Not registered? Then you're not seeing all there is to see. Do you want to contribute? Register now by clicking HERE!

Forums  

Advertise with Classic Motorcycling Australia
Advertise with Classic Motorcycling Australia

All Forums
 Promotion Area of Historic/Classic/Post Classic
 Future Race Meetings
 Historic Titles 2005
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

john
Forum Moderator

Victoria

3130 Posts

Posted - 17 Nov 2004 :  07:53:55 AM  Show Profile Send john a Private Message  

I contacted M Tassy yesterday to ask about the club that was applying. They could not tell me anything they did not know. So we need to keep trying, it may be the Sporting club because the other 9 clubs in Tassy seem to be Moto X types.

John Daley Sidecar #68
' there are those who do, those who dont do and those who undo. We must lampoon the latter."

Edited by - john on 17 Nov 2004 6:27:00 PM
Go to Top of Page

Former Member
deleted

72 Posts

Posted - 17 Nov 2004 :  5:39:01 PM  

i sure hope this meeting can be held in mid summer.
ive experienced the cold and wet of this island plenty of times and wouldnt relish the idea of a meeting held in late october or mid november...
otherwise allow a few day extra for rain delays !!

There are those who do, those who used to do and those who never did..
why is this 3rd group always trying to convince everyone they know best?
Go to Top of Page

David
Site Administrator

Australia

999 Posts

Posted - 22 Nov 2004 :  3:46:43 PM  Show Profile  Visit David's Homepage Send David a Private Message  

OK, I approached the Spirt of Tasmainia crowd and this is the response they sent back:
quote:
-----Original Message-----
Sent: Monday, 22 November 2004 11:56 AM
To: Webmaster @ Classic Motorcycling Australia
Subject: Your sponsorship application

Dear David

Re: Your sponsorship request

Thank you for your email seeking Spirit of Tasmania’s assistance to provide special fares.

Your request for support has been given detailed consideration by our management team, however, I regret that we are unable to provide assistance at this time.

Spirit of Tasmania is already heavily committed to sponsorship programs in Tasmania and Victoria. The company sponsors the Tourism Council of Tasmania, an important contributor to the further development of tourism in Tasmania, and supports a wide variety of worthwhile charities and organisations including the Make a Wish Foundation and the Heart Foundation.

David, I am sure you would appreciate that Spirit of Tasmania receives many hundreds of sponsorship requests each year. While the company would like to assist all worthwhile projects, regrettably we must make judgements in accordance with the available budget.

Once again, thank you for contacting us and I wish you well with your future endeavours.

Yours sincerely

Caroline de Guingand
as per

Melindy Green
National Manager Passenger Sales and Marketing and
Manager Corporate Communications
Looks like there is no special deals from them, but may approach container companies and airlines and see what they can do. Just may need to change my tack in what I am asking for. (at least it doesn't hurt to ask..)

Regards,

David
Webmaster & Owner of Classic Motorcycling Australia

Quote: I thought I wanted a career, turns out I just wanted to be paid.
Go to Top of Page

matcho mick
Advanced Member

New South Wales

570 Posts

Posted - 22 Nov 2004 :  11:03:54 PM  Show Profile  Visit matcho mick's Homepage Send matcho mick a Private Message  

Hi David,maybe "group concessions" has a better ring to it than sponsorship?,explaining that 200 'plus" people are intending to cross over might sway/ease their purse strings somewhat?
Go to Top of Page

matcho mick
Advanced Member

New South Wales

570 Posts

Posted - 22 Nov 2004 :  11:06:21 PM  Show Profile  Visit matcho mick's Homepage Send matcho mick a Private Message  

bugger!,missed the bit about special fares!
Go to Top of Page

Former Member
deleted

120 Posts

Posted - 02 Dec 2004 :  7:12:03 PM  

The silence if deafening. You'd expect an announcement by now from someone about next years titles and that someone should be MA. They totally screwed up this years titles and left most guys with the opinion they are complete incompetants. Now they should eat humble pie and show guys that they can do the job theyre paid to do. With Ross Martin finally being moved sideways the door is open to have a great event (again). So come on MA where is it going to be and when.

Jayne
Go to Top of Page

Alan
Forum Moderator

Western Australia

353 Posts

Posted - 02 Dec 2004 :  11:15:58 PM  Show Profile Send Alan a Private Message  

For those that are getting impatient maybe you could wake up your memory cells. David White posted on here that there were issues with Tasmania being allocated the 2005 Championships and if my memory serves me well said they had until the end of November to resolve those issues. To think that MA could make a public statement by the 2nd of this month is totally unrealistic no matter what you think of them. Maybe a better posting would have been to ask if anyone had heard anything to date rather than just slinging off without just cause.
For my money I hope it does get resolved sooner rather than later especially if it is in Tassie or even Queensland as we in the West would appreciate a long lead in time to get ourseves organised. The Nullabor is a bonus to us as it keeps you Eastern Staters away most of the time but it doesnt help our racing aspirations.
Snoozers comment about Ross Martin is interesting, is it an educated guess or does she have inside information?
Alan Sidecar 21 WA
Go to Top of Page

David
Site Administrator

Australia

999 Posts

Posted - 13 Dec 2004 :  5:50:45 PM  Show Profile  Visit David's Homepage Send David a Private Message  

We should all expect an annoucment with in the next 2 weeks on if Tas has the 2005 Titles or not, but I do know that it will not be going to Winton for 2005.

As soon as I am told, I will post it on the site, unless others can provide evidence sooner...

Regards,

David

Go to Top of Page

David
Site Administrator

Australia

999 Posts

Posted - 05 Jan 2005 :  9:42:01 PM  Show Profile  Visit David's Homepage Send David a Private Message  

Yesterday (Tuesday 4th Jan 2005) I sent an e-mail to David White, Brian Payne & Ross Martin from MA asking for a response on the 2005 Historic Titles and I know 2 of them have read the e-mail.

They have currently not responded to my request on if the 2005 Historic Titles are going to be held in Tas or where they will be held. Obviously MA do not care when they annouce it, or if they get people there if they are still not going to release where and when the titles will be held.

Come on MA, what is the go? Are you going to keep us all in the dark like mushrooms?

Regards,

David

Go to Top of Page

David
Site Administrator

Australia

999 Posts

Posted - 18 Jan 2005 :  11:40:29 AM  Show Profile  Visit David's Homepage Send David a Private Message  

OK, I got a response from David White (7th Jan) apologising and he would get back to me the following Monday and we would be the first to know, and a reply from Ross Martin (10th Jan) who just got back from leave and was going to talk to David about it.

I have since sent David White another 2 emails about this on the 11th Jan & the 18th Jan with no responces again. It appears that MA would like to keep all of us in the dark with what is going on.

If I am going about this the wrong way, then someone tell me which way to do it, as MA don't seem to give a rats about it. No wonder race & spectator fields are down.

Regards,

David

Go to Top of Page

Alan
Forum Moderator

Western Australia

353 Posts

Posted - 18 Jan 2005 :  11:42:15 PM  Show Profile Send Alan a Private Message  

By strange coincidence I spoke to Ross Martin today who couldnt help me with any further details on this years Championships. David White is on leave for the rest of this week so nothing will be announced as yet.
At this late stage I would put money on it being in Tassie or possibly not being held at all. I cant see another club or organisation picking up the reins at this time and being able to organise sponsorship, venue, supp regs, publicity etc and still run an acceptable meeting.
I can say that we in WA would attempt it but we wouldnt get a three day weekend at Wanneroo now as the track is fully booked. The other issue of course would be getting peoples travel and holiday plans sorted.
We live in hope.

Alan Sidecar 21 WA
Go to Top of Page

Former Member
deleted

15 Posts

Posted - 19 Jan 2005 :  12:02:47 AM  

Alan , you're back. Turn on your mobile phone will you.
Go to Top of Page

Alan
Forum Moderator

Western Australia

353 Posts

Posted - 19 Jan 2005 :  8:41:07 PM  Show Profile Send Alan a Private Message  

Back? Havent been anywhere,was going to the Island Classic but they only have room for two wheels not real racers, mobile no for anyone who wants to abuse me personally is 0407 886 141

Alan Sidecar 21 WA
Go to Top of Page

Former Member
deleted

15 Posts

Posted - 22 Jan 2005 :  5:04:18 PM  

Tried the phone number on the back of the HCMC newsletter , just recorded message. Anyway Alan, some of the questions I wanted to ask you have just been answered above about Tassie 2005.
It's not looking good I see. If they do not go ahead and someone else takes it up ?? does the date still remain the same ( first week in November ? ) or is it just coincidence that this date has been used the last couple of years. MA take note--- some of us participants have to plan ahead well in advance for leave etc.

Ken. W.A.
Go to Top of Page

Former Member
deleted

120 Posts

Posted - 25 Jan 2005 :  1:11:24 PM  

Last year a few warnings were given about the competancy of the MA office staff, a lot of you chose to ignore it or suck up to MA thinking they would do the right thing in the end. the 2004 titles were great wern't they, MA at its golden best. well its happening again. MA is attempting to torpedo the 2005 titles in tassie. the reason is that david white and ross martin were made to look like idiots last year, ross martin over his general inability to achieve anything and david white over being told to piss off with his doomsday philosophy. watch what happens from here on in, no 2005 titles is there petty way of getting back at people and the commish will be stacked with morons who believe in them so they get there personal crap in the rule book.

Jayne
Go to Top of Page

john
Forum Moderator

Victoria

3130 Posts

Posted - 26 Jan 2005 :  09:33:49 AM  Show Profile Send john a Private Message  

Snoozer I think your claims are too outlandish.
Its easy to sit back and belittle the efforts of all those who try and get racing going.
I recognise things are not perfect, but at least we are having ago and trying to get improvements.
May I suggest you get involved and then we can see the benefit of your wisdom.We can use the time we save to get our own bikes going instead of missing a meeting or too.
May I ask that you get something happenning say within 8 months and we will then learn our to improve our efforts to your high standards

John Daley Sidecar #68
' there are those who do, those who dont do and those who undo. We must lampoon the latter."
Go to Top of Page

Former Member
deleted

120 Posts

Posted - 26 Jan 2005 :  4:19:30 PM  

John you are really starting to scare us, are you answering what I just posted or something completely different. do you now think MA is doing a good job of managing our sport, have you been offered a job on the commish by Ross Martin. MA are not going to support the 2005 titles, get it into your head, or perhaps you dont give a stuff becoz theyre not in viccy and your not personally involved (woops, now you'll have to ask David to censor me again for having a go at you). I rekon you should ask yourseld and your club if you are selling out to MA, coz it sure looks like you are. and tell us, who did I belittle apart from david white and ross martin?

Jayne
Go to Top of Page

Alan
Forum Moderator

Western Australia

353 Posts

Posted - 26 Jan 2005 :  11:43:38 PM  Show Profile Send Alan a Private Message  

Jayne its about time you grew up and started making proper comments on here or just go away. You have made many claims in the past a lot of which have proven to be unfounded. The real issue though is that your type of personal attack and it doesnt matter who you are attcking does no good for this site and our sport. Either be more constructive and accurate or just go away and leave us in peace.

Alan Sidecar 21 WA
Go to Top of Page

Former Member
deleted

120 Posts

Posted - 27 Jan 2005 :  09:25:04 AM  

yes please no personal attack's

Jayne

Edited by - Allan on 28 Jan 2005 08:13:15 AM
Go to Top of Page

john
Forum Moderator

Victoria

3130 Posts

Posted - 27 Jan 2005 :  1:00:17 PM  Show Profile Send john a Private Message  

PERSONAL COMMENT HERE>
Jayne, abuse is not a good way to get results.
I resent your comment that if we are not being rude we must be ignoring it or sucking up to MA, its a cheap shot.
I am not trying to get my name in the rule book.
I am not trying to get into the good books with MA.
I am not trying to become a National Commissioner.
I dont agree with many of the actions in the recent past.
I know that belitteling somebody and then asking them to change an opinion has never worked for me.
I know that in my experience abuse and ridicule has not got a single thing changed.
I have been in touch with MA on behalf of riders who want things settled.
I have no problem with the Nationals not coming to Vic.
"Making MA accountable is a wonderful Motherhood statement", tell us one thing that has been resolved, tell us one thing that has been changed by your approach.
I and others think to the future and seek to get results for everybody, we have achieved some things which will become apparent over time.
So I still challenge you to plan, promote and run a meeting with your mates and use you energy to get a result rather than get your jollies off with abuse.

Sure things are not perfect, but I believe there are better ways to get a result than your techniques, methods which are " not in your face" but use procedures in place.

Yes your post always gets a read, but tell me of one item that has improved because of your approach.

John Daley Sidecar #68
Go to Top of Page

Former Member
deleted

120 Posts

Posted - 27 Jan 2005 :  5:55:04 PM  

Well just one complaint and it's out

Jayne

Edited by - Allan on 28 Jan 2005 08:02:39 AM
Go to Top of Page

Alan
Forum Moderator

Western Australia

353 Posts

Posted - 27 Jan 2005 :  11:22:25 PM  Show Profile Send Alan a Private Message  

Until Jayne is moderated in a proper manner I will not be contributing to this site any more. I will join the many others who have given up trying to be rational around her.
I will continue to watch this site with interest.
Alan Sidecar 21 WA
Go to Top of Page

Allan
Site Moderator

National

599 Posts

Posted - 28 Jan 2005 :  08:48:13 AM  Show Profile  Visit Allan's Homepage Send Allan a Private Message  

Jayne just if you wwnt to know "who" I am, well I asked David how I could start a "forum" for the good of "CLASSIC MOTORCYCLING" David being my "billy lid" and playing with P/C's this FORUM was started !!
Yes I have had problem's with the way things were run "but' never have taken it out on a "personal attact" on others So I would expect "OTHER" to take the same manner Tu

Allan Greening
Go to Top of Page

honda
Level 1 Member

Victoria

7 Posts

Posted - 24 Feb 2005 :  08:21:51 AM  Show Profile Send honda a Private Message  

Go get em jayne
Go to Top of Page

Alan
Forum Moderator

Western Australia

353 Posts

Posted - 14 Mar 2005 :  12:47:03 AM  Show Profile Send Alan a Private Message  

I have finally made contact with someone in Tasmania that knows what or to be more precise isnt happening. As we all know the Champs are scheduled for 25.26,27 November, the venues have been inspected but as is no surprise 3 or 4 weeks later they still dont know what the score is. I have suggested to them that they follow up with MA rather than wait as sometimes communications from head ofice arent as prompt as we would like. Anyway the long and short of it is that nothing has happened and if it doesnt happen soon it will be too late. Then we might all have to apologise to Snoozer.
There is of course the fall back sitution in NSW but this would be in October and is an even shorter time frame.
Anyway thats all I know for now and will keep you all posted if anything new turns up.

Alan Sidecar 21 WA
Go to Top of Page

john
Forum Moderator

Victoria

3130 Posts

Posted - 14 Mar 2005 :  7:45:34 PM  Show Profile Send john a Private Message  

NSW have a Nov. date available.

John Daley Sidecar #68
Go to Top of Page

David
Site Administrator

Australia

999 Posts

Posted - 20 Apr 2005 :  5:52:33 PM  Show Profile  Visit David's Homepage Send David a Private Message  

Just got this in the e-mail from Motorcycling Australia:
quote:

For immediate release

April 20, 2005

Hello all,

Motorcycling Australia (MA) is pleased to confirm that the 2005 Australian Historic Road Race Championship will be held at Symmons Plains Raceway in Tasmania from November 25-27.

Following an initial track inspection and follow-up negotiations, the operator of Symmons Plains Raceway, Motorsports Tasmania, will upgrade the circuit to MA requirements before the championship is held.

Supplementary regulations and entry forms for the championship will be available in July.

-ENDS-

For more information, contact:

Mark Fattore
Media Manager
Motorcycling Australia
147 Montague Street (PO Box 134)
South Melbourne, Vic 3205
Tel: +61 (0)3 9684 0503
Mobile: +61 (0)400 055 077
We now have a fixed venue.

Regards,

David

Go to Top of Page

Alan
Forum Moderator

Western Australia

353 Posts

Posted - 21 Apr 2005 :  10:50:05 PM  Show Profile Send Alan a Private Message  

Terrific, at least we now know where and when. It is a bit late in the day for some but the challenge now is to make this meeting work. If we the competitors do not support this event we will be in danger of falling into the trap that Vintage Motocross is in with no Championships having being held for 2 or 3 years. Ron Kivovitch is on record as having stated that MA doesnt believe that National Championships are justified for Historic Racing. This information came directly from a South Australian who attended the Island Classic.
We must support this event to prove to everyone that we are a serious and committed bunch of competitors so lets get off our collective backsides and get to work.
If anyone is aware of who the organising club is and the contact details please post it on here so we can make contact with them to find out the answers to the questions that will inevitably arise.
We have somewhere around 12 competitors who have said they are going from WA, how are the rest of you going?

Alan Sidecar 21 WA
Go to Top of Page

keith campbell
Level 3 Member

Victoria

248 Posts

Posted - 26 Apr 2005 :  11:08:54 AM  Show Profile Send keith campbell a Private Message  

Mal "Wally" Campbell was very vocal at the Winton Titles Meeting 2004.Hopefully he will be able to use his influence in the scene to promote some progress asap. Does anyone know how to contact him directly?
Go to Top of Page

Alan
Forum Moderator

Western Australia

353 Posts

Posted - 26 Apr 2005 :  10:38:41 PM  Show Profile Send Alan a Private Message  

You could try Brook Henry at Vee Two, Mal was riding his bike at Winton. Or try mick@shearwatermotorcycles.com.au that was the contact given me by MTAS for the Championships. I have emailed him tonight but dont really expect a reply to soon, they are probably under the pump a bit trying to get things together.
Our main issue is to get as many to jump onto the ferry as we can and make this thing hum. We have around 12 solos and 2 sidecars so far from WA. Any ideas from the other states?

Alan Sidecar 21 WA
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Classic Motorcycling Australia Forums © 2000 - 2024 Go To Top Of Page
This page was put together in 1.02 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 by Classic Motorcycling Australia | Web design by: Greening Computer Services