Not registered? Then you're not seeing all there is to see. Do you want to contribute? Register now by clicking HERE!

Forums  

Advertise with us
Advertise with us

All Forums
 Classic, Historic & Post Classic Motorcycling
 Future Race Meetings
 2004 Australian Historic Championships
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 8

Former Member
deleted

120 Posts

Posted - 18 Oct 2004 :  6:11:51 PM  

We're not long back from the island what a top weekend, campground was a bit mushy where we were but that was okay, viccy cops were typical as usual, but they never take any interest in my little bike, dunno weather to feel insulted or not, must ask one oneday. It was interesting listening to the guys we met up with who arnt going to the titles, main reasons are crap communication, to few races and less races than the bears parasites and the fact that the bears are even allowed to hijack the meeting. We know of 12 guys who definately arnt going and we heard that you can triple that, and thats just from the guys at the island. One guy said that only about 20 bears will probably show up anyway and that usually an aussie title in viccy should get near 200 entries, so that sort of tells you that there idiotic stupidity is actually gonna cost them a lot of money, that is a good thing. Looks like Ross Martin & co and the idiots from winton are proving their real value to the sport, a common thing that was being said was they couldnt even organise a bonk in a brothel, well it was similar to that.

Jayne
Go to Top of Page

matcho mick
Advanced Member

New South Wales

570 Posts

Posted - 18 Oct 2004 :  11:01:22 PM  Show Profile  Visit matcho mick's Homepage Send matcho mick a Private Message  

hey snoozer,ease up on the bear bashing will ya, they're not a bad bunch,(winton's invitation perogative aside?),have raced matcho in heritage bears on odd occasion,(nat duke rally wakefeild),sthern classic year or 2 back,they were support races,ok they're bit "colourful",uptempo,but hey they're still racers,thats what counts eh?,just think at least titles copped them,(could easily have been buckets,ha ha )
Go to Top of Page

Alan
Forum Moderator

Western Australia

353 Posts

Posted - 18 Oct 2004 :  11:39:02 PM  Show Profile Send Alan a Private Message  

David ever since Period 5 was granted Championship status the National Championships have been held over 3 days and as best as I can remember the Thursday has been made available for open practice for those that wanted to pay the extra which certainly was the case last year and at Mallalla previously. It is surprising that Winton didnt take up the opportunity to open for practice on the Thursday as it was well supported on the previously mentioned meetings.

Alan Sidecar 21 WA
Go to Top of Page

David
Site Administrator

Australia

999 Posts

Posted - 19 Oct 2004 :  05:27:36 AM  Show Profile  Visit David's Homepage Send David a Private Message  

Your right there Alan. I just re-read the Sup Regs and found the race format:
quote:
Friday 5 November:
2 x practice sessions of 10 minutes for each class
1 x qualifying session of 15 minutes for each class

Saturday 6 November:
1 x qualifying session of 10 minutes for each class
1 x race for each class

Sunday 7 November:
1 x warmup
2 x Championship races for each class
See there is a total of 8 times on the track for the week-end. For some reason I thought that there was something written down that said there was an extra cost, can someone confirm if there is an extra cost for the Friday or not?

Regards,

David
Webmaster & Owner of Classic Motorcycling Australia

Quote: I thought I wanted a career, turns out I just wanted to be paid.
Go to Top of Page

john
Forum Moderator

Victoria

3130 Posts

Posted - 19 Oct 2004 :  07:19:18 AM  Show Profile Send john a Private Message  

Friday is included in the overall cost. I shall find out if Thursday practise is available.

John Daley Sidecar #68
' there are those who do, those who dont do and those who undo. We must lampoon the latter."
Go to Top of Page

john
Forum Moderator

Victoria

3130 Posts

Posted - 19 Oct 2004 :  10:01:01 AM  Show Profile Send john a Private Message  

Message from Winton
"The track in NOT available for practice prior to the Titles."

John Daley Sidecar #68
' there are those who do, those who dont do and those who undo. We must lampoon the latter."
Go to Top of Page

acotrel
Advanced Member

Victoria

2147 Posts

Posted - 19 Oct 2004 :  5:19:30 PM  Show Profile Send acotrel a Private Message  

Jayne, I returned from holidays today, and had a look at the entries for the Championships. I'm probably talking 'out of school' however, I'd just like to say that your estimates were way on the low side, regarding numbers of entries, (your numbers have already been exceeded by a large margin). There is still two and a half weeks to go, and the guys are notoriously slack at getting there entries in for any historic meeting. I'm beginning to believe that this meeting is going to be absolutely 'tops'.
Come and have a ride, you might actually have a really good time!
Best Regards,

Is your machine authentic or merely eligible?
Go to Top of Page

Former Member
deleted

120 Posts

Posted - 19 Oct 2004 :  8:28:32 PM  

Well Alan the only number of entries I mentioned was the bears parasites because a guy said there might only be about 20. so you must be coming onto a classic racing site and crowing about the bears entries. but whats the big secret you and the idiots from winton have got, if you know how many entries there are why dont you say what they are unless your talking bull****. Ross Martin & co and the winton idiots have totally blown there credibility over this meeting but you could save a bit. theres not to many people here who give a crap about the bears parasites so dont bother talking about them, tell us all how many classic entries there are and put up a race program. If theres 2 weeks to go and your still crying out for entries I guess that means the closing date in the regs is wrong, youd probably even take a check from someone on the grid. the meeting will go ahead and lots of guys will have a good time and some will be aussie champions but the wintons idiots have shown everyone how not to promote a meeting professionally, that means people will do it better in the future.

Jayne
Go to Top of Page

David
Site Administrator

Australia

999 Posts

Posted - 20 Oct 2004 :  06:18:43 AM  Show Profile  Visit David's Homepage Send David a Private Message  

From what I have seen this year, the Australian Historic Championship has been poorly run so far and the amount of negative comments that has been made about it is disturbing considering that the other Australian Historic Championships that have been run since this site started in 2001 have not had the comments (good or bad) with all of them run combined as this years Australian Historic Championship which is yet to race.

The organisers need to take a look at it and start communicating to the riders. I have offered this site as a promotion tool for the organisers to use (Alan C was here when we first set-up this site and what it was for) and they still do not use it.

I need to point out that we are the biggest Classic/Post Classic and Historic web site in Australia and get a huge amount of traffic through it, but do you see anything other than the negative topic on this year’s race because of the unknown. No communication makes it unknown there...

So here is a very open invitation to the organisers of the Australian Historic Championship: Please send me or post in the forum as much information as you can. If you send me the information by e-mail I will have it online well with-in 24 hours and you will be keep a lot of the negativity down as people will know what is going on. This can not be too hard and will not cost you anything to send me the information by e-mail.

Please keep the riders informed.

Regards,

David
Webmaster & Owner of Classic Motorcycling Australia

Quote: I thought I wanted a career, turns out I just wanted to be paid.
Go to Top of Page

john
Forum Moderator

Victoria

3130 Posts

Posted - 20 Oct 2004 :  07:57:42 AM  Show Profile Send john a Private Message  

Can I just ask that we stop the name calling.
We are all aware of the views of most individuals, it does not make good reading to be continually reminded of the descriptive words used.
It does not help the discussion to keep using them. I am not asking for a change to Gentlemen or Chief Executive Officers but I think the name calling is diminishing the quality of the comments, and may make it just a lot harder for all concerned to get a good resolution for the future.

John Daley Sidecar #68
Go to Top of Page

acotrel
Advanced Member

Victoria

2147 Posts

Posted - 20 Oct 2004 :  08:15:37 AM  Show Profile Send acotrel a Private Message  

David, while I was absent on holidays, Matthew Ronke contributed to this forum on such matters as supply of methanol fuel etc. I believe Winton Motor Raceway Pty Ltd will still accept a late entry from anyone who wants to come along and enjoy themselves
Jayne, I wasn't 'crowing' about the number of entries, however since the inception of this project at Winton, there have been negative comments from several parties, usually based on simple prejudice. The comments have not been intended to help make the Championship a success.
My comment was directed to all potential participants - I sincerely believe the 2004 Historic Championships at Winton will be good value! Anyone coming to the meeting will have a good time. And I'm saying that based on my reading of the entry list, and knowledge of the competence of Winton staff.

Best Regards,

Go to Top of Page

john
Forum Moderator

Victoria

3130 Posts

Posted - 20 Oct 2004 :  12:11:08 PM  Show Profile Send john a Private Message  

Listen up fellas.

At the end of day we all have to work with each other either as track managers or as promoting clubs.
We also want people to continue to read and use the website.

I believe Snoozer your use of the adjectives is not helping, people are certainly logging on to see the latest comments but there is little involvement of anybody across the whole site. Snoozer, I ask you to make your comments without the adjectives so the future dealings with everybody can be a bit smoother, without "idiot", " XXXXXX" etc ringing in their ears.
The abusive nature of many of the comments is not necessary.
Have I been got at, Yes I have been asked to try and get some civility back into the conversations.
I have advised those speaking with me to also directly approach David Greening as well

John Daley Sidecar #68
Go to Top of Page

Former Member
deleted

15 Posts

Posted - 20 Oct 2004 :  3:37:19 PM  

Jayne,
Would you like to give me another ring so we can have another one of our facinating talks.
Al.

Al
Go to Top of Page

acotrel
Advanced Member

Victoria

2147 Posts

Posted - 20 Oct 2004 :  6:11:12 PM  Show Profile Send acotrel a Private Message  

David, Would you please moderate the forum to remove any abusive comments. I suggest Jayne has a valid point of view and should be able to present it - it would be much better without the venom.
thanks

Go to Top of Page

Former Member
deleted

120 Posts

Posted - 21 Oct 2004 :  01:35:14 AM  

Well if you want venom try talking to commish Al. i rang him earlier tonite like i was told to put my case forward which is that MA have screwed up this year and just continue to do so and that giving the title to winton is proof of that considering how pathetic there organisation has been, quite a few us rekon that when it was obvious that winton didnt have the competance or experience to run this meeting MA should have stepped in and rescued things. we also rekon the changes in the capacity rules shouldnt even be considered if the bulk of racers dont want it and we rekon the philosophy of doom is a cop out coz MA lost out on destroying the sport first time round. so for having my own opinion i copped a big time serve for reading what MA were up to all wrong, for twisting what people are saying and for encouraging guys not to race at the titles. it seems that the commish and MA must see me as a dumb blonde coz he wanted to know who the "weak pricks" were that are feeding me info, when i told him some guys might want to talk to him about that he said some things that not i even i will type. i agreed to stop calling people the names i think they deserve but i didnt agree to stop lookin over there collective shoulders and also said i rekon i have to stop some things so should him and MA and he knows what i'm talking about. i was pretty cut after it all and wondered weather its worth watchin out for people and maybe better to just give up. so after i made a few calls and got some others back, well now that i know i got support so basically its up yours commish. i'll stick to our agreement but i'm not going away.

Jayne
Go to Top of Page

acotrel
Advanced Member

Victoria

2147 Posts

Posted - 21 Oct 2004 :  09:20:50 AM  Show Profile Send acotrel a Private Message  

Jayne, I suggest you check the accuracy of your assertions, before you make them public. The one about Winton not being competent to run the meeting is simply not correct. The main meeting for the year at Winton is the V8 Supercars, it brings 30,000 people over three days. The Bike Championships are small fry compared with it.
I suggest also that, if you want to change the way motorcycling is run in Australia, you should have a talk to the promoters first. If you send me an email, I'll try to get you the contact details. Let's get some sense into the proceedings?
I suggest that, regardless of the abusive tone of some of your postings, you have genuine concerns, let's address them.

Go to Top of Page

Former Member
deleted

120 Posts

Posted - 21 Oct 2004 :  10:18:46 AM  

Alan C i might be wounded but i'm not down and out. may i politely say that if winton consider the bike titles are small fry then winton is in trouble coz if they were so good at running a v8 car race they wouldnt have lost it. we dont really want to change how bike racing happens in Oz, thats a problem you've got along with some others, virtually everyone wants to see all the rules changes that have happened over the last few years settle down and be left alone so they can be made to work. i really dont think i'll be coming to you for advice until you understand the rules at least.

Jayne
Go to Top of Page

john
Forum Moderator

Victoria

3130 Posts

Posted - 21 Oct 2004 :  10:22:08 AM  Show Profile Send john a Private Message  

Bait - anon ; a substance or manouvre to entrap the unwilling or the naive;

John Daley Sidecar #68

Edited by - john on 21 Oct 2004 10:24:34 AM
Go to Top of Page

acotrel
Advanced Member

Victoria

2147 Posts

Posted - 21 Oct 2004 :  4:10:15 PM  Show Profile Send acotrel a Private Message  

The trouble is I DO understand the rules. They keep me away from participation. When I bring out a bike that would have been a real winner in the mid-sixties, and see a lot of guys around me riding oversize multi-cylinder machines, I just forget about going back. I spent 5 years of my life in C grade putting up with a similar situation in the 70s, I don't want to go back there.
If you believe the rules are OK, you don't have any real vision, or even knowledge of racing in the 50s and 60s, or even 70s.
Sorry, - I don't mean to be offensive.

Go to Top of Page

acotrel
Advanced Member

Victoria

2147 Posts

Posted - 21 Oct 2004 :  4:14:20 PM  Show Profile Send acotrel a Private Message  

I apologise for the previous comment. I don't wish to snipe at anyone. I really think they are the benchmark in P4. However the competition needs to be set on a fairer basis.

Go to Top of Page

Former Member
deleted

120 Posts

Posted - 21 Oct 2004 :  6:52:42 PM  

May i politely say that if you knew the rules you wouldnt say they only apply to championships and you wouldnt think it was legal to use nitro.
now we can get back to the topic. can the gentlemen at winton finally release the entry numbers for the classics along with a race sched. it is important so guys know if there is a class for there bikes or not or who else there mixed in with in case theres no point in bringing more than one bike. the gentlemen at winton have a responsibility to do this.

Jayne
Go to Top of Page

acotrel
Advanced Member

Victoria

2147 Posts

Posted - 22 Oct 2004 :  2:42:06 PM  Show Profile Send acotrel a Private Message  

Jayne, If anyone has concerns about bringing two or more bikes to the meeting, they should talk to Heather Wallace on (03) 5766 4235. I have already sat down with her and discussed splitting events where possible, (where numbers permit reasonable grids - there will be no '4 bike' races) I believe the schedule of events will soon be available. As I said previously the total number of entries is well in excess of your predictions, however I don't feel it's my position to speak for Winton Motor Raceway Pty Ltd, other than I've done so far. Heather might discuss numbers further with you, if you ask her politely.
Best Regards,

Go to Top of Page

acotrel
Advanced Member

Victoria

2147 Posts

Posted - 22 Oct 2004 :  2:51:46 PM  Show Profile Send acotrel a Private Message  

Jayne, with respect to 'the rules', I believe if you ask MA, they wouldn't restrict promoters to running the classes in the rule book at meetings other than championships. In fact I suggest they'd be delighted to pick up an extra fee for such events.
The nitro thing is interesting, Bill Horseman and Ken Blake both used it in normal racing in the 60s and 70s, my associates also used it on speedway. I doubt that the rules have yet been changed to specifically exclude it, a lot of other chemical compounds would also have to be limited. In any case, fuel testing is not done at many meetings.

Go to Top of Page

john
Forum Moderator

Victoria

3130 Posts

Posted - 22 Oct 2004 :  3:39:35 PM  Show Profile Send john a Private Message  

Alllll!!!
MA does not grant permits for any meetings other than National Champs[ Road racing], the state organisations do that alone.
There is no extra fee for running other classes.

Nitro is not permissible at Road race meetings, GCR 6.2.2.
Fuel testing is carried out by the Federal EPA if you aint seen them its because they dont turn up with a candy car. They sneak in like parking inspectors.

John Daley Sidecar #68
Go to Top of Page

Former Member
deleted

120 Posts

Posted - 22 Oct 2004 :  10:45:31 PM  

I've been told to start my stuff with "without prejudice" apparently that might keep me out of peoples bad books. now alan c your comments on fuel and entries and class's continue to prove you have absolutely no comprehension of the rule book. may i politely suggest you read it, ask people to help you understand it and maybe comment on it then. i have never made a prediction on the numbers for the titles but i will, going from stuff on this web site and listening to others it should be at least 200 riders and maybe up to 230, some of them will bring more than 1 bike so the bike numbers should be a bit higher. if you are excess of that well done, if you're not, then poorly done.

Jayne
Go to Top of Page

john
Forum Moderator

Victoria

3130 Posts

Posted - 23 Oct 2004 :  09:28:25 AM  Show Profile Send john a Private Message  

When you use "Without Prejudice" I think in means you dont mind who reads it.
In a conversation about other matters I was advised that Fuel testing and Capacity testing personnel and equipment will be at the Aussie Titles.

John Daley Sidecar #68
Go to Top of Page

Geoffpgrant
Level 3 Member

South Australia

204 Posts

Posted - 23 Oct 2004 :  10:00:09 PM  Show Profile Send Geoffpgrant a Private Message  

Sorry Alan and John, I have actually been trying to work out how to ride the green beast faster... Pity I won't be out to play.

Despite everything, have a great time.

Geoff
Sidecar #30

Go to Top of Page

Alan
Forum Moderator

Western Australia

353 Posts

Posted - 24 Oct 2004 :  10:19:13 PM  Show Profile Send Alan a Private Message  

Well we have loaded our container so there is no turning back now. It would have been nice to have had our acceptances back by now so we could have changed our race numbers where necessary before our bikes left. Not a big deal just another minor annoyance.
Wonder if Winton will have the foresight to have race numbers available for those that need them. There always seems to be some mix up over numbers at these meets so it would be good idea.
Following on from Snoozers comments it would be really great if the entry numbers entered for each class were published somewhere for us to have a look at so we had some idea of what to look forward to. It must be close to being finalised by now as MA will want numbers and classes finalised so they can organise medallions etc and as all names have to be in the programme the printers will need to finalise details also.
Just a couple of hints for acotrel to take on board.

Alan Sidecar 21? WA
Go to Top of Page

john
Forum Moderator

Victoria

3130 Posts

Posted - 25 Oct 2004 :  1:18:31 PM  Show Profile Send john a Private Message  

I am just a bit concerned about the wrong bikes trying to enter the BEARS events.
A big no no is having Methanol fueled bikes racing against non Methanol fueled bikes. That is, if you run Methanol you cannot enter a Classic or Post Classic in the Heritage BEARS

John Daley Sidecar #68
Go to Top of Page

acotrel
Advanced Member

Victoria

2147 Posts

Posted - 25 Oct 2004 :  6:33:27 PM  Show Profile Send acotrel a Private Message  

The requirements for BEARS racing are available on You must be logged in to see this link. If you want to have the extra couple of rides, you should check the BEARS rules there.

The numbers of entries in each class are Winton's business, however since the trend so far has been to talk this meeting down, I doubt they will be very forthcoming with info. All I can say is there are plenty of entries, and this meeting should be great!

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 8 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Classic Motorcycling Australia Forums © 2000 - 2024 Go To Top Of Page
This page was put together in 1.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 by Classic Motorcycling Australia | Web design by: Greening Computer Services