Not registered? Then you're not seeing all there is to see. Do you want to contribute? Register now by clicking HERE!

Forums  

Advertise with Classic Motorcycling Australia
Advertise with Classic Motorcycling Australia

All Forums
 Classic, Historic & Post Classic Motorcycling
 Future Race Meetings
 Pre Sale of Tickets?
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
  Current Topic Rating: Total Rating: 0 | Join the Forum to Rate this Topic at: Classic Motorcycling Australia Forums  

keith campbell
Level 3 Member

Victoria

248 Posts

Posted - 15 Dec 2003 :  6:39:35 PM  Show Profile Send keith campbell a Private Message  

G'day to all out there in racing land, I am on a bit of a promo bender at the minute and have an idea.....
What is stopping racers promoting our sport?
What can be done to improve entries?
What can be done to get more spectators?
What money in sponsorship can be brought to "classic" racing events?

If racers could pool ideas toward such questions there must be potential to acheive positive results!
What else can be done by all racers in our field to communicate ideas toward the future of a sport which provides great friendships,costly blow ups,hangovers,skun knuckles,and occasional trips to the hospital-feelings go out to Kal Carrick.
I would like to hear from people about any of the above regarding promotion of racing events.
I can be contacted at work on 03 9509 0277
" " " " home on 03 9500 0257
" " " mob on 0418 30 40 45
armadalehotel@bigpond.com.au
cambie@bigpond.com.au
If tou can't get me somehow leave a message and I'll get back to you!

As per the topic of this guff: Has the idea of selling tickets in advance for such meetings ever taken place?
Do any of you think such an idea has merit?
Would YOU buy extra tickets on entries for sale by yourself to others?
If you were contacted with reply paid post would you take the time to put pen to paper and give your views?
Should a suggestion box be at meetings for comments to be provided?
Should such comments be directed to M.A. or M.V. or organising Club?
Does it require one person to be paid to conduct such a survey at race meetings?
The list can only go on.................
Tell me what you think..................
All The Best for now Keith Campbell

john
Forum Moderator

Victoria

3130 Posts

Posted - 16 Dec 2003 :  12:10:58 PM  Show Profile Send john a Private Message  

I think the concept of getting involved is great. If everybody does a bit extra, the total improvement would be amazing. I tell all my customers about it and given some promo tickets out. Keith maybe get involved on the Historic management Committee to assist in an overall manner. Then get a sidecar.

John Daley Sidecar #68
' there are those who do, those who dont do and those who undo. We must lampoon the latter."
Go to Top of Page

keith campbell
Level 3 Member

Victoria

248 Posts

Posted - 17 Dec 2003 :  09:51:46 AM  Show Profile Send keith campbell a Private Message  

What is the Hist.Man.Comm?
Promo tickets?How many are used at each meeting?
How does one get those?
Go to Top of Page

acotrel
Advanced Member

Victoria

2147 Posts

Posted - 17 Dec 2003 :  7:31:55 PM  Show Profile Send acotrel a Private Message  

Keith, Your question - 'what can be done to improve entries?'.
I suggest we have to find a type of classic racer that can be easily homologated, then start a competition series.
These days a young guy entering motorcycle racing has a couple of easy options. - race a VFR400 or RS250 in the 400 races, or race an RS125. The reason these are attractive is that the bikes are easily maintainable, and the racing is close. In short, a big dollar doesn't make a big difference. That's not the case in most historic racing!
We have a few eligibility problems which can be a turn-off, as well.
I suggest we need to find an entry level class, for machines which are reasonably authentic, but equal in horsepower, handling and braking (regardless of 'period'). Success should depend mainly on the rider, not the bike!
As I've said before an Indian Enfield rolling chassis could be a good starting point. Where do we get them?

Is your machine authentic or merely eligible?
Go to Top of Page

john
Forum Moderator

Victoria

3130 Posts

Posted - 17 Dec 2003 :  10:10:11 PM  Show Profile Send john a Private Message  

The Historic Manageent Committee is charged with the role of manageing and promoting the discipline.
Just ask for a heap to give to people who may bring others along, currently I am looking for somebody to advertise on the back. Cost about $160

John Daley Sidecar #68
' there are those who do, those who dont do and those who undo. We must lampoon the latter."
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Classic Motorcycling Australia Forums © 2000 - 2024 Go To Top Of Page
This page was put together in 0.8 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 by Classic Motorcycling Australia | Web design by: Greening Computer Services