Not registered? Then you're not seeing all there is to see. Do you want to contribute? Register now by clicking HERE!

Forums  

Advertise with us
Advertise with us

All Forums
 Classic, Historic & Post Classic Motorcycling
 Future Race Meetings
 Southern Classic 2004
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
  Current Topic Rating: Total Rating: 0 | Join the Forum to Rate this Topic at: Classic Motorcycling Australia Forums  

john
Forum Moderator

Victoria

3130 Posts

Posted - 14 Dec 2003 :  10:08:05 AM  Show Profile Send john a Private Message  

Plans for this meeting are rolling on. We have booked the track, permits will be applied for soon and I have asked MV to confirm the dates of 2/ 3 October 2004 are locked in so we cant have something the same weekend. Plans involve a one make club to manage the Rally, Period 1 bikes have been offerred to attend in some form. Other plans involve international visitors with particular machinery and as visitors. Plans are also underway to get the publicity spread as widely as we can, to ensure we have the best spectator crowd we can pull. The Swap meet is in hand and the TRade show area is something that needs palanning, if somebody can help here that would be great We are planning to expand the format we had in place last year. Camp ground improvement works are in hand. Broadford management have plans for the roads which may be inplace in time and upgrades to the track within peramiters are planned.

John Daley Sidecar #68
' there are those who do, those who dont do and those who undo. We must lampoon the latter."

acotrel
Advanced Member

Victoria

2147 Posts

Posted - 15 Dec 2003 :  06:58:28 AM  Show Profile Send acotrel a Private Message  

Are the BEARS being invited again? I reckon they are pretty good.

Is your machine authentic or merely eligible?
Go to Top of Page

keith campbell
Level 3 Member

Victoria

248 Posts

Posted - 15 Dec 2003 :  11:38:02 AM  Show Profile Send keith campbell a Private Message  

As per this years success I firmly beleive the ENTRANTS can do more and more toward the success of meetings especially where "SELECTING" when to ride due to -weather-track-cost-log book-travel distance-whatever come in to play."Motorcycle Racing is Dangerous" we are all told every meeting but "WHY THEN DO WE DO IT?" It has got to have something to do with enjoyment hasn't it?Yeah Yeah state the bleedin obvious o.k. but why dont all entrants take a little time to think about the future success of our sport and have an additional goal when going racing next year-(and beyond).MAKE AN ADDITIONAL EFFORT TO BRING SPECTATORS TO EACH MEETING YOU ENTER AND SUPPORT ALL OF THE ONES YOU DONT ENTER WITH POSITIVE WORD OF MOUTH.IF EVERY COMPETITOR PURSUES AN ATTITUDE THAT WITHOUT THEIR OWN EFFORTS, IN TIME OUR PASSION MAY NOT HAVE THE GREAT OPPORTUNITIES TO GO RACE BECAUSE THE CLUB'S GONE BROKE EVEN WITH THE OUTSIDE INTERVENTION OF BEARS,BUCKETS,GO CARTS.
THE LOCAL SHIRE WILL HOPEFULLY BE INVOLVED AGAIN.
THE BAND WAS A GREAT IDEA AND SUCCESS I RECKON.
THE FACILITIES ARE ALL THERE TO CAMP COMFORTABLY.
THE TRACK PROVIDES CLOSE RACING COMPARED TO THE BIG CIRCUITS.
IT IS ONLY 1HR FROM THE MELB.C.B.D.ON CRUISE CONTROL.

TO ALL @ HMRAV-KEEP UP THE BLOODY GOOD WORK AND 1 THINGS IS FOR SURE I WILL DO ALL I CAN TO PROMOTE OUR CLUB AND MEETINGS I HOPE OTHERS WILL DO LIKEWISELY.....CHEERS KEITH
Go to Top of Page

keith campbell
Level 3 Member

Victoria

248 Posts

Posted - 17 Dec 2003 :  10:54:01 AM  Show Profile Send keith campbell a Private Message  

John i want to talk to you re sponsorship for future events and do not know your number can you let me know,cheers keith.
Go to Top of Page

john
Forum Moderator

Victoria

3130 Posts

Posted - 17 Dec 2003 :  11:35:40 AM  Show Profile Send john a Private Message  

9888 5297

John Daley Sidecar #68
' there are those who do, those who dont do and those who undo. We must lampoon the latter."
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Classic Motorcycling Australia Forums © 2000 - 2024 Go To Top Of Page
This page was put together in 0.78 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 by Classic Motorcycling Australia | Web design by: Greening Computer Services