Not registered? Then you're not seeing all there is to see. Do you want to contribute? Register now by clicking HERE!

Forums  

Advertise with us
Advertise with us

All Forums
 Classic, Historic & Post Classic Motorcycling
 Future Race Meetings
 2004 Australian Historic Championships
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 8

Former Member
deleted

120 Posts

Posted - 13 Sep 2004 :  10:38:37 PM  

The old mans mate rang MA and asked what was going on. Ross Martin apparently told him he didn't know or really care and said they might be cancelled. Hard to work out whats happening coz you cant belive anything that comes out of MA these days and winton don't seem to know what there doing about anything or maybe like MA don't care. One thing is for sure this years title is in serious trouble, considering its turning into a joke maybe they should be canceled and run at Mac Park early next year.

Jayne
Go to Top of Page

Former Member
deleted

174 Posts

Posted - 14 Sep 2004 :  01:46:27 AM  

If this is correct Snoozer the I am utterly disgusted and believe that sort of attitude will totally shag historic racing as we know it.
Could Ross Martin clarify his thoughts on this matter.
I thought Motorcycling Australia was a governing body that promotes motorcycling,but as it is turning out its quite the opposite.
I will be making a call or 3 about this one!!!

Its not what you ride,Its how fast you ride it!!!
Go to Top of Page

steve
Level 2 Member

Queensland

86 Posts

Posted - 14 Sep 2004 :  12:02:58 PM  Show Profile Send steve a Private Message  

Hi All
I'm with Allen from "WA" here in Qld are in the same boat, we have to start organizing transport for our bikes & how to get drive/fly etc etc & where to stay???
If MA or the people running the titles cannot agree!! it's ok for people who are close by in "Vic" with there comments!! but we still need time to organize the trip & the fellows in NT as in WA are all in the same boat. No one has explained why the club got the titles anyhow over the others!! there were 5,6 or more who there hands in the air but went to "Vic" With the Titles here in QLD "99" the go ahead was a week & 1/2 before the event that it was approved. I hope it's not going to be the same down South as lots of interstaters won't be bothered.
Steve Queensland "My Comments Only"
Go to Top of Page

john
Forum Moderator

Victoria

3130 Posts

Posted - 14 Sep 2004 :  12:20:09 PM  Show Profile Send john a Private Message  

I spoke with Ross Martin today who has advised the following," I expect that the two additional changes to the Supp. Regs will be agreed too within a day or so. And that the approved regs will be in the post within a day or so. He did say that he expects the BEARS to be included"

John Daley Sidecar #68
' there are those who do, those who dont do and those who undo. We must lampoon the latter."
Go to Top of Page

Former Member
deleted

174 Posts

Posted - 14 Sep 2004 :  3:07:49 PM  

If the changes to the Supp Regs are happening then the event should be going ahead.Would this be a reasonable assumption?
Hope so.
mmmmmmm bears!!!

Go to Top of Page

Alan
Forum Moderator

Western Australia

353 Posts

Posted - 14 Sep 2004 :  9:19:03 PM  Show Profile Send Alan a Private Message  

Interesting running Bears at a National Historic Championship, We had difficulty running just Historic Classes over 3 days and Winton are going to include Bears and achieve it all in 2 days, does this mean we will be having a reduced programme or are we going to run under lights. Maybe practice and or qualifying can be eliminated. Sorry its my cynical side coming out.
Being serious about this I cannot see all classes getting reasonable track time in a 2 day meet especially as there should be far greater fields than we experienced in WA last year. The race programme could make for an interesting read.
Alan
Go to Top of Page

john
Forum Moderator

Victoria

3130 Posts

Posted - 15 Sep 2004 :  08:23:38 AM  Show Profile Send john a Private Message  

As I meant to be clear about. Ross indicated that the Supp Regs will be in the post to competitors today or tommorow. I anticipate a reduced number of rides, other than that I have no more info at the moment and I guess we all need to wait a few more days.

John Daley Sidecar #68
' there are those who do, those who dont do and those who undo. We must lampoon the latter."
Go to Top of Page

acotrel
Advanced Member

Victoria

2147 Posts

Posted - 15 Sep 2004 :  09:23:14 AM  Show Profile Send acotrel a Private Message  

I don't think the comment about 'a reduced number of rides' is correct. I'll try to get a statement posted this afternoon, with a link to the regs.

Is your machine authentic or merely eligible?
Go to Top of Page

acotrel
Advanced Member

Victoria

2147 Posts

Posted - 15 Sep 2004 :  7:11:46 PM  Show Profile Send acotrel a Private Message  

Most of the major outstanding issues have been resolved, expect regs to be available by Friday 15th September.

Go to Top of Page

Alan
Forum Moderator

Western Australia

353 Posts

Posted - 16 Sep 2004 :  10:36:17 PM  Show Profile Send Alan a Private Message  

So where will we be able to access the regs?
I am still keen to see how we will get more than two ride per class plus practice/qualifying.

Alan sidecar21 WA
Go to Top of Page

acotrel
Advanced Member

Victoria

2147 Posts

Posted - 17 Sep 2004 :  7:33:21 PM  Show Profile Send acotrel a Private Message  

Alan, The regs for the championships are now available from Winton Motor Raceway on (03) 5766 4235. You might direct your questions about the number of events there. I believe the total number of races over the three days is about 38, and this doesn't include practice or qualifying.
Note: from Monday the regs should be available at You must be logged in to see this link.

Go to Top of Page

john
Forum Moderator

Victoria

3130 Posts

Posted - 20 Sep 2004 :  3:37:03 PM  Show Profile Send john a Private Message  

I have forwarded a copy of the supp regs to David for publication

John Daley Sidecar #68
Go to Top of Page

acotrel
Advanced Member

Victoria

2147 Posts

Posted - 20 Sep 2004 :  5:02:40 PM  Show Profile Send acotrel a Private Message  

thanks JOhn, I had a look for them on Friday Night, but couldn't find them. Would you please put a link into a nessage on this forum, I'd like to be able to onforward it to someone from WA

Go to Top of Page

David
Site Administrator

Australia

999 Posts

Posted - 20 Sep 2004 :  5:49:15 PM  Show Profile  Visit David's Homepage Send David a Private Message  

Please find a copy of the Sup Regs for November thanks to John Daley. I have them as a PDF file, so you need to have Adobe Acrobat Reader to veiw them:

Download Attachment: You must be logged in to see this link.
158.73 KB

Regards,

David
Webmaster & Owner of Classic Motorcycling Australia

Quote: I thought I wanted a career, turns out I just wanted to be paid.
Go to Top of Page

Former Member
deleted

120 Posts

Posted - 21 Sep 2004 :  12:56:39 AM  

Guys are asking if there is a race schedule available anywhere so they can see whos mixed in with who and how much time the bears are going to take up. anyone know if ones available anywhere.

Jayne
Go to Top of Page

john
Forum Moderator

Victoria

3130 Posts

Posted - 21 Sep 2004 :  12:56:46 PM  Show Profile Send john a Private Message  

I would ask Winton raceway email heather@wintonraceway.com.au

John Daley Sidecar #68
Go to Top of Page

acotrel
Advanced Member

Victoria

2147 Posts

Posted - 21 Sep 2004 :  6:53:18 PM  Show Profile Send acotrel a Private Message  

The Supplementary Regs for the meeting are available at:
You must be logged in to see this link.

Go to Top of Page

acotrel
Advanced Member

Victoria

2147 Posts

Posted - 21 Sep 2004 :  6:59:11 PM  Show Profile Send acotrel a Private Message  

Jayne, I'd appreciate if you would put the answer you get from Winton about the BEARS on this forum. I'm sure they will acquaint you with the realities of this meeting.

Go to Top of Page

Patrick
Level 3 Member

Victoria

314 Posts

Posted - 21 Sep 2004 :  8:07:09 PM  Show Profile Send Patrick a Private Message  

Maybe Alan they also will say how Winton got $120,000 from the state to build a new entrance gateway [unused] and then have to ask the SCB [riders licence fees] to cough up 2/3 of the cost of Air Fence so that bike racing will continue.
Go to Top of Page

Former Member
deleted

120 Posts

Posted - 21 Sep 2004 :  8:43:55 PM  

Alan i would like to put our new found friendship to the test, if you're working for winton on the titles then i imagine you've got the race sched, which is surprising people that it didn't come with the mailed entry. you should be able to put it up tonite and maybe also answer the thing you raised about the realities of the meeting, i'm not sure what you mean by that. so you know what people are saying, its the most costly historic event yet to enter but looks like it will have the least track time so it can make way for the moderns and the island classic in jan is way cheaper. their words not mine . over to you.

Jayne
Go to Top of Page

Former Member
deleted

174 Posts

Posted - 22 Sep 2004 :  02:20:46 AM  

Just wondering whos pockets are getting lined with the Pit garage cash cow!!!
$330 for a garage is a bloody joke,and disgusting and....as for the entry thats another issue in its self.
Compare that to $35 for a Broady shed.I know where Id rather go, and I can even get two track days aswell with the money saved.
Whats the go with the entrance?Is it not the right color?Shape?Or just lose the key to the padlock?
I know a locksmith....

Go to Top of Page

David
Site Administrator

Australia

999 Posts

Posted - 22 Sep 2004 :  07:20:11 AM  Show Profile  Visit David's Homepage Send David a Private Message  

They are also available here... As I said 3 messages before your reply Alan...
quote:
Originally posted by acotrel

The Supplementary Regs for the meeting are available at:
You must be logged in to see this link.

Regards,

David
Webmaster & Owner of Classic Motorcycling Australia

Quote: I thought I wanted a career, turns out I just wanted to be paid.
Go to Top of Page

Former Member
deleted

120 Posts

Posted - 22 Sep 2004 :  5:11:46 PM  

Alan the silence is deafining. is there a race sched and whats the bears story. winton track dont want to talk, seems like a real sore point with them. if noone knows whats going on or why they might be like us and go elsewhere.

Jayne
Go to Top of Page

acotrel
Advanced Member

Victoria

2147 Posts

Posted - 22 Sep 2004 :  9:24:28 PM  Show Profile Send acotrel a Private Message  

Of course there's a race schedule. It's an MA requirement. There are very good reasons for running BEARS at this meeting, not the least being the clash of dates with the meeting at PI.

Go to Top of Page

mboddy
Level 2 Member

Australian Capital Territory

26 Posts

Posted - 23 Sep 2004 :  08:43:18 AM  Show Profile Send mboddy a Private Message  

After receiving the entry form yesterday and seeing that they had combined the 250, 350, 500 and Unlimited Forgotten Era Classes, I send the following email to Winton Raceway:

I received the Supplementary Regulations and Entry Form for the Australian Historic Road Race Championship today.

I am totally overcome with disappointment.
I have looked forward to this meeting all year.
Every morning when I get up I think about it.
Every day at the gym I think about it.
I have arranged the whole year around this meeting.
My whole budgeting, fitness and strategy for the years race meetings revolves around this meeting.

But after getting the entry form I don't think that I will be going.
And most racers in the two main classes that I compete in will probably decide the same.

Most people racing in these classes race both 250 and 350 classes.
This meeting will cost me between $1500 and $2000 to compete in.
I am not going to outlay this much for 3 races on one bike only.
When I raced at the 2002 Australian Championships in SA I entered 3 bikes.
I finished 2nd in 250 Forgotten Era, 350 Forgotten Era and 500 Forgotten Era.

When you look at the size of the 350 Forgotten Era grids at meetings such as this years Island Classic you will see that you should have no problem running 350 Forgotten Era by itself. This class just continues to grow.
Also, this year Yamaha started remanufacturing pistons for the TZ250 which is the main 250 Forgotten Era bike. This will result in more of these bikes on the grid.

If you must combine entries then consider running 250 Forgotten Era with 250 Post Classic and 500 Forgotten Era with 500 Post Classic. 350 Forgotten Era should have the numbers to run on its own.

After the entry form that you have sent out I believe that you will need to contact the 250 and 350 Forgotten Era competitors either directly or via Motorcycle News or Motorcycle Trader magazine in order to get them to reconsider their entry. Without you doing something like this I believe that your entries in these classes will be much reduced.

Please seriously consider what I have said.
It may not be too late to sort this out.

Yours sincerely,
Mark Boddy.

Edited by - mboddy on 23 Sep 2004 09:18:24 AM
Go to Top of Page

john
Forum Moderator

Victoria

3130 Posts

Posted - 23 Sep 2004 :  10:50:50 AM  Show Profile Send john a Private Message  

Mark I have started a topic on classes elsewhere. I would be interested to have your views about the matter discuused more clearly on that topic. Also, since we promote the Southern Classic, Vic Titles etc we are looking for ways to improve the meting to get more bikes. Can you put something on the other topic please?

John Daley Sidecar #68
Go to Top of Page

acotrel
Advanced Member

Victoria

2147 Posts

Posted - 23 Sep 2004 :  6:30:50 PM  Show Profile Send acotrel a Private Message  

Mark, Jayne asked the question about the schedule of events for the HIstoric Champs. A schedule of events was submitted to MA, however it is subject to change in consideration of entries received. If the classes indicated on the entry form are oversubscribed, they will certainly be broken down into smaller groups. I suggest it is important to have a reasonable number of machines in each grid, this is a good reason to combine classes.. If you want to run both 250 and 350 machines in a particular period, and there is a problem with the entry form, please enclose a note describing what you want with your entry. I'm sure Winton will try to satisfy you.
I suggest we should try to avoid ascribing negative connotations to the Supp. Regs. Winton Motor Raceway is committed to making this meeting a good one.
P.S. Winton staff have a lot of experience running meetings, both for bikes and cars. Heather Wallace in particular is a competent race secretary, with a lot of experience.

Go to Top of Page

Former Member
deleted

120 Posts

Posted - 23 Sep 2004 :  8:02:52 PM  

Lets read between the lines here, this meeting is in serious trouble an MA and winton are doing squat to sort it out and Ross Martin has already said he doesn't care, it even looks like they are leaving it to poor Alan to save there ****s. no one is going to send money off to enter a race that might not happen or will be mixed with a race for their other bike and we all know the chances of gettin your money back. if they've screwed up by putting in the bears and now cant run the historic title like it should be run then dump the modern stuff and save some face, let them find some other meeting that wants them coz if you read thru things here its pretty obvious they not wanted. if winton really think they are competent enogh to run a meeting like this then show the guys the race sched and prove it or risk forever being branded amaters. bike clubs should run bike meetings.

Jayne
Go to Top of Page

Allan
Site Moderator

National

599 Posts

Posted - 24 Sep 2004 :  05:28:41 AM  Show Profile  Visit Allan's Homepage Send Allan a Private Message  

why is winton much much more costly than the 12th annual at PI entrie pi $165 winton $200 sheds pI $170 winton $330 come winton be fair to the sport and not just a profit making org. take a leaf out of PI ......

Allan Greening
Go to Top of Page

acotrel
Advanced Member

Victoria

2147 Posts

Posted - 24 Sep 2004 :  09:42:40 AM  Show Profile Send acotrel a Private Message  

The charges for pit sheds at Winton are the same for this meeting as for any other - and that includes Superbikes, Formula Extreme and any car meeting.
If you have problems, please write or send an email to Winton Motor Raceway Pty Ltd.
All outstanding issues about regs etc have been resolved. All it takes now is for you guys to put in your entries, and come and enjoy the meeting.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 8 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Classic Motorcycling Australia Forums © 2000 - 2024 Go To Top Of Page
This page was put together in 0.91 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 by Classic Motorcycling Australia | Web design by: Greening Computer Services