Not registered? Then you're not seeing all there is to see. Do you want to contribute? Register now by clicking HERE!

Forums  

Advertise with us
Advertise with us

All Forums
 Classic, Historic & Post Classic Motorcycling
 Future Race Meetings
 2004 Australian Historic Championships
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 8

john
Forum Moderator

Victoria

3130 Posts

Posted - 02 Nov 2004 :  07:11:13 AM  Show Profile Send john a Private Message  

Winton has published the title events as below;
Vinatge Unlimites
Classic 350, 500
Post Classic 250, 350, 500,Unlimited
Forgotten Era 350, Unlimited
Post Classic Sidecar

Note also that the tickets are to be picked up from the credentials office which is a small brick building on the left hand side of the road, against the fence about 100 meters short of the main gate.
You will need to get everything there before being permitted in the gate.

Also there are extra requirements about the amount of fuel you can keep in the pit shed. Max. 2 x 20 litre with the others being stored in a designated area or in your trailer, away from the pit area. This is a new Worksafe Victoria requirement.

John Daley Sidecar #68
' there are those who do, those who dont do and those who undo. We must lampoon the latter."

Edited by - john on 03 Nov 2004 5:50:57 PM
Go to Top of Page

Alan
Forum Moderator

Western Australia

353 Posts

Posted - 02 Nov 2004 :  11:29:05 PM  Show Profile Send Alan a Private Message  

John, I hope you are right about the Post Classic Sidecars but the Final Instructions I received today say they are a support class so dont know where the other entries have come from.
Is this fuel thing for real 2 containers per shed!!!!!!! We have around 17 bikes in our two sheds and our unbderstanding was the fuel restrictionwas per team not per shed. This is not workable, even if riders were happy sharing fuel you could have three different fuels required for each race in some cases, Unleaded, Avgas and Methanol. I hope common sense will prevail on this one or there is no point in sharing garages etc.
If you want to discuss another problem I emailed Heather yesterday to try to get access to the track at 1.00pm on Thursday to get a fork lift truck in so we can unload our container as the final instructions say we cant get in until 3.00pm. Guess what, yes you are right no reply and from tomorrow morning we are leaving for that great state of yours so wont have a clue what is going to happen on Thursday. One thing I do know is that if we end up having to send the fork away there will be a very angry WA contingent as we cannot unload by hand. I for one will just withdraw from the meeting although I cannot speak for the others. Going back to last year we shared the cost of a fork lift with the NSW competitors who also allowed the SA club to use the fork. This is what Historic Racing is about helping each other rather than obstructing.
The tv ad covers this meeting quite well. BUGGER
Off to bed now to dream of peace in racing land.
Alan Sidecar 21 WA
Go to Top of Page

john
Forum Moderator

Victoria

3130 Posts

Posted - 03 Nov 2004 :  07:55:25 AM  Show Profile Send john a Private Message  

A later entry was delivered.
Fuel is correct but you will be able to have some slack in the arrangements, ie 2 cans per competitor but the rest must be stored elaewhere.
I dont think you will get 17 machines into a pit shed anyway.
Try Heather again, if you did not get an answer. Dont wory before you have a refusal.

John Daley Sidecar #68
' there are those who do, those who dont do and those who undo. We must lampoon the latter."

Edited by - john on 03 Nov 2004 07:56:13 AM
Go to Top of Page

Former Member
deleted

120 Posts

Posted - 03 Nov 2004 :  1:28:49 PM  

Thats some good news about the posty sidecars, no so good news about wintons continuing incompetance. we've just heard though that you'll probably be able to do anything want coz they've got noone to staff the event, no flaggies etc, will be like a club day. at least if the riders end up running the event it will be fun again.

Jayne
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 8 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Classic Motorcycling Australia Forums © 2000 - 2024 Go To Top Of Page
This page was put together in 0.75 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 by Classic Motorcycling Australia | Web design by: Greening Computer Services