMCA does not represent, warrant and/or guarantee that the integrity of this communication has been maintained nor that the communication is free of errors, virus, interception or interference. If you have received this email in error or have other concerns regarding this transmission, please contact the email author.

Regards,

David
Webmaster & Owner of Classic Motorcycling Australia

Quote: I thought I wanted a career, turns out I just wanted to be paid.

Alan
Forum Moderator

Western Australia

353 Posts

Posted - 13 Apr 2005 :  9:37:27 PM  Show Profile Send Alan a Private Message  

John, you were looking for ways of promoting your club and our sport why dont you organise a large static display and hand out fliers while this is on. In the main the people there will be of an age that would recall the bikes we use and it could generate some interest as competitors, supporters or even volunteers.
Its a golden oportunity dont miss it.

Alan sidecar 21 WA
Go to Top of Page

john
Forum Moderator

Victoria

3130 Posts

Posted - 13 Apr 2005 :  10:56:17 PM  Show Profile Send john a Private Message  

Why dont I because I could not be bothered to get out of bed and drive 500km.
Somebody else should volunteer and find what an ungrateful bunch they would be. Nobody will travel the 500km back to come to a Road race meeting at Broadford, Winton or the extra 100km to Phillip Island. It is too far for the punters.
Mildura is 1/2 way to Perth from Melbourne.
Please dont tell me about Golden opportunities, thats for the other riders to discover. Travelling 500km to hand out brochures sux.
Its time they put something in, instead of relying on others. Lets wait and see if they make an offer.

John Daley Sidecar #68
' there are those who do, those who dont do and those who undo. We must lampoon the latter."
Go to Top of Page

Former Member
deleted

48 Posts

Posted - 14 Apr 2005 :  08:25:42 AM  

I couldn't agree more with you Alan. The people there will be from everywhere, including many from Melbourne, and of an age that will recall these bikes.

My experience is that when this age group see the classic machines they comment "do you really race them? Where can I see it? I remember when" etc. Classic racing is unknown to this age group and this is an great opportunity to reach them.

Perhaps this is why classic racing in WA, per capita, is ahead of many other states.
Go to Top of Page

Alan
Forum Moderator

Western Australia

353 Posts

Posted - 15 Apr 2005 :  10:57:16 PM  Show Profile Send Alan a Private Message  

John, You seem to have reacted in a strange way to my suggestion. I didnt mean for you personally to actually do the work but for the HMRAV to take up the opportunity, you in this case being the HMRAV. The tone of your response infers that you are doing a lot of the work without much assistance, if that is the case then I feel for you.
However it is occasions such as these that are the windows of opportunity to promote the sport and to make others aware that we exist and we should in all states and territories maximise the benefits that come from participation in these events.
If it is any consolation most clubs in most sports rely on the minority to do the work for the majority who generally complain anyway. We carry on because of our passion for what we believe in until burnt out, then hopefully there is someone else willing to sacrifice themselves to the altar.

Alan Sidecar 21 WA
Go to Top of Page

john
Forum Moderator

Victoria

3130 Posts

Posted - 15 Apr 2005 :  11:42:57 PM  Show Profile Send john a Private Message  

Alan, thanks for the clarifiaction. I did assume you thought I should do the trip.
My bigest disapponitment is the fact that volunteers are few and far between and it is wearing me down.
I believe we are doing a lot to promote within the limits of effort and money and I also believe our efforts are having a growing effect.
Personally I think Mildura is just too far away but I am happy to be proved wrong, we just need a volunteer to take it on board.

John Daley Sidecar #68
' there are those who do, those who dont do and those who undo. We must lampoon the latter."
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Classic Motorcycling Australia Forums © 2000 - 2024 Go To Top Of Page
This page was put together in 0.86 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 by Classic Motorcycling Australia | Web design by: Greening Computer Services