Not registered? Then you're not seeing all there is to see. Do you want to contribute? Register now by clicking HERE!

Forums  

Advertise with Classic Motorcycling Australia
Advertise with Classic Motorcycling Australia

All Forums
 Classic, Historic & Post Classic Motorcycling
 Future Race Meetings
 Vic. Historic Titles
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
  Current Topic Rating: Total Rating: 0 | Join the Forum to Rate this Topic at: Classic Motorcycling Australia Forums  

john
Forum Moderator

Victoria

3130 Posts

Posted - 30 Sep 2003 :  07:26:36 AM  Show Profile Send john a Private Message  

Marck 20 / 21 2004 at Broadford. Supp regs will be available from You must be logged in to see this link. in the documents section. notes.MORE IMPORTANTLY we may have the BEARS as a support class again and you may be able to join them as well if you fit the criteria which is listed on the supp regs, the BEARS web site and the You must be logged in to see this link. / events/ vic titles section

John Daley Sidecar #68
' there are those who do, those who dont do and those who undo. We must lampoon the latter."

Edited by - john on 02 Dec 2003 1:43:55 PM

john
Forum Moderator

Victoria

3130 Posts

Posted - 10 Oct 2003 :  6:40:19 PM  Show Profile Send john a Private Message  

Camping at the track will be avilable for the week end including Friday evening. Catering will also be on site. Camping fee $10 per team of 3 with $10 per person for the weekend after that.

John Daley Sidecar #68
' there are those who do, those who dont do and those who undo. We must lampoon the latter."
Go to Top of Page

David
Site Administrator

Australia

999 Posts

Posted - 07 Nov 2003 :  5:11:54 PM  Show Profile  Visit David's Homepage Send David a Private Message  

bump... Don't forget about it folks...

Regards,

David
Webmaster & Owner of Classic Motorcycling Australia

Quote: I thought I wanted a career, turns out I just wanted to be paid.
Go to Top of Page

john
Forum Moderator

Victoria

3130 Posts

Posted - 08 Nov 2003 :  08:41:44 AM  Show Profile Send john a Private Message  

Scott make sure the person who gave you the story about the Vic champs being at Mac Park gets this bit of the story. The Vic Historic Champs will be at Broadford on 20 / 21 March 2004. We have been talking with the Sa club managing the SA event about dates to ensure we dont get too close. My understanding is we moved in on the time period SA has normally had its Titles. This was done accidentaly, but it seems we can both get an event each about 4-5 weeks apart. We moved to reduce the clutter at the Oct. - November part of the calendar.

John Daley Sidecar #68
Go to Top of Page

Former Member
deleted

174 Posts

Posted - 11 Nov 2003 :  12:56:27 AM  

CAN ANYONE CONFIRM IF PERIOD 5 SIDECAR WILL BE ELIGIBLE TO RUN AT THE VIC CHAMPS.
CHEERS
NEILL

Its not what you ride,Its how fast you ride it!!!
Go to Top of Page

john
Forum Moderator

Victoria

3130 Posts

Posted - 11 Nov 2003 :  4:08:38 PM  Show Profile Send john a Private Message  

Yes if we get enough. We have a problem with the speed differential between P3 and P5 sidecars

John Daley Sidecar #68
Go to Top of Page

acotrel
Advanced Member

Victoria

2147 Posts

Posted - 27 Nov 2003 :  5:11:20 PM  Show Profile Send acotrel a Private Message  

John, Are the Victorian Historic Titles still on next weekend (30th November, 1sr December) at Broadford? Looking at this web site, the casual visitor wouldn't know it, from the postings!

Is your machine authentic or merely eligible?
Go to Top of Page

acotrel
Advanced Member

Victoria

2147 Posts

Posted - 27 Nov 2003 :  5:13:15 PM  Show Profile Send acotrel a Private Message  

John,
Have you topped 200 entries, this time?

Go to Top of Page

john
Forum Moderator

Victoria

3130 Posts

Posted - 27 Nov 2003 :  11:28:07 PM  Show Profile Send john a Private Message  

It is unfortunate that you believe a casual visitor would have the impression the Vic Titles are not on. Are you being cheeky in suggesting that the meeting may have been cancelld!!!!!They are very much on the go. I am printing the grid sheets and other lists as I write. We have 127 entries. You have put the bar high at 200 Alan, thats cheeky too. I have checked with Patrick at Broadford who mentioned that Hartwell had the biggest meeting at the road race circuit with 160. If 20 or 30 extra sidecars turned up we would be getting there.

John Daley Sidecar #68

Edited by - john on 28 Nov 2003 10:31:00 AM
Go to Top of Page

acotrel
Advanced Member

Victoria

2147 Posts

Posted - 28 Nov 2003 :  5:22:26 PM  Show Profile Send acotrel a Private Message  

127 is not bad, good work John.

Go to Top of Page

keith campbell
Level 3 Member

Victoria

248 Posts

Posted - 02 Dec 2003 :  10:27:37 AM  Show Profile Send keith campbell a Private Message  

Congrats too all,I had another fantastic weekend with the racing and great company in the paddock both fri and sat night.Pity about the two D.N.F's in the mains on Sun arvo but hey....."I'll be back!"
Thanks again to all at the club great job well done and i can see those numbers growing next year.I spoke to most of the Sunday visitors in the pits around me and thanked them for coming out in the inclement weather on their bikes,sidecars and they were all very happy to have a chat.Lets hope that with further encouragement towards paying spectators we can have more around the fences to come and see "what all the hype is about".... Cheers for now keith.
Go to Top of Page

acotrel
Advanced Member

Victoria

2147 Posts

Posted - 02 Dec 2003 :  11:26:18 AM  Show Profile Send acotrel a Private Message  

John, Can't say how much I enjoyed seeing the BEARS at the Vic Titles. Rex proved just how good he is. I saw him outbrake one of the fast guys at the end of the front straight, by miles.
Really enjoyed the meeting. The preparation of the bikes was a real credit to the guys.
I've sent you a tape of the meeting (saturday) , hope you like it.

Go to Top of Page

john
Forum Moderator

Victoria

3130 Posts

Posted - 02 Dec 2003 :  1:41:31 PM  Show Profile Send john a Private Message  

What about those two old blokes in the Post Classic sidecar championship, Max Hooper[rider] and John Daley [pass.] with a combined age of over 110 and a nice machine.We managed to stay in front, unfortunately Max's passenger was injured so I stepped into help. Max and I have raced each other since about 1970.

John Daley Sidecar #68
Go to Top of Page

acotrel
Advanced Member

Victoria

2147 Posts

Posted - 02 Dec 2003 :  3:49:42 PM  Show Profile Send acotrel a Private Message  

I attended the Vic Titles on Saturday 29th November (my 62nd birthday), and I was given a birthday present. I was delighted to see the BEARS racing. It was almost enough to encourage me to pay the $350 MA licence fee and bring the Norton out to have a go at the Ducatis - we really must get single event licences for historic events.
I noticed that Rex has joined forces with Johnno, and there was a bit of intense consultation going on there. I saw Rex outbrake the Ducati at the end of the front straight, in a really convincing manner.
The BEARS races were interesting, it's always good to see the moderrn Ducatis racing, they are the natural development of what most of us raced in the olden days, and personally I don't feel they are any different in authenticity, than Rex's Hondas. It was really good to see Rex with a bit of decent competition - he certainly handled it well.
The small capacity two stroke races were pretty interesting. I noticed a few decent Yamaha TRs and TZs, good to see them back racing.
One thing I'd like to comment on, is the standard of preparation of the bikes at the meeting. Almost everything there had a good paint job and didn't leak oil. The bikes were a credit to the guys. The shed full of BEARS was a big drawcard. Some of the bikes - especially Darryl Bailey's 250 Ducati, Dennis Brown's Suzuki, and Bruce Kinnersley's Montesa are a real delight to see.
Max Hooper had a really nice Rickman Metisse with a 500cc Triumph Daytona engine, at the meeting. A really inspiring bike. I remember Rene Van Dinteren and Rod Tingate both racing these bikes in the sixties. Let's hope someone is inspired enough to build one these days.
Some of the outfits are on the improve. In particular the red Aerial 500 single went really well, and the blue Triumph twin ( built by Chris Large?) was really worth looking at.
Just a little point - The guys running the meeting need to reconsider the price of the program. I didn't buy one because I was too lousy to pay $5 for a few pages. It's really important that everyone attending the meeting gets a program, and probably a charge of $2 max, would be better, even if promoters make a loss on programs. The $10 charge to get into the meeting was probably a little low. There wasn't much of a crowd there on Saturday, however I predict involving the BEARS will help this aspect, if we can publicise.
I really believe this Vic Titles was a turning point for historic road racing.

Go to Top of Page

keith campbell
Level 3 Member

Victoria

248 Posts

Posted - 04 Dec 2003 :  09:54:12 AM  Show Profile Send keith campbell a Private Message  

Hippo Birdee Too Yoo Alan.I do recall seeing you on the w/end sorry we didnt catch up but maybe at the Island eh?What is on the agenda @ Winton 2004 regarding the meeting/s you have talked about?Are you gunna get something together and go around and around?Along with your contacts and enthusiasm for racing I reckon you could pull a few racers from their armchairs by giving them the lowdown on the class of racers putting on a great show at recent meetings that should excite them.What about it? cheers keith.
Go to Top of Page

keith campbell
Level 3 Member

Victoria

248 Posts

Posted - 04 Dec 2003 :  10:03:28 AM  Show Profile Send keith campbell a Private Message  

Also where will the results of the weekend be available?
Go to Top of Page

acotrel
Advanced Member

Victoria

2147 Posts

Posted - 04 Dec 2003 :  1:31:42 PM  Show Profile Send acotrel a Private Message  

Keith, If Wayne Gardener rides a manx at Phillip Island, I for one, hope you can get close enough to him to give him a hard time. Those old A Graders and International riders, need someone to beat, and if there's decent opposition, it seems to inspire them. Let's see if we can get some of them to come out of the woodwork.

Go to Top of Page

keith campbell
Level 3 Member

Victoria

248 Posts

Posted - 04 Dec 2003 :  2:04:53 PM  Show Profile Send keith campbell a Private Message  

Here Here Alan.Dont you worry,although all i want to do is race regardless but having a World Champ on the track cannot do anything but fire people up.Now what is the ratio for Nitro/Methanol again it seems to have slipped my mind?HAA HAA!
Go to Top of Page

acotrel
Advanced Member

Victoria

2147 Posts

Posted - 04 Dec 2003 :  4:23:09 PM  Show Profile Send acotrel a Private Message  

I wouldn't laugh too hard, nitro IS an option. Blakey used to use 15% in the Jesser Triumph, and Horsey certainly used it to good effect!

Go to Top of Page

john
Forum Moderator

Victoria

3130 Posts

Posted - 04 Dec 2003 :  9:25:11 PM  Show Profile Send john a Private Message  

Is this the Island section or the Vic Titles section Al.
Anyway the program takes 8 hours to prepare , costs $1350 to print 500 so get real and pay the $5 its almost cost price.Why should a spectator get subsidised? As a competitor who pays for every inch of moment I have no sympathy for lousy spectators who are not prepared to pay $5.

John Daley Sidecar #68
Go to Top of Page

David
Site Administrator

Australia

999 Posts

Posted - 04 Dec 2003 :  9:37:14 PM  Show Profile  Visit David's Homepage Send David a Private Message  

Sorry John,

But this to me puts me off if you are going to call spectators "lousy".
quote:
Originally posted by john
Why should a spectator get subsidised? As a competitor who pays for every inch of moment I have no sympathy for lousy spectators who are not prepared to pay $5.
I thought that you were there to promote the sport and encourage spectators to the meets and not call them names over $5 and discourage them.

I would of thought that a $10 fee for spectators would be reasonable, but not when they are called "lousy".

Regards,

David
Webmaster & Owner of Classic Motorcycling Australia

Quote: I thought I wanted a career, turns out I just wanted to be paid.
Go to Top of Page

acotrel
Advanced Member

Victoria

2147 Posts

Posted - 04 Dec 2003 :  10:52:25 PM  Show Profile Send acotrel a Private Message  

John, how about charging $15 entry to circuit, and handing out the program for free? Also a family entry of $35, and two free programs?
How many unused programs did you take home, last weekend?

Go to Top of Page

john
Forum Moderator

Victoria

3130 Posts

Posted - 05 Dec 2003 :  07:58:47 AM  Show Profile Send john a Private Message  

we took home 200. And we think our pricing is ok at this stage, but the extra price and a program is worth thinking about. I personally see no merit in handing out two programs to a family though. Thanks. Scotty I cabnt find the results on the For. X site

John Daley Sidecar #68
Go to Top of Page

keith campbell
Level 3 Member

Victoria

248 Posts

Posted - 08 Dec 2003 :  10:14:56 AM  Show Profile Send keith campbell a Private Message  

Mick get those wheels (fly) together and come out with the Matchy will you.Have a good Xmas and c.u. at the Island Keith.
P.S. Had a ball at B/Ford we'll do it again.
Go to Top of Page

john
Forum Moderator

Victoria

3130 Posts

Posted - 10 Dec 2003 :  09:25:55 AM  Show Profile Send john a Private Message  

David, I stand correctted with the use of "Lousy"

John Daley Sidecar #68
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Classic Motorcycling Australia Forums © 2000 - 2024 Go To Top Of Page
This page was put together in 0.95 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 by Classic Motorcycling Australia | Web design by: Greening Computer Services