Not registered? Then you're not seeing all there is to see. Do you want to contribute? Register now by clicking HERE!

Forums  

Advertise with us
Advertise with us

All Forums
 Promotion Area of Historic/Classic/Post Classic
 Future Race Meetings
 National Titles Transport Details
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
  Current Topic Rating: Total Rating: 0 | Join the Forum to Rate this Topic at: Classic Motorcycling Australia Forums  

john
Forum Moderator

Victoria

3130 Posts

Posted - 29 Jun 2005 :  1:05:08 PM  Show Profile Send john a Private Message  

In a effort to separate Transport from management of this meeting I have set this topic up.
I have sent this email off and shall submit a reply when received.

"Kelly, Graham Welden from Canberra asked me as the Secretary of the Historic Motorcycle Racing Assoc. of Victoria to approach you about assistance with regard to travelling to this event.
The National Titles normally attract about 260 entries each year with perhaps up to 500 people involved.
Since most people will need to come from Australia to attend, I ask are there any special arrangements available to assist.
The meeting is on the 24, 25 and 26 November 2005 at Symonds Plains.
Since many people travel with trailers, is it possible to accommodate these in any arrangements.
Many have pondered the iea of staying a few days extra, so this may need to be taken into account.
Thank you

John Daley Secretary HMRAV

John Daley Sidecar #68
' there are those who do, those who dont do and those who undo. We must lampoon the latter."

john
Forum Moderator

Victoria

3130 Posts

Posted - 05 Jul 2005 :  11:15:46 AM  Show Profile Send john a Private Message  

Tuesday, 05 July 2005

Mr John Daley
Secretary
Historic Motorcycle Racing Assoc of Victoria
184 Through Road
CAMBERWELL VIC 3124
Email: john@dalrac.com

Dear John,

HISTORIC MOTORCYCLE RACING NATIONAL TITLES
QUOTATION – NOVEMBER 2005

I have much pleasure in providing the following quotation together with details for your consideration.

Spirit of Tasmania I & II will depart from both Melbourne and Devonport seven (7) nights a week with a departure time of 9:00pm, and arrival at 7:00am the following morning.

Spirit of Tasmania III will sail from Sydney twice a week during our Shoulder Season on Sundays at 2pm and Tuesdays at 4pm. Arrival the following day into Devonport is approximately 20 x hours later. Departure from Devonport to Sydney is on Saturdays at 1pm and Mondays at 3pm with arrival the following day approximately 20 x hours later.

NB: All fares given in this quotation are GST inclusive, are subject to alteration without notice and include a complimentary buffet dinner & brunch to/from Sydney only.

These fares are applicable if bookings are made directly with our Special Events Department only.

John, I would like to highlight the special arrangements we would be delighted to offer to participants of your special event:-

• 20% discount off Adult Cabin Fares.
• Up to 50% discount of Child/Student Cabin Fares.
• Participants who travel pre & post the conference, discounted fares will still apply.
• Booking form & fares sheets to be created exclusively for participants & all enquiries can be made directly with our Special Events Department – toll free 1800 204 687.

Our special fares are applicable for travel between 1st September, 2005 – 16th December, 2005:

PASSENGER FARES – TO/FROM MELBOURNE: -

Price per Adult/Senior/Pensioner/Tertiary Child in Deluxe Cabin $322.00 each way
Price per Sole Use in Deluxe Cabin $161.00 each way

Price per Adult/Senior in Twin Porthole Cabin $184.00 each way
Price per Pensioner in Twin Porthole Cabin $140.00 each way
Price per Child/Student in Twin Porthole Cabin $118.00 each way
Price per Sole Use in Twin Porthole Cabin (additional charge) $115.00 each way

Price per Adult/Senior in Twin Inside Cabin $176.00 each way
Price per Pensioner in Twin Inside Cabin $134.00 each way
Price per Child/Student in Twin Inside Cabin $113.00 each way
Price per Sole Use in Twin Inside Cabin (additional charge) $110.00 each way
Melbourne fares cont”d….

Price per Adult in 3, 4 Bunk Porthole Cabin $167.00 each way
Price per Senior in 3, 4 Bunk Porthole Cabin $167.00 each way
Price per Pensioner in 3, 4 Bunk Porthole Cabin $128.00 each way
Price per Child/Student in 3, 4 Bunk Porthole Cabin $108.00 each way

Price per Adult in 3, 4 Bunk Inside Cabin $157.00 each way
Price per Senior in 3, 4 Bunk Inside Cabin $157.00 each way
Price per Pensioner in 3, 4 Bunk Inside Cabin $120.00 each way
Price per Child/Student in 3,4 Bunk Inside Cabin $101.00 each way

Price per Adult in Business Class Seat $158.00 each way
Price per Pensioner in Business Class Seat $127.00 each way
Price per Senior in Business Class Seat $132.00 each way
Price per Child in Business Class Seat $101.00 each way

Price per Adult/Senior/Pensioner/Tertiary in Cruise Seat $115.00 each way
Price per Child in Cruise Seat $ 88.00 each way

*Pension fares apply to holders of Australian Pension Cards. Limited availability and appropriate ID required
*Senior fares apply to passengers 60 years and over. Appropriate ID required.

MELBOURNE VEHICLES:

Price per Standard Vehicle – up to 5m in length x 2m wide $59.00 each way
Price per Vehicle – between 5.01- 6m in length x 2m wide $99.00 each way

Price per Standard Vehicle towing trailer:
between 6.1 – 7m long x 2.4m wide x 2.25m high $209.00 each way
between 7.1 – 8m long x 2.4m wide x 2.25m high $261.00 each way
between 8.1 – 9m long x 2.4m wide x 2.25m high $313.00 each way
- price per additional metre over 9m long $ 52.00 each way

Price per motorbike $ 40.00 each way
Price per motorbike with sidecar/trailer up to 7m long $ 95.00 each way

Other vehicles fares/types are available upon application.

PASSENGERS FARES (TO/FROM SYDNEY): -

Price per Adult/Senior in Double Porthole Cabin $256.00 each way
Price per Pensioner in Double Porthole Cabin $240.00 each way
Price per Sole Use in Double Porthole Cabin (additional charge) $160.00 each way

Price per Adult/Senior in Double Inside Cabin $245.00 each way
Price per Pensioner in Double Inside Cabin $230.00 each way
Price per Sole Use in Double Inside Cabin (additional charge) $153.00 each way

Price per Adult/Senior in Twin Porthole Cabin $248.00 each way
Price per Pensioner in Twin Porthole Cabin $233.00 each way
Price per Child/Student in Twin Porthole Cabin $155.00 each way
Price per Sole Use Charge in Twin Porthole Cabin (additional charge) $155.00 each way

John Daley Sidecar #68
' there are those who do, those who dont do and those who undo. We must lampoon the latter."
Go to Top of Page

Chris L
Level 1 Member

Victoria

12 Posts

Posted - 05 Jul 2005 :  10:25:42 PM  Show Profile Send Chris L a Private Message  

Have I got this quote right?? If I book the cheapest seat available @ $115 each way and take a Commodore with trailer at say total 8 metres long @ $261 each way this comes to grand total of $752. I wish Tassie the best of luck for the meeting but this has put the kybosh on me entering and bringing my family as well to see the Apple Isle. And well done to M.A. in driving another nail in the coffin of classic racing (especially national titles). How about conducting the 2007 round in South Africa. And what's with giving the 2006 titles to South Aus, and a bike club at that. It sounds like a recipe for success, better kill that one off M.A!!!
Go to Top of Page

kavo
Level 2 Member

Queensland

38 Posts

Posted - 06 Jul 2005 :  08:17:14 AM  Show Profile  Visit kavo's Homepage Send kavo a Private Message  

Chris,

You guys have it a lot better than any of the other states. Think of the competitors thinking of travelling from QLD or the NT. We actually have to get to Melbourne first. I wonder if we would be allowed to walk bikes on as if they were a roadbike? This would make it cheaper.. although you would have to hire a car at the other end. What about sharing transportation costs of bikes in vans, utes etc with others.
Cheers

Damien
Go to Top of Page

john
Forum Moderator

Victoria

3130 Posts

Posted - 06 Jul 2005 :  12:53:04 PM  Show Profile Send john a Private Message  

More feed back
Patrick advises that we can get $39 fares to tassie.
If you put the sidecar on the roof you will not need the trailer and the dents in the car roof will catch rain in the future you can use in the coffee.
Seriously more news from Tassie
Hi John

I have attached the booking form & fare sheets applicable for your
event as I have already received inquiries.

Please advise ASAP if you require allotment space to be held
otherwise space will be subject to availability when participants
return their completed booking forms.
Do not hesitate to contact me if you have any further enquiries.

Regards
Trudy - Special Events

John Daley Sidecar #68

Edited by - john on 07 Jul 2005 10:22:51 AM
Go to Top of Page

matcho mick
Advanced Member

New South Wales

570 Posts

Posted - 06 Jul 2005 :  11:36:45 PM  Show Profile  Visit matcho mick's Homepage Send matcho mick a Private Message  

hmmmmm,over $800 for me from sydney,(memo,must borrow narrower van?),at least i won't burn $500 of gas getting up/down sesame street?,decisions,decisions
Go to Top of Page

Alan
Forum Moderator

Western Australia

353 Posts

Posted - 10 Jul 2005 :  7:08:15 PM  Show Profile Send Alan a Private Message  

I think some of you really do need a reality check. The last time I went to Mallalla by road, Mallalla being our nearest alternative track, I spent $1300.0 on the road for fuel and food. We travelled non stop so there were no accomodation costs involved.
Sure it is not going to be a cheap excercise to get across the Bass Strait but there are ways of overcoming some of the costs, go by ute or van for one then only pay the standard vehicle cost. The other way of justifying the cost which is what I have chosen to do is to have a Tasmanian holiday prior to the event then the costs are part of that holiday and not a stand alone race meeting. In other words make the meeting and excuse for a Tasmanian holiday. We from WA have managed to get a price for sending a 20ft container of less than $6000.00 which divided by 15 solos and 1 sidecar works out at less than $400.00 per bike this enables us to fly in so will reduce overall costs maybe the rest of you guys need to get together and work on a similar scheme. If anyone wants any advice on how we went about it last year I am only to happy to help.
We desperately need to make this meeting a success and cant do that without competitors so lets collectively find ways of making it affordable.

Alan Sidecar 21 WA
Go to Top of Page

john
Forum Moderator

Victoria

3130 Posts

Posted - 12 Jul 2005 :  12:23:53 PM  Show Profile Send john a Private Message  

LISTEN UP FELLAS
Kelly from the Spirit Of Tassia company rang to discuss a few issues.
During the conversation she mentioned that somebody had given her a hard time because his vehicle did not meet the criteria set down by the company for assistance.
Now I ask that riders etc demonstrate better manners when dealing with people offering us a deal. Kelly is an employee, just as I and the other administrators are volunteering to help.
Abuse will not make it easier to get a result.
If you want to be abusive please count to 10 and if you still are upset count to 100, if still upset call me and I will try and tell you a joke to break the head spinning.

John Daley Sidecar #68
Go to Top of Page

john
Forum Moderator

Victoria

3130 Posts

Posted - 11 Aug 2005 :  09:20:31 AM  Show Profile Send john a Private Message  

Hi John, fares to tassie. Have just been on a web site knowhowtrravel.com.au and have got a price of $172 return in a cruise seat compared to $230 with TT-Line. Maybe you may want to check it out , it is cheaper all over. Ph. No. 03 6265 3377.

Ken howie

John Daley Sidecar #68
Go to Top of Page

john
Forum Moderator

Victoria

3130 Posts

Posted - 12 Aug 2005 :  4:18:31 PM  Show Profile Send john a Private Message  

I have had a few calls about the costs of getting to tassie.
Beaware of the different combinations of trailer, ute and cars costs. Some are confused and think the passenger fare includes the vehicles.
Perhaps we could roll the bikes on the boat and have a trailer waiting at the wharf.
Some people are taking trucks and accepting paying customers.

John Daley Sidecar #68
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Classic Motorcycling Australia Forums © 2000 - 2024 Go To Top Of Page
This page was put together in 0.88 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 by Classic Motorcycling Australia | Web design by: Greening Computer Services