Not registered? Then you're not seeing all there is to see. Do you want to contribute? Register now by clicking HERE!

Forums  

Advertise with Classic Motorcycling Australia
Advertise with Classic Motorcycling Australia

All Forums
 Classic, Historic & Post Classic Motorcycling
 Future Race Meetings
 2004 Australian Historic Championships
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 8

David
Site Administrator

Australia

999 Posts

Posted - 04 Oct 2004 :  9:12:44 PM  Show Profile  Visit David's Homepage Send David a Private Message  

Matthew,

Welcome aboard..
quote:
Originally posted by matthew ronke

I guess the reason for my posting is simply to highlight that there are positives in Historic Motorcycling and that the element of discontent and negativity hold too much of a presence.
There are a lot of positives in this topic as well, but when only half the picture is given, and people do not know the truth, the easiest way is to question it until you get an answer, which has not happened fully.
quote:

The major stakeholders MA and your Historic commission together with race circuit promoters be it clubs or organisations such as Winton or Phillip Island need to formulate a clear and distinctive way forward for Historic Motorcycles. Historic Motorcycling with all the stories of hardly anyone wants to run the championship need your support more than ever. It needs you to help develop a future and help present a way forward.
We are trying to develop a future for all types of historic racing through this site and others I have helped set-up, and hope to continue to do so.
quote:

Alan Cotterell has become almost an ambassador for the race meeting through his association with the Winton Motorcycle Club. But what we need is more ambassador for the Historic region, someone from each group or era to stand up and help get bikes on track not just for this race meeting but for future meetings as well. If you are willing to help out and I will certainly help anyone who does you can contact me on (03) 57664235 or 0438573035 or email matthew.ronke@wintonraceway.com.au
Alan has done some promoting of the the Winton Motorcycle Club, but not that much here at this site so we miss it.

Look all the readers/users of this site want is the true facts and not half facts and that is most of the reason for the negativity from some users (I supose you could include me), but like I said we have not been fully informed as to why a lot of the crap has been happening.
quote:
Originally posted by acotrel

Winton Motorcycle Club and Benalla Auto Club cordially invite all historic motorcycle enthusiasts to participate in/attend the 2004 Australian Historic Road Race Championships, at Winton Raceway (Victoria).
I aslo do not see a mention of MA in the orignal post from Alan. Yet you state the costing was given to you from MA as they a major stakeholder. I am sure you can see where a lot of people are getting confused here..

Lets hope that the meeting is a great success and you get the right ammount of both riders and spectators.

Regards,

David
Webmaster & Owner of Classic Motorcycling Australia

Quote: I thought I wanted a career, turns out I just wanted to be paid.
Go to Top of Page

john
Forum Moderator

Victoria

3130 Posts

Posted - 04 Oct 2004 :  9:44:31 PM  Show Profile Send john a Private Message  

Mathew, you mention problems with the 2002 Title meeting and state that nobody seemd interested in running the event again. I have a statement and 2 questions.
The statement is that I am aware of groups who are happy to promote the National Historic titles.
The first question, what were the problems in 2002 that could not be overcome?
And why do you have information that I as the Secretary and we as the Committee do not have?

That meeting was run by the HMRAV, which has now run 2 very succesful Southern Classic meetings and 2 Vic Titles meetings, drawing huge spectator crowds[for Broadford ] against all the advise that it could not be done, since that 2002 meeting. The HMRAV was also asked to submit an application and we planned to run then in conjuction with the Southern Classic, by including the Southern Classic Feature events along side the championship races.
I do admit to sour grapes but I believe I am proficient enough to accept losses, and get on with racing and promotion but I feel uncomfortable when I see what I believe to be incorrect information.
If I am wrong please show me where I am incorrect?

Come what may, I too want the Aussie Historic Titles for 2004 to be a success so that any winner can be recognised as a true top dog, so the sport can grow in the future with motorcycle clubs still promoting it.

John Daley Sidecar #68
' there are those who do, those who dont do and those who undo. We must lampoon the latter."

Edited by - john on 05 Oct 2004 07:39:44 AM
Go to Top of Page

Alan
Forum Moderator

Western Australia

353 Posts

Posted - 04 Oct 2004 :  10:49:51 PM  Show Profile Send Alan a Private Message  

There were numerous problems in 2002 and although I didnt attend I can state that the feed back we received from our competitors was not very complimentary. Memory has dulled thiongs a little but two issues that come to mind were the gates opening late and the lack of practice. I will dig out the report I had from the competitors and will let you know John off this site so you are aware of what went on.
This meeting I am sure once under way will be fine but the lack of information and assistance given to interstate competitors has taken the edge off of the lead up to the event but as I said once under way it will be fine as long as enough people enter.
I am not talking about methanol any more.
Alan sidecar 21 WA
Go to Top of Page

Alan
Forum Moderator

Western Australia

353 Posts

Posted - 04 Oct 2004 :  11:12:23 PM  Show Profile Send Alan a Private Message  

Matthew,
Firstly I must correct you on one baltant mistruth, WA would most definately apply again to run another championship and was considering doing so again this year when all the to-ing and fro-ing was going on before your organistaion was awarded it. As for the fee structure I doubt MA directed you as to what to charge, they may have advised what the market would bear. We in WA charged from memeory $120.00 last year including the riders levy, on top of that we organised methanol for interstate riders who wanted it, supplied information sheets to assist with details such as car hire, accomadation etc, had advance order facility for memorabilia and so on. We did this with a small group of volunteers on a part time basis as have all the other clubs that have held championships in the past. I do not pretend running a major event such as this is easy because we all know it isnt but with good planning and information flowing to the right people, the competitors, there would not be the so called negative attitudes that you have mentioned.
I have harped on about methanol at length previously but imagine how Rex would have felt if he had got off the plane, at Perth and then had to run around to pick up a 205 litre drum of fuel on his way to the race track.
The issue of fuel storage does need addressing prior to the event as it is impossible to restrict crews to 40 litres of fuel as per the Supp Regs, one two rider team coming from WA is bring 5 bikes, tell me that they can get through the weekend with 40 litres of fuel each, yes they do use methanol.
Your response to the last will be interesting.
In closing I repeat, WA will apply to hold another championship meeting in the future.

Alan sidecar 21 WA
Go to Top of Page

Former Member
deleted

120 Posts

Posted - 05 Oct 2004 :  12:19:43 AM  

Well winton must be getting desparate when you read that long winded dribble by the owners son that just tells you how out of touch with reality they are. winton is already trying to blame everyone for its own failure before the meeting is even run. we made a few calls tonight and found out that every bike club that has run the titles recently has made money, the titles is even called a license to print money but all the guys who raced thought it was good value. also found out that the problem at the last titles at winton was that the owners were to lazy to get up early to let the guys in and the idiot is tryin to use that as a excuse to blame someone else when they caused all the problems. one really good question that come up that the ronk boy could tell us is how much would they charge a bike club to hire the place for 3 days on either the normal track or the new one, then you could really see what a rip off this is for 3 races. one of the viccy boys said tonite that they got 7 races at broadford over 2 days for under 150 bucks and had all classes and split the classic and posty sidecars, but of course there was no bears to stuff up a classic meeting. we also heard that you better take all your proof for your bike if you got it because at winton they start revewing logbooks. we all rekon this is just a bad year for bikes coz MA has screwed up badly this year, not just with classics either, i really hope whoever ends up going to this rip off and poorly organized meeting enjoys themself but i think everone will look back on this year as a real dud when you look at the crap that come out of MA and the crap decisions they have made. somehow the optimist in me rekons that MA are relising that peoples are finished letting them make whatever decisions they want and getting away with it, this meeting at winton is a good example of that and so is everyone firing back at all their insane rule changes and there philosphy to destroy racing. MA needs to get staff who know what the sport is about, having staff who are a part of the sport would be a good start, and to start litening to what people want. maybe this is the year we had to have to sort all this crap out and get back to racing.

Jayne
Go to Top of Page

Former Member
deleted

7 Posts

Posted - 05 Oct 2004 :  10:33:07 AM  

Snoozer you obviously have some major issues with people in the sport. These issues seem to be deep seed and obviously trouble you to the point of your postings. Being desperate to come on here and posting is one thing but I would suggest it is more disappointment than anything else. To date you have very much ragged on every section of Historic Motorcycling the people that run it the people that are involved in it and anyone that you can tie in as well. I sincerely hope that you are also working positively behind the scenes to promote Historic Motorcycle and give it the exposure it deserves. Snoozer your opinions remind me very much of the VHRR where you wish to wrap up Historic motorcycles from a control point of view and nit allow anyone other than the HMRAV to run Historic Motorcycle events in Victoria. PI Operations and Winton Raceway are both keen to help promote Historic Motorcycling to new audience which in my opinion would ultimately help HMRAV as new members into the sport are likely to sign up as members to your organisation. I see this scenario as a win win for both parties. In terms of fuel this is a real pressure coming on motorsport as a whole, we must all work together to provide outcomes that don’t restrict motor racing taking part. Sandown is in the worst situation at the moment. The Melbourne Racing Club are serious looking at abandoning motor racing, as the OH&S compliance is too difficult. In relation to the claims that not many other organisations wanted the championships I will make more enquires but as far as I am aware both Alan Cotterell and Heather Wallace from our office have both been told from not one person but three different people. I apologies Alan if this is not the real case but you should be aware that these comments are being made. It is very healthy when many states are willing to run the championships and this is of course a good thing for Historic Motorcycles. The issue of the problems in 2002 John I am not totally aware of, I think it was a range of little problems, and no one is doubting that you have done a great job at Broadford for the last two Southern Classics. In terms of the opening gate times I think snooze you have the bull by the horns once again I happen to be present when Mick asked Graeme Harder what time the gates open. He said what time do you usually open the gates and Mick replied 8am. Graeme said that 8am would do. I often open the gates at race weekends on arrangement before 8am, the recent Superbike round at Winton we opened the gates at 6:30 am. It is also interesting to note that the HMRAV turned down the offer of having security available who would have overcome this problem as well. What eventuated was the locks on the front gate got cut off which upset our management no end. Mick I believe threatened to have Dave Large charged by the police for wilful damage if he did not apologies and ever since Dave Large has been less than enthused when the word Winton is mentioned. Hence the problem I believe coming from certain groups within the HMRAV. This cannot be good for Historic Motorcycling and Snooze they really have to get over the personality classes if Historic Motorcycles wants to go forward. In terms of racing a schedule won’t be produced until entries have closed. The reason for this is to give the maximum amount of track time to riders as possible. Last weekend Winton ran a car Historic meeting with some competitors getting up to 10 races for the weekend on the long circuit at Winton with 5 and 7 lap races for a entry fee of $200. A total of 36 races for the weekend and 4 or 5 demonstrations and the program still finished 30min early. Now I doubt this many races will be available at the Aus Championships but the philosophy will be remain. As many possible races giving competitors as much track time as possible. Just to finish up David I think your site is a terrific way to present information to people that are passionate about the sport. You must be congratulated for the investment you have made in this service. I have been a casual reader of this site for about the last 18 months and I must say it is the best source of information I have for Historic Motorcycle Racing. Yet again I believe that Historic Motorcycles can grow if we invest in its future but we need to be positive and channel our energy into growing the sport rather than pulling it down so a few could hang on to a bit of power. Snooze my email is matthew.ronke@wintonraceway.com.au or (03) 57664235 if you wish to channel your energy it promoting the Aus Championship and influencing its decision rather than dragging Historic Motorcycling through an ugly mud bath.

www.motorsportforum.net.au
Go to Top of Page

Former Member
deleted

120 Posts

Posted - 05 Oct 2004 :  11:59:30 AM  

Matthew you are a ******** and your just adding to the damage that winton & MA deserve, do you actually have permission to write your dribble. but at least we all know now that winton has a real hangup with the HMRAV over in viccy and last time i looked i dont even live there. are you jealous or embarrased that they put on good meetings and have the cred you're dreaming of, most other bike clubs in Oz do the same as well thats why bike clubs usually run meetings. if you want to get on here and make a name for yourself then tell everyone the real & true reason Ross Martin wanted the titles to go to your little track. Alan cottrel and the woman from your office dont represent bike racing and arnt really any part of it, so when you go fishing for answers go and ask the right people so you dont come across as a idiot. other people wanted the titles and would have done a better job. I think you might be caught up in your own little world as well when you think you can compare your little track with phillip island, there is not even any comparison. philip island has always promoted classics and have the runs on the board, they're already promoting a meeting in Jan that you can only dream of matching, and theres a race program already to go with it. all winton is trying to do is extract money from classics without actually giving a crap about them, I doubt even MA will let something like this happen again. so now lets look at your latest bit of of crap, you're telling us that you can run a meeting and give people 10 races a day but in the bike titles you are only offering 2 races a day for the same money. unless you think people are brain dead, are you saying that the bikes will get double or triple the races you've said they will. if your going to say this stuff dont lie and screw people around come out with the truth, how many rides will guys get. and we dont drag the sport thru the mud like you and the people your trying to impress think, we work very hard at promoting it and know very well that a sport like ours has to distance itself from commercial interests like winton that are going down the gurgler and are desparate to get money from anywhere, we get plenty of support in taking on the idiots, wheres yours?. it seems more and more people are turning there back on winton, maybe you better look a lot closer to home for the reason, tho its pretty obvious. and remember you now really have to answer the question youve started, will the guys get the 10 races you say they can or is the real truth still only 2 races on sunday and 1 on saturday. That is the real truth isnt it.

Jayne
Go to Top of Page

Alan
Forum Moderator

Western Australia

353 Posts

Posted - 05 Oct 2004 :  9:28:59 PM  Show Profile Send Alan a Private Message  

I have had a lot to say about the coming National Championships and not all of it complimentary however I can honestly state that Snooze is so far off the track his comments should in future go through a mediator before being published. I cannot comment much further than that as I was a Commissioner at the time some of the decisions were made regarding the allocation of this particular meeting. I will say though that targetting Ross Martin and MA is not the way to go about things, if you have an issue you are at liberty to call them and discuss whatever is bugging you man to man instead of hiding behind a nickname and throwing stones. I have had many discussions with Ross Martin and David White over the years and while not agreeing with everything they say or believe in I can say that they have always been approachable and in the main have always returned calls.
Having said all of that I still believe Winton could have been more helpful in their responses to my enquiries when I have phoned them which is why I went public on here as I couldnt get any sensible response to my questions.
I have heard that at the Southern Classic that some disgruntled parties stated they will not be attending Winton as they do not believe they are getting value for money with the high cost of entering and the lack of real track time. I hope this is not the case and as I have said before we from the West will be there with around 15 to 20 solos and 2 sidecars.
Lets get out there, participate and then put our comments into writing to MA in a sensible manner so as to let them know our thoughts for the future.
Alan sidecar 21 WA
Go to Top of Page

Former Member
deleted

120 Posts

Posted - 05 Oct 2004 :  11:11:19 PM  

Well Alan I told the old man he must be a queer if he married me, at least according to an expert by you. anyway he told me not to worry coz you failed MA as a commish and they kicked you off, about when Ross Martin arrived aye, open your eyes and stop sucking up to them it wont do you any good. you've agreed with the pressure put on winton and MA thru this site and other places while it suits you, you might just get a better deal at winton when you get there because of it, when you had your meth problem and couldn't get winton to sort it all out for you, you used this site to call for help and it seems you got it. you're a switch hitter Alan. no point tryin to target me to get brownie points elsewhere, becoz there are none there for you, you blew your chance. if you take the time to look around you'll find out there is massive unrest against MA and its dumb decisions. now that you've switched back to your softly softly approach, maybe becoz you've got what you wanted, you think you know a better way. if your way is so good why have we got insane rule changes and the philosophy of death. people in all states disagree with your way becoz MA has failed them and failed to listen to what they want, do you actually relise that. i rekon the next year or so will be when MA is forced to listen, dont suck up to them by suggesting i should be gagged, when i hear something i pass it on mainly on this site and i know lots of people appreciate it, and by the way i am moderated, i learnt a while back how far i can go.

Jayne
Go to Top of Page

Former Member
deleted

174 Posts

Posted - 06 Oct 2004 :  02:44:35 AM  

When will we see you and your old man snooz run for a posi on the MA board?
Seems that you know all the answers to the problems in historic racing...

Have to ask do YOU currently or have you ever raced motorcycles or outfits?
Have you ever been to Winton?
Let alone been on the race track?

As most of us are trying to work out solutions for fellow competitors ie meth etc
you continual abuse at Ross,Matt,MA whoever is in your sight is not the best way to help with these issues.
Im offering to help are you?
MA's not perfect,Matts probably not perfect(never met him personally)Im definatley not perfect,but are you??????????
The reason I cant attend winton is that I will be at the Island racing my F1/P5 outfit and hopefully with the Honda in the 125GP class.

Alan,You can pass my number on to any one coming over from the west to get in touch with me regarding getting methanol.
Will help in any way possible specially sidecar teams!!!Bruda...

Matthew and the Winton crew Good Luck with the champs,Hope the meet turns out well for all going.

As for storing meth,
Have a looksy at your home and contents insurance,and see just how much flammables you can keep around your home.
A known person to a friend of mine had his payout declined when his garage and quarter of the house was gutted by fire.
This guy lost all his beloved harleys(4) and a drag harley (a mates).
He had 2 60litre drums of meth and 20litres of nitromethane stored out there.
Insurance mob said he incorrectly stored flammables and said bye bye.
I can see Wintons dilemma here on the storage issue considering OH@S is involved.

Its not what you ride,Its how fast you ride it!!!
Go to Top of Page

john
Forum Moderator

Victoria

3130 Posts

Posted - 06 Oct 2004 :  07:43:42 AM  Show Profile Send john a Private Message  

Alan, your comments about people talking at the Soutnern Classic are correct. I was asked many questions about why no schedule of events and the 3 rides for the weekend.

John Daley Sidecar #68
' there are those who do, those who dont do and those who undo. We must lampoon the latter."
Go to Top of Page

Former Member
deleted

7 Posts

Posted - 06 Oct 2004 :  08:17:48 AM  

Thank you guys for your support and thankyou to the people that emailed and have phoned in. I will look at the meth problem and storing off it and see if I can help in anyway. I am off to Bathurst today so you may not near back from me until Monday.

www.motorsportforum.net.au
Go to Top of Page

Former Member
deleted

120 Posts

Posted - 06 Oct 2004 :  11:01:29 AM  

Thanks for your valuable words of wisdom Neil, do we assume you dont compete in historics. if u did i guess you would go to the aussie titles and show your support and not to a non championship meeting, or perhaps your pissed off like other people with the up yours winton and MA attitude. i suppose you've also noticed that as a result of all the pressure theres light at the end of the tunnel though any pressure put on winton wont effect you coz youre not going but it might help you in the future. your questions about me and the old man are so pathetically predictable from your type, have u read between the lines, weve already forgotten more about the sport than you've learnt yet. but the good thing is that your racing, dont get frightened when the pressure comes on coz if you do you'll get walked on. like i've alredy said there are attacks against the current MA way of doing things coming from everywhere, are you so stupid to think that all these people are wrong and a couple of ********s at the MA office know everything. winton is now bending over backwards to try and salvage a meeting they never should have had in the first place, little matty is backpeddling at a 100 mph coz he got caught out on a lot of lies and daddy isnt happy, they now have to do things that wernt going to bother about. focus your efforts on the future of the sport, work out what you think is good or bad at the moment and talk about that instead, and have a look at how many people are reading this topic and acting on it to stop MA dead in in its tracks, dont start crawling up the ****s of people who dont really give a crap about you.

Jayne
Go to Top of Page

Former Member
deleted

174 Posts

Posted - 06 Oct 2004 :  12:15:28 PM  

HEY SNOOOZER
Sponsors commitments are my reasons Im competing at the Island if they let my 125 race at winton then I would be up there in a flash with the outfit aswell.Garage fees or not.

As for not competing Miss Computeracer 9 meetings 8 trophies and less than 12 months racing my own outfit say more than enough,and thats not even considering the posty days and the proddys aswell over the years,
What your track record of competing...............
F/A I assume.

You really are very silly to think that I dont support historics as Im offering help competitors from interstate get meth not bad considering Im not even attendind the meeting...What are you doing to help thats right Sweet F/A again...
"Weve forgotten more than youve learnt' geez you are pretty full of ya self there.

So keep the dribble coming computeracer you make me laugh lots.

Go to Top of Page

David
Site Administrator

Australia

999 Posts

Posted - 06 Oct 2004 :  2:02:29 PM  Show Profile  Visit David's Homepage Send David a Private Message  

I do not want to have to step in here. Can we please get back on the topic at hand and stop jumping down each others throat. I do not mind discussion about organizations, but when it comes to individuals, pull your heads in and get back on topic.

I have mentioned this to Jayne in the past, and it needs to stop. Not only from her, but others I thought would have the oil on their backs to let the water slide off.

If there is still an issue with the 2004 AHC, lets get them out in the open so it turns out to be the best AHC yet, and embrace it. I know I am promoting the AHC where and when I can, how about you?

Regards,

David

Go to Top of Page

Ben
Honda CB350 Racers Promotion - Moderator

Victoria

288 Posts

Posted - 06 Oct 2004 :  3:27:58 PM  Show Profile Send Ben a Private Message  

Right on David. I have only been to three meetings (ever) and was naively encouraged by the apparent comradeship and respectful attitudes of the riders I have met so far. I find the direction this post has taken extremely disconcerting and inappropriate. Please all, if there are issues try to be a little professional when dealing with them, deformation of individuals solves nothing and is not at all constructive. Follow the correct channels, treat people with respect and I bet you will have a lot more success and will be taken far more seriously.
Believe me, public posts like this have a far greater negative impact on the sport than you could imagine. It’s supposed to be fun right?

Try Everything
Go to Top of Page

Former Member
deleted

120 Posts

Posted - 06 Oct 2004 :  6:30:23 PM  

I'm glad David has pointed out that this topic is about the fast approaching aussie historic titles and told everyone to stick to it. You'll notice neil that my replies relate to how a lot of us see MA and winton not recognising them for what they are, and for stuffing up historic racing generally. your legendary status on a modern has impressed me no end but its completley irrelevant to the subject but i'm glad i gave you the opportunity to tell us all. what is good is that you're arranging the meth for all the interstate guys and not even going to the meeting, thats a superhuman effort which i hope they all take you up on, though its sad that winton won't help and you have to do it. an interesting story for another topic is why they wont let you race your 125. if replies like mine intimidate or scare you neil then the answer is simple, dont read them, but relise that there is a rolling campaign across all states to stop the idiots at MA dead in their tracks and have them come to the table and listen to what historic racers want. the so called negativity that some of u cant seem to handle is what got us where we are at the moment. what you're seeing on this site and whats happening even more off it is the positive stuff. in time when titles are correctly run, and all the classes are recognised for what they are, you'll all probably look back and say jeez we were ********s, unless of course you still think elvis is alive. and thanks for another reminder David, i might be upsetting a few but a lot more know were getting some where.

Jayne
Go to Top of Page

Alan
Forum Moderator

Western Australia

353 Posts

Posted - 06 Oct 2004 :  7:18:57 PM  Show Profile Send Alan a Private Message  

I am not going to justify this little old ladies ramblimgs any further except to point out to her than when she talks about all states moving against MA she should have her facts clear as she is wrong about WA being involved.
Moving on I would like to thank everyone for offering assistance with methanol but we have managed to organise supplies through Phil Wagner on 03 5762 1439. For yoyr info it is BP methanol and he can also organise BP 100 (avgas) if required. The methanol isnt cheap but he is at least prepared to order it in for us and being at Benalla is local. I havent talked to him about storing it and letting us pick it up during the weekend but I suppose he may be agreeable if approached in the proper manner.
As for Davids request to bring any other issues out into the open we from WA really dont have any for now as we have manged to resolve them from here with the help of people on this site and Wayne Bradley, a modern sidecar racer.
Thanks again to everyone for your assistance and we will be there as I said before with around 17 solos and 2 sidecars.

Alan (the nice guy from WA)
Go to Top of Page

Former Member
deleted

120 Posts

Posted - 07 Oct 2004 :  01:50:25 AM  

I don't think you are the chosen voice from WA Alan, but i gotta say that its a bit confusing, either there are people who don't think very much of your personal views or you've got more than one group claiming to be the voice of WA. watever you think and whatever you want maybe you should look into it and sort it out. hope you all have fun at winton.

Jayne
Go to Top of Page

Former Member
deleted

174 Posts

Posted - 07 Oct 2004 :  02:52:44 AM  

A personal attack on me from a non rider Im sure the scar will heal soon.........Quack!
As for the track record there Jane it is to point out to you what this season has been,PROMOTING the sport,and that doesnt include the trips around the state displaying the outfit and once again PROMOTING historics and my club.
Whats your efforts on promoting the sport lately?
Ever thought of this one Jane?,We need more women racers in the sport so channel ya anger into getting into that its more useful than personally attacking us present and past racers.You may even find an ally in you crusade too.
Get a licence, get a bike and get the **** on the track and then I and others might take you a bit more seriously.Till that happens good luck to you and your endeavour with the MA and Winton issues you seem to have.

David,funny that you mention the oil as I was applying a film of Castrol R to my torso...Smells good too.MMMMMMMMM Castrol Rahhhhh.(Homer reference)

Back to reality now.
Glad youve got the fuel sorted out there Al.
Just wondering what outfits are coming over?
I spoke to a young bloke at the S/C and he said that he was going to passenger for a chair from WA.
Wouldnt be you by any chance?

Ben,
Here is a story to try to restore your faith in the wonderful religon called Historic Motorcycle Racing.

Southern Classic Weekend
Saturday morning after having the bike scruted and log book checked,I only had my out of date licence in hand as I had renewed my licence a week earlier and hadnt recieved the renewed item.Thats my problem not MV's as MV have till 14 days to post it out.Another rider had the same prob/issue as me.
After telling the Cheif Steward Heinz Schulter my dilemma(whilst haing a dummy spit)(me that is) he told me to sit tight and he could see what he could do.Off he went
Heinz rang Peter Wright from MV who was busy doing other buisness,Peter promptly headed for the MV offices and fixed up the issues straight away.
Considering we only had to miss out on 1 warm up session things could have been much worse for me and the other competitor if MV didnt care.
Thanks again Peter and thank-you Heinz.
Good things do happen dude!Have faith Bruda Ben!!!

Edited by - n/a on 07 Oct 2004 03:15:03 AM
Go to Top of Page

Alan
Forum Moderator

Western Australia

353 Posts

Posted - 07 Oct 2004 :  10:45:26 PM  Show Profile Send Alan a Private Message  

Neil, Yes the young guy you met will be riding with me as long as my Log Book is approved. I suppose I will get accused of sucking up to MA so my application goes through now. Rod Bell the guy in question has been keen for a while and has been doing ride days etc in preparation for the Island Classic next year which I promised to attend for him and when I decided to build another bike and come over for the Nationals he jumped at the chance.
The sidecars coming over are a Honda, reasonably quick ridden by Ralph Briotti and mine hopefully, a Suzuki untried but should be around the middle of the field hopefully.
I answer to Jayne the Pain, if I dont know what is happening in WA then no one does. I might not be the official voice but in my tenth consecutive year on the club committee and being a regular rider modern and historic as well as being a machine examiner, race secretary and clerk of the course I reckon I might just have a feel for what is happening over here. Oh yes I nearly forgot I was the club president last year when we hosted the Nationals. Any chance of a brief history of your involvement so we can decide whether to take you seriously or not.
Go to Top of Page

Alan
Forum Moderator

Western Australia

353 Posts

Posted - 07 Oct 2004 :  10:49:07 PM  Show Profile Send Alan a Private Message  

Question for Jayne, you wouldnt happen to be related in some way to a south australian who has had log book troubles would you?
Go to Top of Page

matcho mick
Advanced Member

New South Wales

570 Posts

Posted - 07 Oct 2004 :  11:46:44 PM  Show Profile  Visit matcho mick's Homepage Send matcho mick a Private Message  

geezas this is better than daze of our lives?
Go to Top of Page

Former Member
deleted

120 Posts

Posted - 07 Oct 2004 :  11:54:03 PM  

Nope, weve only got 1 bike that needs a log and it sailed through first time round, hope you get yours legal and racing real soon. have a talk with MWA, they may not see things thru your eyes, take the constuctive suggestion to sort things out without getting all defensive.

Jayne
Go to Top of Page

Former Member
deleted

174 Posts

Posted - 08 Oct 2004 :  02:32:04 AM  

Al,
He has been giving it a real shot,had him on my platty before and looks like we have snared another passenger to the Gentlemans Club.I wish him and yourself a safe and happy outing.
As for "suckin" up to MA about your logbook,Ya dont have to,do as i did just give em a ring a ask how long it will take as you are coming over from WA to the Nats and let them know its a long way to travel for no ride.Im sure they will get it sorted somehow
Considering the stuff ups related to mine (the stuff ups were due to my old rider originally putting his address on it and not mine as he was originally going to buy it off me),I got mine pretty darn quick.But hey if people want to think that Im a suck "Then Im a suck" not just any suck but a racing one at that!!!

Quote:
Nope, weve only got 1 bike that needs a log and it sailed through first time round.

Are you applying for a second for it???Sounds like it.
Considering it sailed thru first time around I would have thought that you should have got one then for it.
Whats the deal?

If you havnt got one for it then I suggest you do some "sucking up" to MA as apparently we had to do,but hopefully MA wont send you to the back of the logbook line and give out a reality pill to wash the nasty taste of "sucking up" out.

Matho,
if we could get as many bored horny housewifes to watch us at race meets as TDOL gets, then Apres Racing would be a whole lot more fun................
Love a girl on her knees
liders!!!

Edited by - n/a on 08 Oct 2004 02:36:57 AM
Go to Top of Page

Former Member
deleted

120 Posts

Posted - 08 Oct 2004 :  03:22:18 AM  

You must do a lot of sucking neil if you cant get the nasty taste out of your mouth. about the log book, seeing as you have problems with the english language i'll tell it to you another way. i filled out the log book form, wrote the cheque and mailed it. about 2 weeks later got the log book in the mail. guess if everthing is okay and you fill it out right in the first place and give them some nice pretty pictures its sails through like i said. now isnt that relevant to the aussie titles, not.

Jayne
Go to Top of Page

Former Member
deleted

174 Posts

Posted - 08 Oct 2004 :  06:02:11 AM  

Considering you dont race and probably never will race at any aussie titles or anything for that matter,your opinion on the titles shouldnt really count for much,but as you have managed to aquire a logbook for a machine that I doubt that you will ever ride it could be worth listeneing to you as you are the only female active on the site,but not active where it really counts,on the racetrack.Having been a long time advocate of women riders/racers I dont know about that anymore if you are typical of the women in our sport.Lets hope there all not as angry as you seem to be.
But if you want to keep going hammer and tongs at me then by all means be my guest,its great that youve found an outlet to vent whatever your problems are,and your providing me with a good laugh thanks.
Pity you have to take it out on complete strangers who live 100's of miles away and have never met you,but if thats what does it for you then I should pity you but I wont cause I dont really care about you just your bike.
Therapy can help there Jane,therapy being tarmac,methanol and 3 wheels or 2 whatever is your pref.

And so are the days of our lives!!!!

Edited by - n/a on 08 Oct 2004 06:46:12 AM
Go to Top of Page

Former Member
deleted

174 Posts

Posted - 08 Oct 2004 :  06:51:02 AM  

Now back to the subject again,
John who do the HMRAV use for accom at winton.Maybe it could be recommended for the spectators.
Ive drawn a blank on who it is.
Any ideas?

Go to Top of Page

David
Site Administrator

Australia

999 Posts

Posted - 08 Oct 2004 :  06:57:39 AM  Show Profile  Visit David's Homepage Send David a Private Message  

Like sand through the hour glass so are the days of our lives.. Get back on topic guys and girls...

Someone has to to step up and be big about this and just not bite at the comments supplied by others, as I do not want to start deleting replies. I'll let you lot work it out who's going to be big about it.

Regards,

David

Go to Top of Page

john
Forum Moderator

Victoria

3130 Posts

Posted - 08 Oct 2004 :  07:28:04 AM  Show Profile Send john a Private Message  

There are only 38 beds available in Broadford, we use a place for the officials we have been using since we transfered the meetings back to Broady.
The district has to really think about how they can get involved with accommodation because there are opportunities for them.
Patrick has even got plans for accommodation on site.

John Daley Sidecar #68
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 8 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Classic Motorcycling Australia Forums © 2000 - 2024 Go To Top Of Page
This page was put together in 1.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 by Classic Motorcycling Australia | Web design by: Greening Computer Services